[All In One] Overpoch stuff

I cant set @Dayz_Overwatch as first launch parameters. Only if i choose as mod overwatch instead of Epoch.

C:\SERVICES\ni410589_1\dayz\arma2oaserver.exe
arma2oaserver.exe     -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -noSound -ip=5.101.163.199 -port=2302 -config=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus\server_config.cfg -cfg=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus -name=Bliss -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@DayzOverwatch;

Is that ok?

I am a noob at MySql, But how do I insert the trader data?

It's easy. Use the login details provided by your host / localhost and login with those details by using a programm that can connect to a MySQL database. So, in example: HeidiSQL, NaviCat, phpMyAdmin (web). 

About the config traders, there is a topic made by xBowBii which explains a lot about them. How to install, configure etc. 

I cant set @Dayz_Overwatch as first launch parameters. Only if i choose as mod overwatch instead of Epoch.

C:\SERVICES\ni410589_1\dayz\arma2oaserver.exe
arma2oaserver.exe     -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -noSound -ip=5.101.163.199 -port=2302 -config=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus\server_config.cfg -cfg=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus -name=Bliss -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@DayzOverwatch;

Is that ok?

It's not the best way to do it, but when I hosted a server, I did the same since the host didn't allow me changing the server parameters (except additional, which adds them at the end). But, it worked fine for me. So, you should good to go.

When I added the custom Overpoch loot (weapons and ammo) it seems to have replaced the normal Epoch/Dayz loot.

Is there a way to have all loot (Epoch & Overpoch) spawn?

Thanks.

Try adjusting the loot percentages. In example: Put the percentage of the epoch weapons higher than the overwatch weapons.

Can someone please help me out? I'm having the worst time right now. We updated our server and ever since it no longer shows up on any of the launchers. Our host has completely reinstalled our service twice now and nothing will work. We have a temporary work around and I decided to start getting some of the script work out of the way instead of sitting around doing nothing. I can't find anything about changing the server's startup parameters. What file am I looking for and where is it usually located? Everything else I have down except for this. I've been tearing apart my files but just can't figure out what I'm supposed to be looking for. We use Vert as a host, by the way. 

Does anyone know how to get the Epoch weapons to spawn along with the custom overpoch weapons?

After installing the Overpoch custom weapons spawn, I only find those weapons & ammo. I'd like to get the old epoch weapons & ammo back in the loot spawns...

You will need to add them to the loot tables you added in your mission file (like CfgBuildingLoot.hpp) inside those files you set (1) The item which spawns (like "SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD") and (2) The percentage chance that the item will spawn (1.0 = 100%; 0.5 = 50% and so on). So the actual entry would be like: {"SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD",0.5}, (MK17 CCO SC with a 50% spawn chance)

Ensure you edit the correct loot tables as they deal with different things (one was for buildings, one was for zombies, and I cannot remember the other).

^ That method is time consuming but allows complete control over what spawns when. There is also an alternative whereby you can grab the loot spawns from the epoch server files/client files and merge them with your current tables. This is probably far quicker and will give you all of the epoch stuff. The problem with this is (1) I do not know where to find the files but they are around (run a search for the buildingloot.hpp and you should find it I reckon and (2) You may find weird combinations of epoch and overwatch loot spawning and will have to manually fine tune either way (Not sure but it may happen).

Either way one of the two methods should suit your purpose. I hope they help. If you still get stuck let us know in the thread and someone (or myself) will help you.

EDIT: My above post is quite brief so if it comes across as confusing or loses you anywhere just let me know, I am more than happy to elaborate but I just woke up and need my coffee :D

Thanks for the reply.

I'll look into what you advise.

Is there a list that you know of that has all the epoch weapons and ammo?

Also I'm curious, do most overpoch servers just have overwatch weapons spawns? It seemed odd to me that these custom loot files would only have overwatch weapons and completely override the old spawns...

Thanks again.

Well off the top of my head look at @Dayz_Epoch\addons\dayz_epoch_b\CfgServerTrader\Category and there are lots of hpp files there that will have a lot of the epoch weapons in there. Ideally you can search the code and find the cfgloot.sqf etc files in the actual epoch code which would dictate what can actually spawn.

Most overwatch servers use the resources that other people have made, most of which simply adds overwatch weapons in place of the epoch ones. (from what I have gathered). I am not aware of any pure "hybrid" between the two :(

you can also check the SQL file that comes with the epoch server files, it sets out all of the guns that the traders trade with, which should be 99% of the guns you can get in vanilla epoch. Then you take that data and add them to the loot overrides.

Not the perfect solution but it gets the job done

Yeah I've looked at RPT but don't see anything relating to zed.  I see my WAI missions spam a lot of shit but that seems to be it.

Maybe it is sahrani.. How can I access the original loot files for a particular map and edit those?  I'll look into that, but if you know off the top of your head, throw it out there. :)

Thanks for the help

Hey,

I wonder if someone can help me, weird problem has occured.

I got this all working last night, i could see alot of overpoch weapons spawn, but when i woke up today, went on the server and checked the loot, i couldn't find any overpoch weapons at all, anyone have any idea what could be wrong? (My server restarts every 3 hours, so it made a few restarts while i was gone) if that's any useful information to anyone :)

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I've looked at RPT but don't see anything relating to zed.  I see my WAI missions spam a lot of shit but that seems to be it.

Maybe it is sahrani.. How can I access the original loot files for a particular map and edit those?  I'll look into that, but if you know off the top of your head, throw it out there. :)

Thanks for the help

Shit, just saw your comment. I'll write you a PM tomorrow when I'm on my PC. Sorry.

Hey,

I wonder if someone can help me, weird problem has occured.

I got this all working last night, i could see alot of overpoch weapons spawn, but when i woke up today, went on the server and checked the loot, i couldn't find any overpoch weapons at all, anyone have any idea what could be wrong? (My server restarts every 3 hours, so it made a few restarts while i was gone) if that's any useful information to anyone :)

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, that sounds really strange. Are you sure the server didn't rollback or something that could have deleted/edit the files. I'm unsure about this one. Sorry.

As far as I know, tasers aren't working on any servers. Something with handlers. Unban the jetski's etc by geting the dayz_anim.pbo out of your @DayzOverwatch folder. Unpack the pbo and open the cfgBanned folder and open CfgVehicles. Comment the vehicles that u want to unban out an upload the new dayz_anim.pbo to ur server (delete old one) and than disable 'verify signatures' in your config.cfg. I'm sorry for the lack of information. Currently I'm writing this usin my cellphone, so there could be a typo somewhere.

Taser's Work Fine on my server

Like a gun it needs ammo i thought it needed batteries turns out the ammo is "X26 Cartridge" For the x26 Taser Reload and shoot 

Shit, just saw your comment. I'll write you a PM tomorrow when I'm on my PC. Sorry.

Hmm, that sounds really strange. Are you sure the server didn't rollback or something that could have deleted/edit the files. I'm unsure about this one. Sorry.

Indeed very strange! To be honest i don't know if it might have rollback, but everything else works as it should, except the spawn, infact, no spawns at all now.. some medical supplies and epoch weapons spawns tho, but not overpoch stuff.

Thanks anyway, hope someone can help me out with this:)

So I didn't set up my overpoch server, (My host had preset stuff.) but when I use the custom vault object animation I'll often get stuck running forward with no inputs working. (Have to get in a vehicle to stop it.) Anyone know how to fix this or even just turn the animation off because I'm not a fan anyways.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know how to get the Epoch weapons to spawn along with the custom overpoch weapons?

After installing the Overpoch custom weapons spawn, I only find those weapons & ammo. I'd like to get the old epoch weapons & ammo back in the loot spawns...

I run a Epoch server and im trying to bring things from Overpoch to my server is this possible????