News about 1.0.5?

VidKo

vbawol, I presume 105 will go on the latest arma version?

Is it worth us upgrading arma now while we're on 104 or, might it go pop!?

Reason for asking is I'm on 1.63.112555 with 104 and am keen to get away from the clean up issue asap...(server_functions error)

vbawol, I presume 105 will go on the latest arma version?

Is it worth us upgrading arma now while we're on 104 or, might it go pop!?

Reason for asking is I'm on 1.63.112555 with 104 and am keen to get away from the clean up issue asap...(server_functions error)

Cleanup issue has been fixed AFAIK.

The latest beta patch will need to be used at the point of gamespy shutdown (this one, not 112555), JUNE 30 is the last day of gamespy!

All players will also need to use the steam version of OA/A2 from gamespy shutdown forward, retail versions are not compatible with the Steam MP Lobby, so they are no longer supported. DO NOT WORRY! You can redeem your retail keys on steam, you will not need to purchase it again. I would advise server hosts to convert to the steam installs if you do not already have one, so you have time to work out kinks before the last minute, continue using either 112555 or earlier, however (until June 30th that is).

1.0.5 was tested to work with 1.63 124879. I will ask DotJosh if he can add this version as it seems to work well. Otherwise 1.0.5 should work on any previous build as well. 

124879 will break client compatibility with gamespy servers (all servers will need to update to 124879) I cannot even find pre-124879 servers in the in-game browser with the latest update. It's installed a bit differently, the Expansion/beta folder is not used with the steam lobby updated, instead the files in the OA root directory are changed.

Faq on Steam era of OA http://faq.bistudio.com/arma-2-operation-arrowhead#faq-203

P.s. I think that since the update will be necessary in 1 week there's no reason not to update your servers and the recommend version for Epoch/commander. I don't think commander will work with the new steam server tags.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/STEAMWORKSquery#Additional_details

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Additional_details

The usual source for most players is Dayz commander. I didn't see the new arma2 patch or the new Epoch.

That's because the new version of Epoch hasn't been added to Dayz Commander yet and I don't think you'll find the new version of Arma 2 on it. You'll need to enable automatic updating for your Arma 2 to get to the latest version (124879) then disable automatic updates again. Arma 2 updates will only be available for Steam starting with Arma 2 1.63, which is everything after 112555.

Unless they come out with a new version of DayzCommander then the latest game updates will break the server browser functionality in DZC due to it running on Steamworks and not GameSpy.

~6 days and counting till GameSpy fully shuts down.