Zombies in epoch

ImmortalNemesis

Open world survival mod set in the year 2035, Just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment.

​shouldn't be any zombies in Epoch

its 2 years after the mass extinction so that means no zeds right?

Made it illegal haha. Well, I don't miss zombies. If they are the same level of stupidity as in DayZ SA or Breaking Point, better not have them at all. I much much prefer the sappers, drones and cultists (those things are spooky, especially when you loot at night randomly look away behind you and see this black thing 30 meters away looking at you).

I mean, it is quite a challenge sometimes to dispatch a drone, as they always fly so high and right above your head and the scope doesn't move that far up so you have to get away from them to be able to shoot at them. Sappers, while having terrible pathfinding (or maybe it is intended don't know) are also annoying and sometimes have to empty my all 20 round mag of mk18 into it to kill it. I am terrible at headshots.

Cant, from what i read/hear BI made it illegal to put zombies into Arma 3 in general. Due to Standalone.

Where did you read that? Please don't believe everything you read on the internet.

We could add Zombies if we create them ourselves. The DML license only prevents DayZ Mod and DayZ Epoch content from being used in Arma 3. So, no using DayZ Mod Zombies in A3 but you can certainly make your own.

Keep in mind our story is more that of technology gone wrong versus a viral outbreak. The goal with A3 Epoch and our many different antagonists is to provide an unexpected threat. The reason most people want zombies is for the perceived constant threat they provide. I am confident that as we add more antagonists, environmental, and physical dangers we can find a nice balance that provides the players with a nearly constant but changing threat.

I dont need zombies, but i'd love to have something similar to zombies in dayz mod.

Being:

1) You can spot enemy presence in an area before entering it: This makes camping harder, makes looting more dangerous and promotes random pvp encounters

2) They encourage stealthy gameplay, avoid making sounds, avoid being seen by the enemy.

It doesn't need to be zombies, but something that populates the area where players are and attack the player if they are not stealthy enough = WIN

Where did you read that? Please don't believe everything you read on the internet.

We could add Zombies if we create them ourselves. The DML license only prevents DayZ Mod and DayZ Epoch content from being used in Arma 3. So, no using DayZ Mod Zombies in A3 but you can certainly make your own.

Keep in mind our story is more that of technology gone wrong versus a viral outbreak. The goal with A3 Epoch and our many different antagonists is to provide an unexpected threat. The reason most people want zombies is for the perceived constant threat they provide. I am confident that as we add more antagonists, environmental, and physical dangers we can find a nice balance that provides the players with a nearly constant but changing threat.

we dont want the Rock monster! dont waste your time with that I personally will be making the chances of him spawn 0

Whilst I am looking forward to the new antagonists I'm really hoping they're not just triggered by looting still, I would really like to see parts of the map become more dangerous, if you're going for a technology gone wrong type of feel then I think anywhere where there's power sources should be extra dangerous, power plants, HV lines and other places technology would hang about to gain charge. That would make parts of the map with lower energy signatures more valuable. Also a electrostatic meter should be added as a toolbelt item so you can detect the increased electrical activity of high energy technology activating as you move through the environment, giving you some warning of threat and your impending doom if you have one of the devices on you.

I've tried to not only work out what theme the devs are going for but in fact increase the Lore on my server. I've made a huge military complex surrounding the cloning building with patrolling AI. I've marked it on the map as Clonex Labs Military Area and put up ARMEX signs around the place as if it's a division of ARMEX. The story I've gone with is one of the few places remaining operational in the world is this military base that was a lab, making clones and other experimental creatures for military applications and they've essentially turned the whole island into their testing grounds, Dark Angel style.

we dont want the Rock monster! dont waste your time with that I personally will be making the chances of him spawn 0

I hope you are not saying "we" in this post is referring to the entire community. If that is the case, your statement is not true at all. You may not want it, and that is fine, but some people do.