125548 on DayZ Commander

TheHound

Looks like this is going to kill the mods.  Maybe I will start looking into H1Z1. If I was BI, and I knew these mods raised my sales to 500% above normal, I would be bending over backwards to help all the mod producers. 

The problem is people taking shortcuts or steam acting a little weird with the change between beta. Most people seem to be missing key requirements from updating to 1.0.5 or changing the .bat file to the proper directory. I just updated from 103718 to the new 125548 with no problem. My only issue was commander wasn't letting me connect to my local server. It won't even show up, but I just used arma2oa for that and getting dayzlauncher. (for those running arma2oa you may have to specify the port in game because it seems there is a new default port for servers and mine only showed after correcting the lan settings in game)

This file: DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus or similar. The new update requires you to change a directory:

Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe

to

arma2oaserver.exe

Thank you!! I will try it tonight. I asked 3 times in this forum lol, guess it got over looked.

Looks like this is going to kill the mods.  Maybe I will start looking into H1Z1. If I was BI, and I knew these mods raised my sales to 500% above normal, I would be bending over backwards to help all the mod producers. 

Meh couldn't disagree more.

Is it BI's fault that a great many server owners and hosters are simply incompetent? Sure you can't expect them to fix any server that broke during update? Server owners should have known this was a major update and they should have anticipated better by staging a test environment (everyone can create a local test server on their own PC) for the latest patch (it has been out a while). If you fail to do so and postpone updating to the last day and then try to it with little or no knowledge on how to actually fix problems/errors might they occur, then - in my opinion - there is no one else to blame but yourself.

Obviously the community is here to help, but if you do not know how to fix stuff yourself, the least you can do is be patient when you ask others to fix it for you. In the meanwhile search the forums and actually try reading the numerous threads about the update. Cause 9 out of 10 questions asked have already been answered.

Meh couldn't disagree more.

Is it BI's fault that a great many server owners and hosters are simply incompetent? Sure you can't expect them to fix any server that broke during update? Server owners should have known this was a major update and they should have anticipated better by staging a test environment (everyone can create a local test server on their own PC) for the latest patch (it has been out a while). If you fail to do so and postpone updating to the last day and then try to it with little or no knowledge on how to actually fix problems/errors might they occur, then - in my opinion - there is no one else to blame but yourself.

Obviously the community is here to help, but if you do not know how to fix stuff yourself, the least you can do is be patient when you ask others to fix it for you. In the meanwhile search the forums and actually try reading the numerous threads about the update. Cause 9 out of 10 questions asked have already been answered.

I've been wasting more time than I should have to with this mess. Fresh install of windows and a2oa on a dedicated box, fresh epoch and server installs with modifications made to config files for reporting and it still shows as grayed out no info and 10,000 ping in DZC but still connects, DZL doesn't connect and Steam only shows the server if its typed in the remote box. Newest patched server reported perfectly fine in game until this past week. Oh and these problems randomly effect clients with the exact same installs. I installed the game from scratch on seven different machines,(five real and two virtual), and every one of them shows something different or behaves differently using exactly the same connection strings, install steps and mods. Since MGT has a server with the same mods enabled as ours I used that as a test. On those seven machines, (plus five people on our server), we only had five total that could connect to that server and only three of those didn't show the server as grayed out with 10000 ping in DZC, six of those were not able to find it without using remote in game and only seven were able to connect to it through DZL. AND, every one of them were able to connect to both servers and play just fine using remote in game. Yep, sounds like a server problem to me... 

I've been wasting more time than I should have to with this mess. Fresh install of windows and a2oa on a dedicated box, fresh epoch and server installs with modifications made to config files for reporting and it still shows as grayed out no info and 10,000 ping in DZC but still connects, DZL doesn't connect and Steam only shows the server if its typed in the remote box. Newest patched server reported perfectly fine in game until this past week. Oh and these problems randomly effect clients with the exact same installs. I installed the game from scratch on seven different machines,(five real and two virtual), and every one of them shows something different or behaves differently using exactly the same connection strings, install steps and mods. Since MGT has a server with the same mods enabled as ours I used that as a test. On those seven machines, (plus five people on our server), we only had five total that could connect to that server and only three of those didn't show the server as grayed out with 10000 ping in DZC, six of those were not able to find it without using remote in game and only seven were able to connect to it through DZL. AND, every one of them were able to connect to both servers and play just fine using remote in game. Yep, sounds like a server problem to me... 

Fresh install of windows + all of that other stuff?? You really don't have a clue wtf you are doing then I'm sorry... I put up a server on the new beta right after DZC update + lists perfectly on there + DZL fine no drama....

Ok I cannot find my startup .bat file on my Vilayer server, anyone know where I can look for it?

You don't get direct access to it. You can add startup parameters to it via ACP.

ACP -> Server Manager -> Access Level (Advanced) -> Add Mods

• 2 weeks later...