Taru pods utilization mod / script

Halvhjearne

Hi thanks for the replies, going to try some more things to get it working today, in the meantime these are my pbo and run.sqf, incase anyone can see something that I am doing stupid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vozzqwlfel3nggc/epoch.Altis.pbo?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpp6e1h1in0f3sm/run.sqf?dl=0

Regards

Simon

i suggest you change your password now and remove these ...

when you post something like this, make sure to remove ALL sensitive information, before sharing it on the internet.

that being said, i still dont see any reason it would not work.

OK, I stripped everything out of my init, description, and mission files, removed all extra pbo's from @epochhive and JUST had the taru pod script load. Same behavior however.

thanks for testing it tho ...

i really dont know or see what could be the problem then, only thing i can think of is if the vehicle is not close enough or has variables set within them that is conflicting with this.

however i dont see what could possibly be using those variables besides r3f and it should not be conflicting with that (considdering im using it aswell).

ill see if i can get some time to test on another server and see what happends.

thanks for testing it tho ...

i really dont know or see what could be the problem then, only thing i can think of is if the vehicle is not close enough or has variables set within them that is conflicting with this.

however i dont see what could possibly be using those variables besides r3f and it should not be conflicting with that (considdering im using it aswell).

ill see if i can get some time to test on another server and see what happends.

If you want my mission file and pbo's I am running on it I am more then happy to provide them, there is nothing secret about them...

I will continue to play with it as well as I have it still running as the claim function is handy since I already had the pods on my server just couldn't get Xeno's to work either :)

Infistar ignores all checks for admins.

Correct this is why I always check and remove myself from run.sqf before implementing any script so I know it works like its suppose to. Just saying maybe check infistar, if it works as admin then its anti hack stopping it for players.

If you want my mission file and pbo's I am running on it I am more then happy to provide them, there is nothing secret about them...

I will continue to play with it as well as I have it still running as the claim function is handy since I already had the pods on my server just couldn't get Xeno's to work either :)

did you ever check redis for ah logs?

i think i need to get admin powers and your server pass so i can go do some testing with the debug console, but its not something i have a lot of time for currently.

you can also try disable the antihack and check if it works then, if thats the case ill also know where to begin my search.

That "claim" function would be pretty handy for regular vehicles too  :)

I'll try removing everything on mine soon and see if that does anything.

this was originally created only for the pods, when i tested it further i might add something simmular to the traders so you can sell inventory from vehicles or avoid entering each vehicle you want to sell.

did you ever check redis for ah logs?

i think i need to get admin powers and your server pass so i can go do some testing with the debug console, but its not something i have a lot of time for currently.

you can also try disable the antihack and check if it works then, if thats the case ill also know where to begin my search.

this was originally created only for the pods, when i tested it further i might add something simmular to the traders so you can sell inventory from vehicles or avoid entering each vehicle you want to sell.

I am using Infistar, I didn't think it put anything in Redis?

I can give you access when you want it...

fixed problem where you could not attach pods, when not using same r3f version as me and fixed offsets for most pods (thanks to scaris for help guiding them into place).

My pleasure, thanks for taking the time to come check out the issue I was having!

fantastic work guys, I can confirm its working 100%, many thanks first for the script and to you guys for getting it working on other ppls servers.

I had to add these to prevent kicks, hope it helps someone

publicvariable 0 - !="HALV_fnc_parapod" !="HALVPV_PARAPOD"
setvariable 0 - !="halv_podowner" !="r3f_log_disabled"

Again, many thanks

Simon

Hey Halv, I really hate to ask but... Is there anyway I can use just the Taru Pod Claim part of your script? I'm using the new updated igiLoad from slayer that has a Taru Pod attachment script built in already but I'm having a difficult time selling pods back to the trader and your Taru Pod Claim function would be perfect. If not I understand. Thought I'd ask!

Hey Halv, I really hate to ask but... Is there anyway I can use just the Taru Pod Claim part of your script? I'm using the new updated igiLoad from slayer that has a Taru Pod attachment script built in already but I'm having a difficult time selling pods back to the trader and your Taru Pod Claim function would be perfect. If not I understand. Thought I'd ask!

sorry, im not gonna make a custom claim script for you.

slayer should have thought of that before he adapted the xeno version.

also, i dont see what you need it for, as you are currently not be able to sell them yet anyway, as i have yet to post a version of the traders that will actually buy them.

currently it is part of this script, but that might change in the future tho, as i have been considdering changing it to allow claiming of all sorts of custom defined objects.

that will then allow these objects, that would otherwise not be sellable, to be sold at the traders.

@all

incomming soon:

pods will save when they land.

pods will save when claimed.

secured pv's that cannot be changed by hacks.

possibly utilization huron pods (currently testing this).

Thanks man, no worries just thought I'd ask. That is very very interesting though. I'll have to see about disabling the script in igiLoad although I much prefer the functionality of that one as you can attach the pods via slingload which is far more convenient than trying to land the taru over the pod. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too lol.

Halv - just installed this and it works perfectly!

Is there any way that it can do a 'owner' check as well before letting people lift? So if it's locked by someone, you're not able to lift it?

i might make an option for that, considdering some might want it ... however, its not exactly the easiest thing in the world, to land and pick it up (especially in the heat of the battle), so i wouldnt worry too much about that.

personally i have restrictions on every other way of lifting/towing on my server, except for these pods.

however players can also tow and move them around on my server, so the players tend to tow them into bases or buildings to avoid theft and to use them as storage.

I much prefer the functionality of that one as you can attach the pods via slingload which is far more convenient than trying to land the taru over the pod.

this seems too unrealistic to me, there is no way you would be able to secure such a pod to the hull of the choppe with ropes, during flight.

i might make an option for that, considdering some might want it ... however, its not exactly the easiest thing in the world, to land and pick it up (especially in the heat of the battle), so i wouldnt worry too much about that.

personally i have restrictions on every other way of lifting/towing on my server, except for these pods.

however players can also tow and move them around on my server, so the players tend to tow them into bases or buildings to avoid theft and to use them as storage.

no worries. it was mainly just food for thought.

Script works great though. Just have to remember (for now) to add something to it, or to lock it, unlock it, lock it again which also makes it save where it is.

this seems too unrealistic to me, there is no way you would be able to secure such a pod to the hull of the choppe with ropes, during flight.

Not so much about realism and more about safety and level of difficulty. Doing anything with precision in the Taru requires a good bit of finesse (for me at least) and if I dont land it just right and hit the pod catastrophic events happen. Pod flips up in the air, chopper crashes/blows up. Def not game breaking though and probably more due to my lack of Taru flying skillz than anything. With the functionality included in future updates I would much prefer this script. I think the claim option and being able to sell some of these things that you couldn't normally sell outweighs being able to attach the pod by a different means. 

Halv i do not understand the claim function but what would be nice if not done yet:

When you lock any vehicle, game will check the vehicle lock var and set an entry to the database with e.g. 1 hour. Then it is deleted of the db so it is not locked to you.

Maybe you could make a variable in your pod settings which can be set to 1 week and if the pot is claimed it is locked 1 week for you. So the vehicle lock times are like before 1 hour but the pod is locked 1 week.

Or is this the reason of claim and i don't get the point? :D

Cheers