Humanity Doubling - Help Needed

ReDBaroN

Question

Since 105 or 1051 (since 105 was only around for a day before 1051 came out...) I have had strange goings on with humanity.

Sometimes and for some players, not all, it randomly doubles either each time they relog or at server restart. I haven't been able to pin it down more than that. The problem last month was quite rare so, I didn't bother with it after a quick google didn't find anything. However, over the last 2-3 weeks it has developed into a more serious problem. It seems to be happening to some players, not all and the same players. It can happen 3-4 times a day for some players and has resulted in them having humanity in the +/- millions.

I have googled around again and can't see anything posted....?

I have tried the obvious and systematically turned off and on all additional scripts/changes for the last month and haven't been able to narrow it down to any of them either. We are a pretty loaded server with all the usual popular scripts: DZ Group Management, Enhanced Spawn Selection, infiSTAR, Logistics, WAI, EMS, infiSTAR SafeZones to name a few...

The server is high population and a managed virtual server so, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a dev server to test with and have to be careful with what I'm doing with the live based on the population.

Is anyone else seeing this problem at all on their server?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Hey ReDBaroN,

i have the following Mods:

Infistar AH 335 (09092014IAHAT335)

WAI (old one, not the new 2.1.4)

Zabns Take Clothes

R3F Tow and Lift

DZMS

Snap Build Pro

Zupas Plotpole Management

CKC Code Changer (only Doors)

JAEM

Welcome Credits / Suicide / Right Click Bike Deploy

Identify / Locate Vehicle

Maybe it helps,.. i think, i have 10-15 Players with the Issue, but i cant see similarities...

Regarding this current topic though I am having the same issue. I have SEVERAL players with well over 400,000 humanity because of this issue. My Epoch server has been on for about a month now so obviously this is not normal. I am currently running 1.0.5.1 with the following mods:

infiSTAR
DZGM
ESS spawn
WAI 2.1.4
PlotForLife

Snap Build

R3F Towing/Lifting

Vehicle Key Changer

FYI. I noticed after looking in the character_data table that the top player has 891,280 humanity and "Alive" is set to 1. Then right under that is the same player with "Alive" set to 0 and his humanity "was" 445,640 which exactly half of what is currently at.. Something seems to doubling their humanity once they die? Hope this gets fixed. Thanks!

OK, 335C#2 just uploaded on my server.

Have manually reset all 6 figure+ humanity back to +/- 10k.

I'll periodically query humanity scores and keep this thread updated.

12 hours on and no humanity has doubled yet.

I would strongly urge anyone who has this update from Chris to apply it asap.

However, we haven't been above 35 players between 12:30am and 12:30pm today yet. So, am still monitoring.

Will update again later.

12 hours on and no humanity has doubled yet.

I would strongly urge anyone who has this update from Chris to apply it asap.

However, we haven't been above 35 players between 12:30am and 12:30pm today yet. So, am still monitoring.

Will update again later.

The problem is that the latest Infistar has a tendency to make the traders stop working. It's intermittent but I've seen it happen on my test server and my Takistan server, so it's not a good idea to use that version.

The problem is that the latest Infistar has a tendency to make the traders stop working. It's intermittent but I've seen it happen on my test server and my Takistan server, so it's not a good idea to use that version.

Are you sure you  are tallking about 335C#2 and not 335C?

I'm still fine with the latest latest update from infiSTAR...

The last one I received was 21092014IAHAT335C which indeed does break traders and many other things.

Yes, whatever you do don't use that one.

#2 at the end of the version number is important. 335C#2 is working perfectly for me at the moment with humanity fixed. Nearly 24 hours on and we had max players on for most the evening.

Yes, whatever you do don't use that one.

#2 at the end of the version number is important. 335C#2 is working perfectly for me at the moment with humanity fixed. Nearly 24 hours on and we had max players on for most the evening.

Thanks for letting me know. I just received an update to AH335D. Trying it now. We will see how it goes.

@ReDBaroN

Did you remove the dead characters in character_data?

No. I haven't manually deleted any dead characters but do run the popular SQL to clean old dead characters at every restart:

DELETE FROM `character_data`
USING character_data, character_data AS tmpcharacter_data
WHERE NOT character_data.CharacterID=tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND character_data.CharacterID<tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND (character_data.PlayerUID=tmpcharacter_data.PlayerUID)

No. I haven't manually deleted any dead characters but do run the popular SQL to clean old dead characters at every restart:

DELETE FROM `character_data`
USING character_data, character_data AS tmpcharacter_data
WHERE NOT character_data.CharacterID=tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND character_data.CharacterID<tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND (character_data.PlayerUID=tmpcharacter_data.PlayerUID)

Cool, Thanks.

My findings are....  After you change skin and abort from game and login back the game gives you double of humanity.

Example: 2500  skin changes

5000 after join server

5000  skin changes

10000 join server again.... and keeps doubling every time you do this skin change and relog server

Using AH 335C#2

Using  f3cuk FIX and also tried without that FIX, same situation

That's way too complicated.  Just do DELETE FROM Character_DATA WHERE ALIVE = 0    Set a SQL event to run every 4 hours in conjunction with your server restarts.  Simple and it works.

hmm, no thanks! No rage quitters returning on your server then...! :)

I used to do that but, upset too many folk..too many complaints...so I prefer mine.

My findings are....  After you change skin and abort from game and login back the game gives you double of humanity.

Example: 2500  skin changes

5000 after join server

5000  skin changes

10000 join server again.... and keeps doubling every time you do this skin change and relog server

Using AH 335C#2

Using  f3cuk FIX and also tried without that FIX, same situation

nice test. I'll run it on mine too and report back.

This didn't happen to me when I just tried your test above. Also, I still haven't seen humanity double.

I'll try and find one of the players it was doubling on before and ask them to run your test and see what happens.

Just to confirm, I'm not running the fix from f3cuk as, after I loaded it, half my players couldn't join the server at all. I switched it back off with no other changes to anything and everyone could log again.

However, we are still rarely getting reports of players saying they have been rolled back after a skin change...

That's way too complicated.  Just do DELETE FROM Character_DATA WHERE ALIVE = 0    Set a SQL event to run every 4 hours in conjunction with your server restarts.  Simple and it works.

You probably don't want to delete dead characters every 4 hours. What happens if a player dies, logs off, and doesn't come back until the next day? Their humanity is reset because their character was deleted from the database.

You probably don't want to delete dead characters every 4 hours. What happens if a player dies, logs off, and doesn't come back until the next day? Their humanity is reset because their character was deleted from the database.

Exactly. Not even 4 hours. You don't want to delete all dead character at all. If someone dies and goes away for a week and if your script runs once a day he will still lose his humanity.

Best way to approach this would be making the script delete dead characters, where at least 1 one of them is alive under the same UID OR delete all dead characters but leave at least 1 for every UID.