Question adding Items to trader database

Tuhjay

Question

I can't seem to edit my database in Epoch 1.0.6.1.  I've added the correct lines into the traders_data, '8024', '[\"ItemRadio\",3]', '10', '[1,\"ItemGoldBar\",1]', '[5,\"ItemSilverBar10oz\",1]', '0', '510', 'trade_weapons'.  I followed NoxSicarius's instruction on trader editing here 

I've followed this tutorial and even added the radio to every Tools tid I could find.

tid.thumb.png.d39b33fb1931123a6091ffc819320b66.png

I noticed that the table of Trader_items no longer exists, is my database missing tables?  I've also noticed some odd things about my tables, like the parts trader for Stary doesn't seem to exist in my server_traders and that my chernarus11.sqf spawns traders that are part of other instances like Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1 who is specified as instance 17 in the server_traders.

5 answers to this question

I don't think many people use database traders anymore and 1061 by default uses config traders so editing the database will have no effect. 

Trader files are in DayZ_code. 

You will neeed to copy the files to the mission folder and change the paths accordingly to edit stuff. 

4 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

I don't think many people use database traders anymore and 1061 by default uses config traders so editing the database will have no effect. 

Trader files are in DayZ_code. 

You will neeed to copy the files to the mission folder and change the paths accordingly to edit stuff. 

This is correct. We no longer use the database for traders, but you may use the legacy traders if you wish by DZE_ConfigTrader = false

Which we do not recommend, since the legacy traders are deprecated, and no longer supported. Many of the epoch 1.0.6.1 features are disabled with the legacy trader. (it's also much easier to edit the trader configs, rather than database traders)

I found the trader files in the dayz_code.  I edited the FriendlyToolBeltsItems.hpp file in Config\CfgServerTrader\Category and added this to it

class ItemRadio {
        type = "trade_weapons";
        buy[] = {1,"ItemGoldBar"};
        sell[] = {5,"ItemSilverBar10oz"};
    };

The radio still does not show up in the trader inventory.  Are there other files that need to be edited?