Sometimes character stops updating after skin change

f3cuk

Question

Since updating to 1051 several people have been complaining that sometimes their character seemed to go back in time after they had logged in. Untill today I couldn't pinpoint what was happening but now i think i found it. Sometimes when a player changes skin, his or her character stops updating from that point on. Resulting in progress loss when they logout and log back in, even simply going in and out the lobby will "reset" their character to the state they were in just before they changed clothes.

One user even reported that he died » ragequit » after logging back in a few hours later, was alive and had most of his gear back. He asked me if i did a rollback on the database, which we did not. It did not make sense to me but now i'm figuring he had probably just changed skins before and got reset to that.

Could anyone confirm this issue? Or did i mess it up all by myself :P

Hi f3cuk, I have just loaded up your changes from a few pages back (post ) and as someone said before, if you put a partially used ammo magazine in your back pack and then change clothes, the problem seems to persist for me.

Some items lost in backpack; a weapon, a keymakers kit (so another weapon) and the partially used clip. Other items remain in there Your humanity sets to 0 on any debug monitor in game, even though the correct humanity is still shown against the character in the database and your progress stops saving beyond that point until you relog where you are warped back.

Do you get the same if you place a partially used ammo clip in your backpack and change clothes? 

Well i just tried this duping glitch on our server and it didn't work. Guess the updates i did to switchmodel / wearclothes / humanitymorph files fixed that one. On another note, we haven't experienced this issue anymore since i last posted in this thread. Completely fixed, no need to drop your backpack when changing clothes.

Where can I find the completely bugfixed? :D