MGT still Official?

EUGENIX_MODIFIED

Borneholm is terrible. The only reason it's getting attention is because of Frankie.

Altis and Stratis are the only maps with the Arma textures. Stratis is underused due to it being bare, but with some tlc I'm sure it could be brought to life.

Those Frankie videos have only been out a couple of weeks and the buzz for Bornholm was happening before they were made. Having played on it myself I must admit it isn't fantastic (not enough towns and villages, just endless fields) but it certainly has some nice features (the wheat fields for instance).

Those Frankie videos have only been out a couple of weeks and the buzz for Bornholm was happening before they were made).

Must've been solitary bees as I only ever saw a handful of people in the servers. Up stepped Francis, and boom, we had a swarm.

Anyway, we both agree it's a shit map.

I miss Sauerland. With Arma 3 textures it would be pretty epic. I cant stand Chernarus as it's all Arma 2 textures,and the damned buildings are all closed. Now if it was as pretty as standalone, then it would be cool. To me it's all about the visuals.

In response to this thread...who cares. In the end, it doesn't even matter. No sense getting all fired up about something you have no control over.

Borneholm is terrible. The only reason it's getting attention is because of Frankie.

Altis and Stratis are the only maps with the Arma textures. Stratis is underused due to it being bare, but with some tlc I'm sure it could be brought to life.

To each their own.  I agree that Bornholm has some issues, namely A2 textures and some of the roads are weird.  But the terrain is realistic for the area and is quite varied.  There's plenty of places to hide bases and vehicles, which is a stark contrast to Altis where there's a low number of secure places to build.  

To each their own.  I agree that Bornholm has some issues, namely A2 textures and some of the roads are weird.  But the terrain is realistic for the area and is quite varied.  There's plenty of places to hide bases and vehicles, which is a stark contrast to Altis where there's a low number of secure places to build.

Adding a few smaller towns/villages would help it a lot, when you are on foot it's not a fun experience. I must admit I like the feel of the environment though.

Chernarus is Chernarus.. Kinda bored of that...

But do miss the green of it on Altis.. Bornhold (or bumhole as we call it) just needs some polishing and building swaps.

Its a shame we are not allowed to use Chernarus+ as I do have a copy running on Epoch but was mainly for my own fun/pleasure..

Not sure i get the legal POV of running + if you also own a copy of SA.. but hay ho

Its a shame we are not allowed to use Chernarus+ as I do have a copy running on Epoch but was mainly for my own fun/pleasure..

Not sure i get the legal POV of running + if you also own a copy of SA.. but hay ho

Not one to encourage illegal behaviour and practices, but I say fuck em, do it anyway. What's worse that can happen? A cease and desist order? Plus, anything that pisses off the cretinous twat a Rocket can only be a good thing.

To save all viewers the trouble of reading the last 6 pages:

Release the files already, who cares if they're all buggy and shit, release them anyway... btw you suck!...

24 hours later...

Hey, you released a buggy piece of crap before it was ready! FIX IT!  btw you suck!

:blink:

According to BIS they're working on one for Arma 3.  No word on an ETA though.  They've got a theme picked out and a basic shape but that's all they've got so far.  Source:  recent A3 Spotreps and Sitreps

Lmao I don't know how many times I have repeated, go read up on your favorite game and learn about it, then I pass on the links to epochmod.com announcements and the BIS sitreps but its rare they read em.....

private["_aa","_ab","_ac","_ad","_ae","_af","_ag","_ah","_ai","_aj","_ak","_al","_am","_an","_ao","_ap","_aq","_ar","_as","_at","_au","_av","_aw","_ax","_ay","_az","_aaa","_aab","_aac","_aad","_aae","_aaf","_aag","_aah","_aai","_aaj","_aak","_aal","_aam","_aan","_aao","_aap","_aaq","_aar","_aas","_aat"];

Obfuscation just got real..

auto-bender-i-don%5C%27t-want-live-on-th

Anyone know if "Lingor" will ever make it across ? Seriously need a new map ! Atlis is by far the worst map i have ever played Epoch on ! its designed for battles not building ect ! Stratis aint bad its a little greener !

Altis and Stratis barely has any wooden areas.

Thats why i love chernarus. Them woods. <3

That's what I gathered, that most people liked Chernarus because of the woods.  However, someone just needs to completely redo Chernarus with everything A3, but A3 needs more objects and buildings tbh.  I still like some of the old A2 buildings, but that map needs a huge makeover imo if it's going to keep getting beat to death.

Bornholme has some nice groupings, and the terrain is kind of interesting in places, and in a way it's kind of nice the way towns and buildings are strewn out.. but it's just a little too flat for how large it is.  Some of the roads are cool, I really actually enjoy having to drive a good distance to get somewhere, but if you have to walk good Christ.  Not enough hills for my liking, the textures aren't that great(I think he used something like 10m per pixel if I'm not mistaken).  However, I really do like the wheat fields on that map.  You could crouch down in them and I'm pretty sure they still rendered at a distance so you were hidden, no?  I was able to hide a car in that shit and you could barely see it.

Lingor is the last A2 map I was playing on before I made the jump to A3, I had a good bit of fun on that map.  I liked some of the vegetation... but I had mixed feelings about how "sturdy" some of the undergrowth was.  You had these weeds that would bust the hell out of your car if you tried going off road a little.  However, Icebreakr's maps... I dunno, I liked a lot of things about them, he can get creative with them..  I don't know, maybe it was just the textures that bothered me or something.. Panthera especially just seemed like.. too fake or something.

Out of interest, will there be a new map for Arma3 from BiS, or will we have to wait for Arma4 before we get a new one?

I'm guessing you didn't read the-- ah Darth got it. XD  I'm excited to see what they come up with, it'll probably take forever for them to finish it though.  I don't know how much time they spent on Altis, but they did a really good job with it, so I'm excited to see what they come up with.

private["_aa","_ab","_ac","_ad","_ae","_af","_ag","_ah","_ai","_aj","_ak","_al","_am","_an","_ao","_ap","_aq","_ar","_as","_at","_au","_av","_aw","_ax","_ay","_az","_aaa","_aab","_aac","_aad","_aae","_aaf","_aag","_aah","_aai","_aaj","_aak","_aal","_aam","_aan","_aao","_aap","_aaq","_aar","_aas","_aat"];

Obfuscation just got real..

o_O

I would be willing to bet that once the new upcoming map hits we will likely have a whole new set of buildings to play with in the editor.  They'll likely be of a different theme than Altis.   Once those are available to use we can import them into some maps like Bornholm or maybe even Chernarus and breathe some new life into them.  And, who knows, maybe the new map they're designing will be perfect for Epoch and we can just use that.  We will have to wait and see.  

Bornholm rocks, we run one called ORB, check it out it actually isn't bad at all, we have even put our own compound on the map, we are editing ai and mission loot, trying to find the middle for it for everyone. We went from Cherno to Bornholm because there wasn't a lot of Bornholm maps out there. We never have had a full server however have had over 20 a few times out of our 40 person server which we are happy to see with the few people we currently have with us. Bornholm support hopefully is right around the corner and it definitely will be nice to see, the map is amazing, lots to do. Roads however are wonky and have caused very amusing deaths lol.