[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Hello guys,

We have updated to the newest version (2.1.4) on our server and the missions seem to work initially, but after the first two (one hero and one bandit) are cleared (and marked as cleared and show cleared in the RPT) it looks like WAI stops working altogether: no AI counts from ai_monitor and no more missions spawn for 2+ hours after mission clearing.

No errors relating to any of the WAI files show up anywhere in the RPT.

I checked the mission_winorfail.sqf and it seems to be identical to the current posted version.  All configs appear to be default (timer 5-10 mins, wai_mission_system = true, etc).

Any pointers on what I might look for or where I can add some report verbosity?

Does anyone else get a drop in FPS when adding this? I used this and the feedback was great, players loved it but we also got a few complaints of a drop in FPS. I have re installed the old version of WAI and it seems to of increased again.

AI is very resource intensive, running multiple missions at the same time with highly skilled AI will put strain on a server. The original Wicked AI did not have multi mission support and thus load generated by that should be less. There's a few things you can do to counter this.

1. MAKE SURE YOUR SERVER IS RUNNING WITHOUT ANY RECURRING ERRORS

Often things like FPS drops are caused by badly configured scripts that loop errors, make sure your server and client rpt are free of these.

2. Set behaviour and combatmode to less intense settings, this will make them less difficult and act different but the lowered skill settings should also lower server strain. (See SetCombatMode and SetBehaviour)
  3. Lower the amount of AI spawned and counter the decreased difficulty by setting higher skill levels or adding (more) static guns

If these don't help you might want to change the script to only spawn one mission at the time again.

Hello guys,

We have updated to the newest version (2.1.4) on our server and the missions seem to work initially, but after the first two (one hero and one bandit) are cleared (and marked as cleared and show cleared in the RPT) it looks like WAI stops working altogether: no AI counts from ai_monitor and no more missions spawn for 2+ hours after mission clearing.

No errors relating to any of the WAI files show up anywhere in the RPT.

I checked the mission_winorfail.sqf and it seems to be identical to the current posted version.  All configs appear to be default (timer 5-10 mins, wai_mission_system = true, etc).

Any pointers on what I might look for or where I can add some report verbosity?

Most likely your server fps is too low for new missions to spawn. Please run #monitor 5 when logged in as an admin to check your server FPS. (or add these lines to init.sqf to generate debug fps info)

DZE_DiagFpsSlow             = true;
DZE_DiagVerbose             = true;

Most likely your server fps is too low for new missions to spawn. Please run #monitor 5 when logged in as an admin to check your server FPS. (or add these lines to init.sqf to generate debug fps info)
DZE_DiagFpsSlow             = true;
DZE_DiagVerbose             = true;

I will try this, thanks.

Hey f3cuk I'm trying to adjust the amount of mags the AI spawn with because I have added the possibility to AI spawning with launchers like this:

ai_wep_launcher				= [
		["Javelin","Javelin"],
		["Stinger","Stinger"],
		["RPG7V","PG7V"],
		["Strela","Strela"],
		["Igla","Igla"],
		["MetisLauncher","AT13"],
		["RPG18","RPG18"],
		["SMAW","SMAW_HEAA"],
		["BAF_NLAW_Launcher","NLAW"],
		["M47Launcher_EP1","Dragon_EP1"],
		["MAAWS","MAAWS_HEAT"],
		["Vil_RPG16","Vil_PGO_PG16"],
		["Vil_RPG7V_PGO","Vil_PGO_PG7VL"],
		["Vil_RPG7d_PGO","Vil_PGOd_PG7VL"],
		["Vil_RPG29","Vil_PG29_HEAT"],
		["Vil_RPO_A","Vil_SHMEL_FTW"],
		["vilas_rpg22","vil_RPG22"],
		["vilas_rpg26","vil_RPG26"],
		["vil_CG84T","Vil_CG_HEAT"],
		["vil_Panzerfaust3","Vil_PZF3_S_HEAT"],
		["M136","M136"]
		];

and set the ai loadout to this:

ai_wep_random				= [ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_launcher,ai_wep_sniper,ai_wep_sniper,ai_wep_sniper,ai_wep_machine,ai_wep_machine,ai_wep_machine,ai_wep_machine];

so that there are fewer of these in each group. 

However, the AI that have a launcher spawn with 4 rockets each and this is messing up the economy on the server since launchers and ammo are added into traders. The server is fully militarized so I don't want them to be taken out I would just like to change the ammo to like 2 or so. I couldnt get the default launcher system to work so that's why I've added them this way.

Im about to "convert" the old wai to this new improved wai (love what i have seen so far), but i cant figure out the static spawn (the old custom spawn).

What file/files are connected to static_missions = true function?

What file/files are connected to custom_per_world = true function?

if i set custom_per_world to true, and have a file for each map i play on, would that do it?

bump

Hi, 

This question was asked in a previous post with no response, so I am re-asking the question:

Is there any way to set the amount of humanity a player requires in order for hero/bandit missions to be friendly respectively? 

We feel that 5000hum/-5000hum is too little for newbie heros/bandits to simply walk in an help themselves. 

We would like the humanity to be for example 20000/-2000 before heros at hero missions are friendly - same would go for bandits at bandit missions.

@Munkeskov

'What file/files are connected to static_missions = true function?'

If this flag is set to true then it seems the file \z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\static\init.sqf is loaded. The check line is in the main init.sqf.

'What file/files are connected to custom_per_world = true function?'

If this flag is set to true then it seems you can create a custom file eg. tavi.sqf and add it too \z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\static\..

Add the custom file name to the \z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\static\init.sqf in the 'if(condition)then{ --here-- }' part of the loop.

Then you have set up a custom install file. 

You can copy your code from your old file to this new file making any necessary changes to the arrays that are used to call the compiles ( new edits have been made to spawn_group.sqf , etc,  eg. skill name changes), and it should load ok.

'if i set custom_per_world to true, and have a file for each map i play on, would that do it?'

That is how it appears to work, you can create a file for each map and store your custom ai spawns there, and call it from the \static\init.sqf.

On another side note, for those who are running DZMS with WAI new version, some may see that in the rpt log the DZMS check for Relations no longer functions correctly.

This appears to be because the name of the variable in WAI used by DZMS to check if WAI is running has been changed from "WAIconfigloaded" to "configloaded".

To reset this, change the variable name to "configloaded" for the WAI check in DZMSInit.sqf, about line 53. This should re-enable the check.

Hey f3cuk I'm trying to adjust the amount of mags the AI spawn with because I have added the possibility to AI spawning with launchers like this:

ai_wep_launcher				= [
		["Javelin","Javelin"],
		["Stinger","Stinger"],
		["RPG7V","PG7V"],
		["Strela","Strela"],
		["Igla","Igla"],
		["MetisLauncher","AT13"],
		["RPG18","RPG18"],
		["SMAW","SMAW_HEAA"],
		["BAF_NLAW_Launcher","NLAW"],
		["M47Launcher_EP1","Dragon_EP1"],
		["MAAWS","MAAWS_HEAT"],
		["Vil_RPG16","Vil_PGO_PG16"],
		["Vil_RPG7V_PGO","Vil_PGO_PG7VL"],
		["Vil_RPG7d_PGO","Vil_PGOd_PG7VL"],
		["Vil_RPG29","Vil_PG29_HEAT"],
		["Vil_RPO_A","Vil_SHMEL_FTW"],
		["vilas_rpg22","vil_RPG22"],
		["vilas_rpg26","vil_RPG26"],
		["vil_CG84T","Vil_CG_HEAT"],
		["vil_Panzerfaust3","Vil_PZF3_S_HEAT"],
		["M136","M136"]
		];

and set the ai loadout to this:

ai_wep_random				= [ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_assault,ai_wep_launcher,ai_wep_sniper,ai_wep_sniper,ai_wep_sniper,ai_wep_machine,ai_wep_machine,ai_wep_machine,ai_wep_machine];

so that there are fewer of these in each group. 

However, the AI that have a launcher spawn with 4 rockets each and this is messing up the economy on the server since launchers and ammo are added into traders. The server is fully militarized so I don't want them to be taken out I would just like to change the ammo to like 2 or so. I couldnt get the default launcher system to work so that's why I've added them this way.

The magazine count is set in the mission (or static) file. The format is :

// Group Spawn Examples
	// Parameters:	0: Position
	//				1: Unit Count
	//				2: Unit Skill ("easy","medium","hard","extreme" or "random")
	//				3: Guns (gun or [gun,launcher])
	//					Guns options	: (0 = ai_wep_assault, 1 = ai_wep_machine, 2 = ai_wep_sniper, "random" = random weapon, "Unarmed" = no weapon)
	//					Launcher options: (at = ai_wep_launchers_AT, aa = ai_wep_launchers_AA or "classname")
	//				4: Magazine Count
	//				5: Backpack ("random" or "classname")
	//				6: Skin ("Hero","bandit","random","special" or "classname")
	//				7: Gear (0:ai_gear0, 1:ai_gear1, 2:ai_gear2, 3:ai_gear3, 4:ai_gear4 or "random")
	//				8: AI Type ("bandit","Hero","special" or ["type", #] format to overwrite default gain amount) ***Used to determine humanity gain or loss***
	//				9: Mission variable from line 9 (_mission)

So you will see them in the mission file like:

[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],4,"hard","random",4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

You want to change the 4 just after the first "random".

Got this installed fine, but how do stop the missions appearing in unplayable areas of the terrain? I'm running miroslavl and the missions always spawn in debug areas.

Thanks.

Im not in my server now, but there is a comfig file with so,ething like: blacklist=[0,0,0]

This is where you shoulde put the coords of the places you DONT want the missons to spawn. Like i said, im not in the server, so i may be wrong, but you will find it, its self explanatory =D if you don't find it, let me know and ill try to help you later

Thanks Hell, i did try that but i couldnt quite work out what the co-ords were actually doing.. any help would be very appreciated though !

Its in the config file, by default there is 3 coords.. [12.345, 54.321, 0.001] each of these values represents X, Y and Z. And you can use a combination of more than 1 location.

Blacklist = [ [X, Y, Z], [X, Y, Z], [X, Y, Z]];

To get the coords i usually gonto the arma2 editor, place an unit where i want to get the location, save it, then go to your user folder (in your C:, or whatever your disk is), then to the documents folder, arma 2 oa, profile (or other profiles), missions and you should see a sqf file with the name you saved your mission in the editor. Open it. Inside it you will find a block of code, in some of these lines you will see the coords =D or just look for it on youtube, there must be a lot of tutorials =)

I'm having an issue where some of the missions do not complete once all the AI are dead and a player runs up on the box. I have the minefield option turned on as well. Anyone else run into this problem? It's becoming more frequent.

This has been happening to us as well. I've tried using every method I can but they just won't clear. It's starting to frustrate players who don't get any loot when this happens. Also seen a few times where the mission competes successfully but the crate remains empty.

has anyone heard of boxes going up in the air as players go to them?

here is one of the script

_vehicle_106 = objNull;

if (true) then
{
 _this = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox", [4071.9851, 8610.6514, -3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
 _vehicle_106 = _this;
 _this setDir 20;
          _this setVariable ["permaLoot",true];

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _this;
 clearMagazineCargoGlobal _this;

_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemBriefcase100oz",16];
 _this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemVault",7];
 _this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Skin_Graves_Light_DZ",2];
 _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemGPS",5];
 _this addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Binocular_Vector",10];
 _this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Skin_CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ",4];

};

About the missions not despawning, please switch on debug mode and provide us with a server rpt log and your config file.

--

@Thug: That is not Wicked AI code but i see you are trying to spawn a box inside the ground, that might be why it is glitching.

Hi, 

This question was asked in a previous post with no response, so I am re-asking the question:

Is there any way to set the amount of humanity a player requires in order for hero/bandit missions to be friendly respectively? 

We feel that 5000hum/-5000hum is too little for newbie heros/bandits to simply walk in an help themselves. 

We would like the humanity to be for example 20000/-2000 before heros at hero missions are friendly - same would go for bandits at bandit missions.

There might be a way but it's not easy and we are not planning on pursuing this with Wicked AI.