News about 1.0.5?

VidKo

Hopefully nothing than that with 1.0.5. We have to wait for more informations. You also could try it out. Some here got steam already running. Non of them with 1.0.5. as far as I know. Cant try it out since I am still at work. Someone here who can try it out? Just update and change the reporting ip.

OK, I'm confused. I want to put this another way...

If I upgrade my server to the latest arma version and epoch 105 and when gamespy shuts down, where do players find my server? Where is the actual list of servers in steam that you can join like the current multiplayer lobby?

Sorry if I'm being daft but, I want to upgrade, have a window to do it today but, don't want to be left with my server not reported anywhere so players can't join unless they directly key in the IP address.

OK, I'm confused. I want to put this another way...

If I upgrade my server to the latest arma version and epoch 105 and when gamespy shuts down, where do players find my server? Where is the actual list of servers in steam that you can join like the current multiplayer lobby?

Sorry if I'm being daft but, I want to upgrade, have a window to do it today but, don't want to be left with my server not reported anywhere so players can't join unless they directly key in the IP address.

Steam Server Browser.

I downloaded it already via torrent, I did it on my dedi via torrent too, seeded the hive by 300Mbit for a while too  B)  :D

Unfortunately I don't have a spare dedi to leave the torrent seeding on :( :rolleyes: B) :D

Hmmm, that's what worries me. How many are seriously going to do that....

Server owners do that so you can get all your edits and scripts done and tested.

By the time it hits DZC you're done with all your edits and you swap the files over :) It will most likely his DZC later on today, never usually longer than 24hrs but it depends how busy Josh is.

The 1.63.124879 is avilable by switching your A2OA version in Steam to the beta/dev branch.

It replaces the files in your A2OA root folder, and does not require the Expansion\beta\ folder as this update is a major version update to enable compatability with Steam+Steamworks for server browsing etc.

If your using SteamCMD to update your dedi version use "+app_update 33930 -beta beta" (include the inverted comma's, -beta beta is there twice for a reason) in your commandline for SteamCMD.exe

So winmerge won't find any difference in the files, as it's not the files in \Expansion\beta\ that will have changed. :)

I havent seen this mentioned yet and sorry if im in the wrong place but how do you go about adding the server to steam server? I know you have to change the reportingIP to steam but im not sure were the address is and https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Additional_details is still showing gamespy.  Also do you have to add  steamPort = <number>; and steamQueryPort = <number>;  to your config.cfg?

If your using SteamCMD to update your dedi version use "+app_update 33930 -beta beta" (include the inverted comma's, -beta beta is there twice for a reason) in your commandline for SteamCMD.exe

Thanks for explanation, but I lost you here. 

I will dig trough new server files provided by 1.0.5 and see if they provide new batch files, this is not my strongest side, as I did not invest lots of time doing dedi server stuff.

Thanks for explanation, but I lost you here. 

I will dig trough new server files provided by 1.0.5 and see if they provide new batch files, this is not my strongest side, as I did not invest lots of time doing dedi server stuff.

Seems the batch file is the same but just need to change the location of the file : ) i guess it would look something like this: \arma2oaserver.exe instead of: Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe .  Havent tried this myself yet

Seems the batch file is the same but just need to change the location of the file : ) i guess it would look something like this: \arma2oaserver.exe instead of: Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe .  Havent tried this myself yet

Yeah what ranoko says is correct.

Well, the good thing is that now I am able to play current version and new version with few .bat file tricks. 1.0.5 for local testing and ability to still join current live server running stable beta. Nice

Hopefully dayz commander switches to steam server browser and makes it possible for people to download steam beta, otherwise currently players are scattered between different patches, not helping...

this whole "steam beta then make sure you uncheck auto update" thing is going to break shit so hard...

I'm not sure if that's meant to be sarcasm or not lol. But yah, this whole situation is confusing me atm, and I'm not very familiar with steam and updating beta patches. That being said I have a feeling there will be a lot of people who play the game that will be entirely lost on how to get onto servers.

Well, the good thing is that now I am able to play current version and new version with few .bat file tricks. 1.0.5 for local testing and ability to still join current live server running stable beta. Nice

Hopefully dayz commander switches to steam server browser and makes it possible for people to download steam beta, otherwise currently players are scattered between different patches, not helping...

I'm hoping DayZ Commander switches too.

I'm not sure if that's meant to be sarcasm or not lol. But yah, this whole situation is confusing me atm, and I'm not very familiar with steam and updating beta patches. That being said I have a feeling there will be a lot of people who play the game that will be entirely lost on how to get onto servers.

I'm hoping DayZ Commander switches too.

kind of?  The point is that it's hard enough to get everyone on the same version right now.  It's going to be even worse when we have to do the updates through steam.  

kind of?  The point is that it's hard enough to get everyone on the same version right now.  It's going to be even worse when we have to do the updates through steam.  

If everyone auto-updates there should be no problems (besides those introduced by the betas :P).

Well what people have to do is activating arma steam beta autopatching, download the patch and deactivate arma steam beta autopatching again.

Yes that sounds easy, but you know people. That will be some rough times. Try to explain to a regular Epoch gamer why they have to wait for 1.0.5. until 30 June. They will just not understand. They are not stupid, but its just a game. They want the easy way.

And I dont think that it is to easy to get the steam patch as an installer for DZC. I think people have to do the hard way via steam.

Time will tell. Dont expect an increase of player. Expect a decrease.