Database bug / issue with LastUpdated column

Scaramanga

Question

I was about to add some events for cleaning up old vehicles in my Database (1.2.0.5) when I noticed something really strange. It seems a lot of my vehicles automaticly get a new timestamp in the LastUpdated column every time the server comes up. This means removing these vehicles from database by using this value becomes quite problematic since I have no idea when they were last used.

I did some troubleshooting and it seems it only happens with vehicles that are not fully repaired. If I repair them it keeps the timestamp and does not change at server restart. If not repairing the vehicles updated the column, a workaround could be creating an event that repairs everything every day, but alas it does (Maybe there's a way around this in SQL?). There's also a couple of vehicles that are not fully repaired that this does not happen to. It occurs both on ordinary spawned and locked vehicles. My buildings are indestructible so I am unaware if they would have the problem as well if they were damaged.

I created a new server with a unchanged dayz_server.pbo and Mission folder and created a new empty database. The problem still occurs. Attached is an excerpt from HivExt.log when the problem is occuring on the new server (17:29:48).

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

LastUpdated_Troubleshooting_HiveExt.txt

5 answers to this question

Are you running any SQL against object_data like changing damage? I have plenty vehicles on my dev box that have a last updated value of a week or two ago.

I thought you were onto something as I run a SQL to revert some bikes back to their static position on server restart etc. Though it is only for a few vehicles and the timedoes not match when the SQL runs, the time stamp the LastUpdated gets is from when the first user logs onto the server after a restart.

Anyways, I removed all SQL that run both as events and on restart. The problem is still occuring. I would say it happens to atleast half my vehicles, but not all.

I'm only running the recommended cleanup sql events, I'll try and turn them off and see if that changes anything after next restart.  The only other thing I could think that may be affecting it would be TSW anti hack, I'll try turning that off too and report back.