125548 on DayZ Commander

TheHound

All servers running 1.63, my test server appeared almost immediately after starting it up and joining it. Plus I highly doubt 1,000 servers registered with him individually. Also I'm pretty sure these programs just use the list generated by the reporting IPs in our config.cfg files.

112555 is 1.63. Those servers aren't showing up in dzl....

My test server shows fine in the ingame MP menu and on Steam server browser, just not on DZL. My servers ip is probably blocked lel.

Hi MGT, what ports do you have in your cfg to show up in steam server browser?

Whenever I set mine to 2300 & 2301 they very strangely seem to change themselves to something else like 2333 & 0!!

Hi MGT, what ports do you have in your cfg to show up in steam server browser?

Whenever I set mine to 2300 & 2301 they very strangely seem to change themselves to something else like 2333 & 0!!

Dev server is on port 3333, steamport = 3331, steamqueryport = 3332;

You have to enter the steamqueryport port into the Steam server viewer to get it to display

Hey guys, I hear a lot of talk about maca's launcher. What is the best one currently out? I know there are a good 8 or more out there right now and I am jumping ship on commander entirely. I just want the best one for now; I don't mind installing a different one down the line (I have no idea why people refuse to do that).

Yeah have to agree with ^. Have been using Dayz Launcher for about a week now and have to say the latest 0.0.0.5 release is pretty good :) Happy with the level of commitment the dev has been putting in fixing the issues and sorting new features.

If what TheHound says is true (can a mod / admin confirm?) then someone should definitely start a [Release] thread, let's move on.

My test server shows fine in the ingame MP menu and on Steam server browser, just not on DZL. My servers ip is probably blocked lel.

I can see your dev server in dzl.....?

[MGT] DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1/125548 DEV

188.165.250.119:3333 | DayZ Epoch(1.0.5.1)

So, the consensus is wait for Dayz Commander? While maca's launcher is great, try explaining to the average player why his trusty commander isn't the way to go. Is there any real point in updating to steam patch at this exact moment? Is there a set date on when battle eye stops supporting 112555? 

Yes Dayz Commander seems to be dead to me.       Dayzlauncher.com is a nice interface and has many listings of converted to steam servers with the new version.  Easy way to launch different types so looks like the future of the mod.

As diehards know the Arma 2 DayZ Mod options of Epoch, Overwatch and Origin and continued addons being created is the core of Dayz.  Some cling to the hope the SA will eventually work or that some type of Arma3 will dazzle but the reality is the original community and players that stick will go down this path.

Maca is dedicated and he responds to issues and this just might be the one ingredient to keep hope alive.   Dayz Commander without a conduit to let the fans know whats going on is a big downer.    He coodah bin a contendah..............

Donate to dayzlauncher.com or add your help as this is something that could be the wind beneath our wings

A case of beans for Maca !!

When I click on the Steam Update, the only option is "Stable Branch". Stupid question but how do I check what version my Vilayer server is currently using? When my players try to connect they get "Session lost". I didn't even do anything to the server, just stopped working after its regular restart. It doesn't display on Gametracker anymore either... Anyone please!

Dev server is on port 3333, steamport = 3331, steamqueryport = 3332;

You have to enter the steamqueryport port into the Steam server viewer to get it to display

This still doesn't work for me and I'm at 6h 30m so far without mine showing up in DZC. Also in the Steam server browser list, doing the same as above with the steam query port, my server refreshes briefly and displays the title but, after a second or two is disappears and turns back into just an ip number and says < not responding >

My server's port is 2332 so, I have the following in my cfg:

steamPort = 2330;
steamQueryPort = 2331;

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Silly question how can I check what version I'm on? Steam Update button just says "stable branch"?

"Current Activity & Stats"

I highly encourage exploring the control panel and learning what the available features are.

An update for anyone using commander still:

125548 is now visible in commander, but you can't update to it in commander. You still have to update with steam.

I still suggest swapping over to a different launcher though as this one is quite slow to follow the updates.

Because 125548 is a not a beta. Its the current stable client version for Arma 2 OA.

The beta is no longer needed.

HOW TO CONNECT TO NEW STEAM VERSION WITHOUT ISSUES

Step 1.UNINSTALL | ArmA2 | ArmaA2 Operation Arrow Head | DayZ Commander!!!

Step 2.For people that brought the game through steam just Re-install

| ArmA2 | ArmaA2 Operation Arrow Head | DayZ Commander epoch mod in that Order Go back to Steam click (Set Launch Options) add -mod=@DayZ_Epoch (or the mod you are trying to use)

Then Click on (LOCAL FILES) Then Click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE and Go To Step 3 or 3a!

Step 2a.For people that did not buy the game through steam!!! after Step 1. open steam

TOP LEFT OF STEAM

STEAM | VIEW | FRIENDS | GAMES | HELP

click (GAMES) then click (Activate a Product on Steam) enter in your ArmA2 CD-KEY

Steam will activate and start downloading and will install put icon on desktop double click start game once quit out NOW do the same with ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head, NOW download install DayZ commander Download Epoch mod.

Go back to Steam click (GAMES) then click (VIEW GAMES LIBRARY) Now Right Click On

(ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head) DO NOT Click the Beta (Obsole.... that is the wrong one

After you Right Click On (ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head) Click (Properties) Click (Set Launch Options) add -mod=@DayZ_Epoch (or the mod you are trying to use)

Then Click on (LOCAL FILES) Then Click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.

Step 3. Open Steam Click On (ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head) Then Click (Play) when menu loads up click on (Expansions) and Enable epoch if it is not already and then Click (Multiplayer) Click on (Remote) and enter server ip and port

Step 3a. Download and install DayZLauncher from DayZLauncher.com

Then Open And Search The SERVER NAME

HOW TO CONNECT TO NEW STEAM VERSION WITHOUT ISSUES

Step 1.UNINSTALL | ArmA2 | ArmaA2 Operation Arrow Head | DayZ Commander!!!

Step 2.For people that brought the game through steam just Re-install

| ArmA2 | ArmaA2 Operation Arrow Head | DayZ Commander epoch mod in that Order Go back to Steam click (Set Launch Options) add -mod=@DayZ_Epoch (or the mod you are trying to use)

Then Click on (LOCAL FILES) Then Click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE and Go To Step 3 or 3a!

Step 2a.For people that did not buy the game through steam!!! after Step 1. open steam

TOP LEFT OF STEAM

STEAM | VIEW | FRIENDS | GAMES | HELP

click (GAMES) then click (Activate a Product on Steam) enter in your ArmA2 CD-KEY

Steam will activate and start downloading and will install put icon on desktop double click start game once quit out NOW do the same with ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head, NOW download install DayZ commander Download Epoch mod.

Go back to Steam click (GAMES) then click (VIEW GAMES LIBRARY) Now Right Click On

(ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head) DO NOT Click the Beta (Obsole.... that is the wrong one

After you Right Click On (ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head) Click (Properties) Click (Set Launch Options) add -mod=@DayZ_Epoch (or the mod you are trying to use)

Then Click on (LOCAL FILES) Then Click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.

Step 3. Open Steam Click On (ArmA2 Operation Arrow Head) Then Click (Play) when menu loads up click on (Expansions) and Enable epoch if it is not already and then Click (Multiplayer) Click on (Remote) and enter server ip and port

Step 3a. Download and install DayZLauncher from DayZLauncher.com

Then Open And Search The SERVER NAME

GET Fuc**d