[Release] Taxi script v0.2

5nine

What is it? 

An AI controlled Taxi. When players enter a main trader, they can call for a cab which then spawns outside the trader and drives up to the trader and waits for the player to get inside. Once the player gets inside he/she can choose from 4 predefined destinations. Once the players choose destination the driver will start driving towards that destination, choosing the shortest path (via roads) to get there.  The player can at anytime choose to stop the cab and get out. However, if he doesn't pay (50 krypto) before he gets out, the driver will exit the cab and arm himself with a pistol and try to kill the player. there is also 2 AI's spawning in a radius of 200m from the driver which will help him. 

Alpha release, why?

This is not thoroughly tested with a high player count or with more than 3 passengers in the cab at the same time. Also I have not had time to test every possible scenario of player interaction with the driver/cab. Bugs will most likely occur.. I am in no way a seasoned scripter and as this is my first public release, please be gentle =). Currently, this will probably only work with the anti-hack not to be mentioned on this forum. 

Not epoch AH compatible, why?

When I started with this script using epoch AH I got a lot of autoban kicks and publicvariable filters i couldnt change so I decided it was not worth the time needed to make it work with that AH. So for now it will only work with the alternative AH or no AH at all. 

v. 0.2 includes functions as:

- Taxis cost 50 krypto, if you dont pay, driver and 2 AIs will try to kill you. (cost can be changed in your init.sqf)

- maximum 3 taxis on the server, 1 per main trader (or location set by server owner)

- 4 predefined destinations to choose from per taxi. (can be changed by server owner)

- customizable chat messages from driver to player

- alot of functions to prevent player exploiting the taxis

- Spawnpositions set for Altis traders by default (easily changed by server owner)

Install instructions are presented in the Github link below:

https://github.com/5nine/NibbleGaming_Taxis

BattleEye Filters:

in scripts.txt:

7 "BIS_fnc_" !"call bis_fnc_showNotification"
7 removeAllActions !="RemoveAllActions _cab;" 
7 setMarker !"Local"
7 createMarker !"createmarkerlocal"
7 addEventHandler !"GetIn" !"GetOut"
7 deleteMarker !"deletemarkerlocal"

in publicvariable.txt

5 "" !="\"cab1\"" !="\"cab2\"" !="\"cab3\""

Above I have not included line numbers since my filters are not stock epoch. just search for the first text, for instance setMarker, and then add whatever i put after that like !"exceptionword"

Here is a short demonstration of how it works. (note: this is from an earlier version with a lot of missing functions)

Support or questions?

Post a reply in this topic. Posts posted after release of v0.1 hotfix starts here: 

Credits:

Axeman: for creating the Axebus script, which I used when i first got the idea for this script

KiloSwiss: for creating #SEM. where i got some ideas for AI functions. 

The Entire NibbleGaming community: for help with testing, testing and testing. They also helped me alot with testing....

Yea I think its awesome in the post apocalyptic world to have taxis running around all the bullets flying and sappers exploding! I'm sure you have detected my sarcasm but hey its your server do what ya want.  Honestly I would not use this on a server you have to remember Epoch sets a "scene" and by adding stuff like this kills it for me personally.  I would have 0 night vision and make everyone use flashlights if I could remove them from the servers.

Yes you are vulnerable inside. so you are an easy target. 

Yea I think its awesome in the post apocalyptic world to have taxis running around all the bullets flying and sappers exploding! I'm sure you have detected my sarcasm but hey its your server do what ya want.  Honestly I would not use this on a server you have to remember Epoch sets a "scene" and by adding stuff like this kills it for me personally.  I would have 0 night vision and make everyone use flashlights if I could remove them from the servers.

I do realize some will think of it as "not part of a post apocalyptic world", and that some think it makes the game too easy, that it should be a struggle. and i agree it should be a struggle. But all this does is that it removes some of the "run around for 15 min everytime you die" part of the game. You cant overtake the car, you cant sell it. And there is a limit to 1 taxi per trader, so if a taxi is currently occupied, other players have to wait for it to deliver the player who called it. 

I created a simple script derived from Axemans busroute script (from dayz epoch) which gives the player an option to call for a taxi from any of the 3 main traders. When a player call it, a car spawns and drives up to the trader. The player can then get in and choose from a set of predifined destinations. The taxi will then start driving towards chosen destination and the player can, at any time, ask the driver to stop so he can get out.

If you want to try it out, join my server at 109.124.172.162:2320.

here is a short demonstration of how it works.

Im currently in the process of refining the script and optimizing performance a bit. Once that is done I will share the script here if people like it.

What do you guys think, is it a good idea?

nice one! can you upload what you have so far?

would love to test this over the weekend

You didn't create this.... it is axemans script..............

so you've made it work for arma 3 its still his script mate..!

If you read my first it clearly states it is derived from his script. It has totally different functions then axemans thought, so the only thing left essentially is the function which checks if the cab is actually the cab. Everything from how it spawns to how it builds its waypoints is by me. You might want to get your facts right before you go out accusing ppl

I agree on one thing, people having to use flashlights, flares and chemlights would be intriguing.

But if you have mutants blowing themselves up, and cultists with special powers, I don't see cabbies being a stretch at all.

i like the sound of this. its something different and a good way for lone wolf to get around the map, but the taxi's would need to be pick ups :)

They are pickups? Infact that was the car that the AI could handle best. Tried to put them in a hatchback and the ai went bananas in corners and crossroads

I created a simple script derived from Axemans busroute script (from dayz epoch) which gives the player an option to call for a taxi from any of the 3 main traders. When a player call it, a car spawns and drives up to the trader. The player can then get in and choose from a set of predifined destinations. The taxi will then start driving towards chosen destination and the player can, at any time, ask the driver to stop so he can get out. 

If you want to try it out, join my server at 109.124.172.162:2320.

here is a short demonstration of how it works. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4lm_vOCI7U

Im currently in the process of refining the script and optimizing performance a bit. Once that is done I will share the script here if people like it.

What do you guys think, is it a good idea? 

Awesome 5nine!!! That is really cool man, cant wait to see your release!

• vbawol unpinned this topic