125548 on DayZ Commander

TheHound

I know people have mentioned little bits here and there but is there any confirmation that this patch will hit dayz commander? Players struggle so much with simple things such as adding -mod=@DayzOverwatch; to the launch parameters(for overpoch), I just don't see this mod thriving without a simple solution for joining servers such as dayz commander. I got my builds ready but not sure what to do until the build hits commander(fingers crossed it will). Anyone that has any info on this would be majorly helpful.

I know people have mentioned little bits here and there but is there any confirmation that this patch will hit dayz commander? Players struggle so much with simple things such as adding -mod=@DayzOverwatch; to the launch parameters(for overpoch), I just don't see this mod thriving without a simple solution for joining servers such as dayz commander. I got my builds ready but not sure what to do until the build hits commander(fingers crossed it will). Anyone that has any info on this would be majorly helpful.

Nope, there's no confirmation from DotJosh himself. Having the Arma 2 patches on Dayz Commander is actually a bad idea. Using Steam to update is the best way because then you'll be sure everyone is running the right patch.

Well I'm fine with people getting the patch through steam, more worried about how people join after that without having to use all those parameters or setting up their expansions. Since DayZ commander usually does that for them I feel like at least 40% of my players will not be able to handle that kind of switch (I know its sad but it's true). Is there a steam alternative for them to be able to join without having to manually set the mods with parameters? I saw a thread somewhere with someone claiming once 1.63 hit stable that dotjosh had said he would update to the new steam system so it would still work, but that post was from sometime in May so I wasn't sure if that was to outdated to be accurate. Is our best bet to distributes .bats for people to join with for now?

I honestly believe that Steam are going to ruin Epoch mods success.  The new patch won't let my users stay connected, even after they've struggled to set it all up.  By the time Steam fix it (if at all they do) my users will have found other servers possibly on different mods to play.  I've also noticed that GameSpy is still up and DayzCommander hasn't budged on the update, so i'm assuming this is going to be a long week for some of us! 

I honestly believe that Steam are going to ruin Epoch mods success.  The new patch won't let my users stay connected, even after they've struggled to set it all up.  By the time Steam fix it (if at all they do) my users will have found other servers possibly on different mods to play.  I've also noticed that GameSpy is still up and DayzCommander hasn't budged on the update, so i'm assuming this is going to be a long week for some of us! 

It's really not that hard to update your Arma 2 to 1.63. A right click, a couple selections and bam, you're done. I didn't even have to do anything with the expansions page. I've got players on my servers. I can join my server but I do see lots of people connecting and disconnecting right away. The players that aren't able to connect are probably just making it overly complicated. 

I agree that it's extremely simple but some of the things I've had to explain to my players in the past make me seriously doubt some peoples abilities. I was able to find a .bat to distribute for now and put a tutorial up for my current regulars. I was just more worried about gaining new players if dayz commander never updates.

Guess its time for a Epoch launcher... This would give us alot opportunities anyways... extra "mod" download from armaholic for custom servers and direct choose for them, epoch servers integrated to a simple host list with extentions and ip's would be enough

I'm connecting to my server and getting "authentication timeout" , so are most of my players , that's why they're getting stuck in the lobby.  Why isn't anyone hearing this? I've run the steam patch, it's up to date, i'm launching through steam, i have the epoch mod enabled.. My server is dead right now, I've got emails from regulars saying they get the authentication time out errror, but when I go back to using the old patch through commander , it works.. It just isn't working with the the new patch, do you think it could be a server side issue? Is there anything I need to do server side? 

Thanks

Edit: Before anyone talks to me like I'm an idiot. Yes, I have the latest 1.63 112555 patch serverside, with Epoch 1.0.5.1 , which all works fine before this F******* steam patch came out!!! 

You are connecting with 122555 or with 125548? Or the patch after that? Cause steam updated to a patch AFTER 122555.

I'm using the latest steam "NOT BETA" patch that downloads when you start Steam for OA.  The default patch, I'm trying to keep it simple, not doing anything that my users can't handle.  Patch this, patch that, beta this, beta that.. I've never seen such a mess in my entire programming career.  Back in my days, it was simple, this patch for client, that patch for server.. DONE!! We'll contact you when a new patch for either comes out.. Maybe it's just my imagination or the fact my nan died a few days ago that's getting to me, but it seems that there's one half giving one piece of advice while the rest are content giving another.. I've even been told to NOT use Battleye and stick with 1.62 , and to get custom antihacks.. ffs! I just want to use the defaults, lol.. aaarrggh!! breath!

Edit: Before anyone talks to me like I'm an idiot. Yes, I have the latest 1.63 112555 patch serverside, with Epoch 1.0.5.1 , which all works fine before this F******* steam patch came out!!! 

If you are using the Steam version of Arma 2 OA, your server and client need to both be on 116523 or later. The latest OA beta is 124879.

Once you hit 116523, the version numbers aren't important, as an older client can connect to a newer server, or a newer client can connect to an older server, so long as it's at least 116523.

I'm using the latest steam "NOT BETA" patch that downloads when you start Steam for OA.  The default patch, I'm trying to keep it simple, not doing anything that my users can't handle.  Patch this, patch that, beta this, beta that.. I've never seen such a mess in my entire programming career.  Back in my days, it was simple, this patch for client, that patch for server.. DONE!! We'll contact you when a new patch for either comes out.. Maybe it's just my imagination or the fact my nan died a few days ago that's getting to me, but it seems that there's one half giving one piece of advice while the rest are content giving another.. I've even been told to NOT use Battleye and stick with 1.62 , and to get custom antihacks.. ffs! I just want to use the defaults, lol.. aaarrggh!! breath!

Well, 112555 is not the Steam version. It will not be protected by BattlEye and will not show up on any server list. You can't join it from the in-game browser either. Players will have to join it directly.

It's really very simple. All clients must update to Arma 2 OA beta. It's not complicated. Steam will update that as needed. Your server needs to be updated to 1.63 as well. If you don't, you won't have any players.

Sorry to hear about your Nan. Tough time. Can't you offload cos it sounds like the combo has hit you hard and you need to take a step back. Remember life's too short and stress is a killer.

Who do you host with? I have heard some hosts are having an epic fail on this.

Are you on dedicated or hosted single server?

Do you have any savvy admins on your crew who you trust enough to offload to as an exciting project?

Have you read through Brockie's helpful thread which worked first time for me?

Sorry if you have already answered some of the questions above and for not posting corresponding links but, im on a train on my phone atm.

Sorry to hear about your Nan. Tough time. Can't you offload cos it sounds like the combo has hit you hard and you need to take a step back. Remember life's too short and stress is a killer.

Who do you host with? I have heard some hosts are having an epic fail on this.

Are you on dedicated or hosted single server?

Do you have any savvy admins on your crew who you trust enough to offload to as an exciting project?

Have you read through Brockie's helpful thread which worked first time for me?

Sorry if you have already answered some of the questions above and for not posting corresponding links but, im on a train on my phone atm.

Thanks , appreciate the concern.  You're right, I'm actually getting ready to quit this shit.  

I'm convinced it's my provider . My server is still only running Beta Patch 1.63.112555, but I'm trying to connect with the latest STEAM patch, which I'm pretty sure would cause issues.  My provider don't seem to be listening to me, they either just repeat what I've already told them, or they play dumb and say "duuur , it works when i connect with dzc" .. AARRGH!!

No, everyone who joins my server as admin claims they can code n shit, but they can't.  Every two minutes I get an email like "do you know what playerUID means?" or "where do I put this file!" .. I've just totally lost the plot on the phone with my best friend and she's the sweetest girl you'll ever meet, so I'm giving this one more try and I'm quitting.. I know this sounds dramatic, but I'm just fed up, I only started the dam server so me and my son could hang out with friends and kill AI lol.. 

You're right, life is short and this shit just isn't worth it.  

So this how dumb they are, after telling them it only effects people connecting using the latest STEAM PATCH, they email me back with this:

I've just played for 10 minutes with no kick, it did kick me when I had 'Launch using Steam' selected, unticked that, no problems at all.

Verify your game files, then untick all steam options, join and its fine.

Do you think they are trolling me ? 

Only just now, is the penny dropping with them.. The guy just sent me an email saying he's added a "Steam Beta update" button to my cpanel.  I'm just lost for words.  This isn't the first time they've done this , I asked ages ago for a copy of the server and mission pbo's they'd compiled (with their deluxe pack) for 1.0.5.1 so I didn't have to pull my server down just to install it and get it that way.  I wanted to work offline and let my players continue using 1.0.4.2 .. The provider said  "It's easy to do , just shutdown your server and install it", I gave up because I knew they weren't listening again and just kicked my players and did it.. 

THEN, 10 minutes later he emails me and says "I'm sooo sorry, but we do have those files you asked for , here's the link"... I emailed him back and politely called him a troll.. What a bunch of spanners! 

I'd change host asap man. Personally I recommend Vert, but there are numerous hostingcompagnies out there, everything is better than this tbh

I've heard good stuff about Vert.  Did they give you the option to update your server to the Steam Beta?