Custom Traders

Lukedbx

Question

So I have been messing around with the traders over the last few days and set up a small trader city with some high value weapons and stuff.. I am able to trade weapons/Items perfectly fine, but when I try to trade vehicles I get an error thats something like cannot find script\dayz_code\randomthings\trade_vehicles, and then when I click it, nothing happens. Anyone know why this is happening and have any suggestions? Ive probably missed something out, dont understand if you have to add the spawn location for vehicles manually or something if your making your own trader? 

Thanks guys

8 answers to this question

Took a while to get, wasn't showing the error for a while... anyway -  z\addons\dayz_code\actions\trade_vehicles.sqf not found         after hitting continue it doesnt show again, nothing happens when trying to trade the vehicles (Buy + Sell). It is on flat open land. Tried with several vehicles and also another custom trader, no luck :/

Had a look actually, actions\trade_vehicles.sqf doesnt exist and im guessing its been replaced by trade_any_vehicle.sqf and the traders are trying to use the old one,weird it only happens for ones I add, any ideas?  :( 

Yeah vehicle traders use trade_any_vehicle.sqf, where did you get the file with the old reference??

Also check your report file, the ingame error will only be shown once after you click continue and not again (even for other errors that might occur as far as I know).

The file is located at "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT" on your client, not the server

I dont have the file with the old reference, thats just the error that shows, I have trade_any_vehicle.sqf 

Cant find that file either, path doesnt exist for me, no appdata in my user folder.

"AppData" is a hidden folder in windows, you need to enable "show hidden files and folders" in the folder view options.. :D

Not my fault ArmA saves the stuff in there haha, or what version f windows are you using? it should be there if you have windows vista/7/8

Take a look at this wiki entry: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

It's an issue in your MySQL database. Find the item you are having the problem with on your traders_data table and change the afile from trade_vehicles to trade_any_vehicles.

Oops... Didn't realize how old this was. Still, if somebody has an issue with this and stumbles upon this should help...