125548 on DayZ Commander

TheHound

You guys know that this is just one of his Gits. Maybe a temp structure or whatever. You clearly see that this is not the DZC Git. The Git he is working on is maybe private.

Sure, there was no update so far, but lets be honest: There is no reason for switching right now. Gamespy is still there, all old versions are still supported by BE, most Epoch server run on a GS compatible version. All other DZ mods run only on a GS compatible version. Changing it now could cause more issues than keeping it how it is.

Yes, there will be a time when all people have to switch, but its still too early.

I also know that some people had to switch because of vilayer, but thats their fault or vilayers, but clearly not Dotjoshs.

Good luck spreading the news about the new launcher to the people. DZC got mentioned by gaming news sites, common DZ boards and communities, in video tutorials, by youtubers, etc. And as far as I know, DZE will not allow any further ads on the new launcher.

Try it on your own: google.com -> "how to install dayz", "how to install dayz epoch", "how to play dayz epoch", ...

Almost every site points you to the DZC or at least mentions it. I dont see how that will change in short terms.

Having said that, I have no opinion on if the new launcher is better or worse. Haven't tried it yet. I just think no one knows about it. I play with a group of 8 people and most of them wouldnt know or dont know about any issue with steam, beta patches, gamespy shutdown or whatever. They can start the game and join a server. That is all that matters. Players dont care as long as they can play.

The knowledge and information we have in this forum or get just by following threads is something a regular DZ player doesn't have. And we make maybe 0.5% of the DZE playerbase. I dont see how this launcher will become mainstream. Only if DZC will not receive any further update. Which is still something that has to be proven.

Our server has taken a turn for the worst updating to 1.63 to soon. we use to hit max every day and use to be in 13th - 20th place.. now i see maybe 20 players. Dotjosh has my prayers on something soon, 

Thank you Dotjosh for doing this and goodluck

You guys... its sooo funny.

Its not Dotjoshs fault that you updated and its not his fault that you didnt roll back already. Its your fucking fault! You are the reason why you lost your players.

and @Buck0: Not sure how many said that alrady, not sure how often I said that already, but there is no reason for him to update. It's just too early.

People should seriously stop complaining about the loss of players on their own server. It's something you can control yourself. It's indeed your own fault for updating. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the DayZ community use DZC (it has 1.8m downloads). As long as DZC is working for that 90% they will keep using it. In their eyes there is nothing wrong. Only we the server admins know something is not right. But they don't care they just want the easiest way to join a server and start playing, and DZC offers that for them. So either adapt to the situation or keep whining. Sooner or later all servers will be forced to update, and players will have to start using something else. But for now they can stick with DZC and they will.

PS I have haven't seen dotjosh on skype for more then a week now for all I know he's on vacation.

Game tracker stopped tracking for a while after the update to 1.63.

Now I am curious. Gametracker says you have one player(Guts) on your server right now. You say that gametrackers doesnt track the accurate number anymore? If it tracks one player on your server, why not the other ones?

Now I am curious. Gametracker says you have one player(Guts) on your server right now. You say that gametrackers doesnt track the accurate number anymore? If it tracks one player on your server, why not the other ones?

I didn't say Gametracker doesnt track the accurate numbers anymore.

After 1,63 was released, Gametracker was broken. It took a little time but they got it sorted and I was able to add my servers back on it. Each night I've seen more players on my server than I had with 1.62, an increase in the registrations on my forums and an increase in the posts on my forums. It's no MGT server, but it's a start. I've had players tell me they were looking for a new server because their old one was still on the old version, which lead them to mine.

I guess it goes both ways. Because I get people join my server saying their server dissapeared from DZC :P As long as my server is full 24/7 like it is now I got nothing to complaint. Even tho I really want to update since 112555 is a pretty bad patch

Hopefully, when Gamespy goes down,  your players will realize how amazingly simple it is to use the  Expansion option in the ARMA II menu.  Its not rocket science, I promise....lol.

I blame consoles for the problems.  Hard to find a sub-30 year old that knows their way around a PC game anymore.  They all want plug 'n play.  Gone are the exciting days of tracking down that semi-colon in the command line you forgot to put add.  Now all one hears is, "Whats a command line?"  Yet here they are playing a heavily modded PC game. Try that on with a console game..... :P

@ Kenturrac, u come across as an ignorant prick, maybe it's your grasp of English or u indeed are an ignorant prick.

many, many servers have been forced to upgrade by the provider, sure that's no fault of Dotjosh but server owners have the right to complain, suck it up.

@ Kenturrac, u come across as an ignorant prick, maybe it's your grasp of English or u indeed are an ignorant prick.

many, many servers have been forced to upgrade by the provider, sure that's no fault of Dotjosh but server owners have the right to complain, suck it up.

Prick or not, I think that is non of your business. Always exciting to meet people who forge their opinion on a few first impressions they got. And yes, I am not from the UK like you, so sorry if my English is not 100% correct. Seems like you have been the lucky one of us... or not depending on how important that is for you, me or whoever is judging here.

I would go to my provider and complain there, if I pay them to manage my server backend. Well they even can complain here if they want. Even when that became boring really fast. But you as a person who thinks that I am a ignorant prick have to admit that these people are quite ignorant by complaining about Dotjosh. That men doesnt deserve their hate. Even if he will never update the DZC.

Party time and finally put the spanners, wrenches & screwdrivers back in the toolbox sit back in chair, feet on table and just chill! 

I'm even saving a Ramon Allones Gigantes Special cigar for that very special occasion!

Maybe Dotjosh could put down the keyboard & guitar for a second and crack on!!

:D

You guys... its sooo funny.

Its not Dotjoshs fault that you updated and its not his fault that you didnt roll back already. Its your fucking fault! You are the reason why you lost your players.

and @Buck0: Not sure how many said that alrady, not sure how often I said that already, but there is no reason for him to update. It's just too early.

Actually it is. If he is taking donations, we expect him to stay up to date, or stop offering commander. I expect dayz commander to stay up to date 

with the current build at all times. Now we are dealing with almost 2 weeks after the update. I say its time to get moving.