[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Why would you only want one mission at a time? unless you run a strict pve server with no bandits, and if that's the case just comment this line out like the other one

//if((_currTime - _b_startTime >= _b_missionTime) && (!b_missionrunning)) then { _result = 2; };

On the contrary. I'm trying to bring everybody together to get the most player vs player conflicts. It's much likelier to happen if there's 1 mission instead of multiple ones.

I look at it the same way as Rocu.  I already have 2 DZMS missions that are easier on my server at all times.  I use WAI for large missions with much better loot.  This creates great PVP battles with only 1 WAI mission at a time.  I'd love to see a config option to toggle simultaneous WAI missions on/off.

if((isPlayer _x) >
21:29:32   Error position: <_killpercent) then {
{
if((isPlayer _x) >
21:29:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _killpercent
21:29:32 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\mission_winorfail.sqf, line 59
21:29:33 Error in expression <sion_data select _mission) select 0) <= _killpercent) then {
{
if((isPlayer _x) >
21:29:33   Error position: <_killpercent) then {

error spam

Also I've had a couple of mission spawn without a marker, which is really weird.

The special mission spawned, the hero mission spawned but not this one, there was also a bandit base one that did the same thing before restart, the AI, crate, vehicles and buildings spawned but no marker, but a few minutes later the marker appeared.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34097131335469293/C6CD790D95B9ED498D6C9A1C3335701CBCFC34E5/

And as soon as I alt tabbed back into game the marker came up for it, which was the Ural Attack.

Had a third instance of a mission spawning then the marker spawning up to a few minutes after it, makes the area very dangerous for players.

That's the other thing, there's already a bandit and hero mission present on the map, yet it's spawned all the AI and stuff for another mission but with no marker.

I do have the special missions activated and I have two special missions running on a 50/50 chance. Not sure if that's effecting it but this started happening around the same time i activated the special missions.

Why the is there no way to adjust amounts of loot in missions? Some missions only have 2 AI and ridiculous amounts of loot. Going to use DZMS.

Wow, knee jerk reaction.

If you searched the thread rather than being a panicking douche you'd see you can alter it here in each mission file:

if(_complete) then {   [_crate,0,0,25,2] call dynamic_crate;   };

Or from the lead developer....

Sorry cannot answer all of your questions right now. I'll make sure i'll get to them later.

--

About the dynamic crate. The way this works is pretty straight forward.

[

_crate,

[16,ai_wep_sniper], // WEAPONS DEFAULT ai_wep_random | can be either a fixed number OR [number,ARRAY] where the the chosen ARRAY should consist of ["WEAPONCLASS", "AMMOCLASS"] e.g. [["M16A4_ACG","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],["Sa58V_RCO_EP1","30Rnd_762x39_AK47"]]

[8,crate_tools_sniper], // TOOLS DEFAULT crate_tools | can be either a fixed number OR [number,ARRAY] where the chosen ARRAY must contain tools

[3,crate_items_high_value], // ITEMS DEFAULT crate_items | can be either a fixed number OR [number,ARRAY] where the chosen ARRAY must contain items

[4,crate_backpacks_large] // ITEMS DEFAULT crate_backpacks_all | can be either a fixed number OR [number,ARRAY] where the chosen ARRAY must contain backpacks

] call dynamic_crate;Furthermore you always need to define all of them, meaning use 0 if you don't want any of those kind of items to spawn. Also remember that the number is a maximum number and the actual number of items put inside the crate is a randomly picked rounded one between 51% - 100% of the number you put in.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Ok, so.. I was already using this system, but i didn't upgrade this for some time.

Now i'm with the last version.. but the AI seems to be a little "silly"..

I tried to change a lot of configs but they still have the (almost) same behavior.

Just to say, i'm only using static spawn (no AI mission - It's a origins sector B system).

Befor the upgrade, the AI like a patrol, walking from point to point and when they had the comunication, they started to run in the player direction.

Now, the AI i have just stand still, looking for the player direction, but don't move (or just move a couple of meters).

What's the config i need to change to make them have a more agressive behavior?

Yah, lol not panicking doucher, but thanks for the reply  :wub:

Learn how to talk to people, maybe that's why you have nobody on your TS or in your server.

Sorry man, your post just seemed very whingy, kinda like "oh this system doesn't work exactly how I want it I'm going to go use another one :cry: "

And if you checked my TS when you made that post it was like midnight on a wednesday night here in Aus, of course there's almost nobody on....

It's ok I forgive you  :wub:

Also this script used to be quite simple to edit whats in the mission boxes. But as usual, the whole "reinventing the wheel" issue rises. System wasnt broke, they made it better in some ways and fucked it up in some ways in my opinion. If I want to cry I can cry all I want, your not gonna do shit about it. Going public with something, your going to get feedback. 

Now my opinion on this new release: I think its awesome, love how interactive the missions are. My server population absolutely loves the missions. Having dual missions is also badass. 

This issue I have: You used to be able to just go into any of the missions and edit the difficulty of the AI and the loot that spawns. Keep everything you got going now but just change it back to that way it was before with the ease of editing each mission.

Thanks for your hard work! 

You can still edit the difficulty of the Ai in each mission, just have to find where it is in each line, it's in a different spot between the groups, vehicles and para spawns, you can find the descriptions in the mission example or the default static spawn file. I'd post it here for you but I'm on my phone on the train on the way to work.

Also there's nobody on my TS right now because it's freaking 6am on a Thursday, try to maybe realise there are people in other places on the planet than the US, in fact more than 90% of the world's population is in time zones outside the US.

Saltzman, I can't help but feel that your trolling this thread and not trying to add anything beneficial at all. Posting that your just going to use DZMS because WAI is to hard to configure IN a WAI release thread sounds like your trying to pick a fight.

Constructive feedback is great but your not offering that, your complaining about something that is very easy to edit and is in the config. If you want to change the loot that spawns, change it there. There's an entire code block for dynamic crate spawns that you can change to your hearts content.

The way the difficulty of the AI is set has not changed as far as I can tell?

Like I said a few posts ago now. Most people will learn how to use this system and adjust it to their needs or make the necessary edits to roll back to the old loot boxes.

Many posts are available that explain the dynamic loot. I even go as far as to sharing code to make them even more dynamic. In that I try to explain it a little too.

wai_special_missions		= [
				    ["taviana_terrorism_hq",100],
				];
if(isServer) then {

private 		["_complete","_baserunover","_mission","_directions","_position","_crate","_crate_type","_num"];

_positionarray = [[10359.9,18800.8,0],[8067.14,20217.8,0],[12164.7,14918.7,0],[14862.8,18162.9,0],[15216.5,14334.3,0],[13062.2,12323.5,0],[15825.6,9983.64,0],[15945.7,8292.88,0],
	[17360.8,5304.88,0],[17115.4,7124.25,0],[13878.3,11905.5,0],[4977.98,8124.87,0],[7359.7,7820.3,0],[9241.99,5137.04,0],[10394.9,6613.74,0],[4450.31,6425.48,0],[9441.69,2077.87,0],
	[6919.67,9803.3,0],[10169.2,18354.1,0],[16806.5,6102.4,0],[3972.68,7885.31,0],[3961.61,6772.35,0],[1773.04,6853.71,0],[10678.9,1754.48,0],[9858.66,3293.17,0],[10343.7,5953.49,0],
	[6090.76,9927.22,0],[6432.2,7091.54,0],[8615.2,21024.1,0],[10226.6,19366.2,0],[12972.1,17161,0],[13323.3,12780.7,0],[17549.9,5432.6,0],[17994,6520.15,0],[16899.1,8046.51,0],
	[16586.9,11510.8,0],[13175.7,10064,0],[13494.1,13850.3,0],[12678.3,12945.3,0],[16155.6,14656.5,0]];
	_position = _positionarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

// Initialise the mission variable with the following options, [position, difficulty, mission name, mission type (MainHero/Mainbandit), minefield (true or false)] call mission_init;
	_mission 		= [_position,"ColorPink","Taviana Terrorism HQ","Special",true] call mission_init;

diag_log 		format["WAI: Mission Taviana Terrorism HQ started at %1",_position];

//Setup the crate
	_crate_type 	= crates_large call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_crate 			= createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// Crate Spawn Example
	[_crate,16,[15,crate_tools_sniper],[5,crate_items_high_value],[4,crate_backpacks_large],[4,crate_items_chainbullets]] call dynamic_crate;

// Create some Buildings
	_baserunover 	= createVehicle ["Land_A_Villa_EP1",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_baserunover 	setVectorUp surfaceNormal position _baserunover;

// Group Spawn Examples
	[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],6,"Hard","Random",5,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],10,"Hard","Random",5,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],5,"Extreme","[Random,at]",5,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],10,"Hard","Random",5,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

// Humvee Patrol Example
	[[(_position select 0) + 100, _position select 1, 0],[(_position select 0) + 100, _position select 1, 0],100,4,"HMMWV_Armored","Hard","Bandit","Bandit",_mission] call vehicle_patrol;

// Static Turret Examples

[[
		[(_position select 0) - 15, (_position select 1) + 15, 8],
		[(_position select 0) + 15, (_position select 1) - 15, 8]
	],"M2StaticMG","Hard","Bandit","Bandit",1,2,"Random","Random",_mission] call spawn_static;

// Heli Paradrop Example
	[[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0],[0,0,0],800,"UH60M_EP1_DZE",6,"hard","Random",4,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",false,_mission] spawn heli_para;
	[[(_position select 0) + 50,(_position select 1),0],[50,50,0],800,"UH60M_EP1_DZE",6,"hard","Random",4,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",true,_mission] spawn heli_para;
	[[(_position select 0) + 100,(_position select 1),0],[100,0,0],800,"UH60M_EP1_DZE",6,"hard","Random",4,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",false,_mission] spawn heli_para;
	[[(_position select 0) + 150,(_position select 1),0],[100,0,0],800,"UH60M_EP1_DZE",6,"hard","Random",4,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",true,_mission] spawn heli_para;

// Mission objective options and messages
	[
		[_mission,_crate],	// mission variable (from line 9) and crate
		["crate"], 			// Mission objective type (["crate"], or ["kill",wai_kill_percent], or ["assassinate", _assassinate])
		[_baserunover], 	// buildings to cleanup after mission is complete, does not include the crate
		"Taviana Terrorism HQ has been astablished, Save Taviana and wipe them out!",	// mission announcement
		"Taviana Terrorism HQ has been annihilated, Taviana is saved",			// mission success
		"Taviana Terrorism HQ with stood the Hero assault, Taviana is still under threat!"	// mission fail
	] call mission_winorfail;

// End of mission
	diag_log format["WAI: Mission Taviana Terrorism HQ ended at %1 ended",_position];

h_missionrunning = false;
};

hey their I am tring to make a mission for the special mission this is what I have, and the file name is taviana_terrorism_hq.sqf oh and I forgot to mention that the file was called Taviana_Terrorism_HQ.sqf but I got this in my .rpt file so I changed the name to lower case but still no luck.

Error in expression <ions        = [

["Taviana_Terrorism_HQ",100],

];

Edited by wizznall

wai_special_missions		= [
				    ["taviana_terrorism_hq",100],
				];

The comma at the end shouldn't be there.

wai_special_missions        = [
                 ["taviana_terrorism_hq",100]
                ];

Also unless you have edited dynamic_crate.sqf you have to many elements in your crate call. You have 5 there should only be 4.

Also move

_crate = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

Just above

// End of mission

--

@Corper: Couple of things you can do.

1. Add more AI
  2. Add (more) static guns
  3. Add (more) vehicle patrols
  4. Set AI to higher difficulty levels
  5. You could change ai_hero_combatmode and ai_bandit_combatmode to "RED". This should make AI hunt down their targets. But please note we had unexpected behaviour with this during testing which is why it's not in by default.

--

Update on progress

Wanted to give you guys an update on progress which has slowed down considerably. This is due to the fact that I have been mainly focussing on some other mods (for our server) and Jossy has been pre-occupied aswell.

f3cuk

Do you please want to remake the loot of missions? Now in ikea missions you get default 50 cinders etc, and i would like to see that it all gets a random number of spawn chance so like between 40-60 cinders and that for all stuff like 10-30 tanktraps etc but this for all missions, this would make it soo much better!  ^_^

Wanted to let you know, Wicked AI is getting great comments from the players on my server.

Ran into a problem yesterday with missions spawning in the same spot as the previous mission. I had enabled the special missions. I am going to disable them on my next reboot and see if that removes the problem.

Great job so far guys!