Recent updates to traders causes server to get stuck on authentication upon restart

DangerRuss

Question

Ive recently started helping a friend edit the traders on his new epoch server. Ive done several vehicles,weapons,items,etc. Today however, no matter what I try to add to the traders, upon a restart my server gets stuck on authentication. Im using day.st and phpmyadmin and this all seems pretty straightforward. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

10 answers to this question

Unfortunately his RPT is pretty bare. Im used to vilayer where the logs are archived. His seems to overwrite. I havent edited any sqfs only the trader_items and trader_data tables. Most of it is just copy pasting and changing classnames so im really unsure. Ive done it plenty of times but for some reason yesterday nothing was working. I tried adding as50 mags to the hero/bandit trader and also some vehicles. Is it possible there is a limit to how much i can add or what i can add to specific traders. More than mosy likely its something i did wrong but im just trying to rule out possibilities. Any ideas other than human error?

A change to config based traders would allow the traders to work a whole lot faster that is true, but take in account that the notion of "quantity" is gone completely. It depends on how you run your server, do you like items out of stock to get a real 'marketing' sense, or you don't mind if everything is in abundance?

Let's hope it helps you resolve the issue