[Release] Taxi script v0.2

5nine

Think it's amusing and some players would use it so I would use it on my server!

Also...the press gear and pistol before you left spawn...is that a script the regular player load out script or is it for all players leaving the spawn local...?

Its for all players, random loadout each time and gives new players 50krypto they can spend on taxis

Hi,

are you already on with your script?

Real life got in the way. But its coming along nicely. I added krypto cost and if you dont pay the driver will jump out and try to shoot you, there is also 2 AI's that spawn in a radius of 200m that tries to back him up. the same thing happens if you try to pay him and dont have any krypto. Im currently messing with what happens when multiple players join the same cab

Real life got in the way. But its coming along nicely. I added krypto cost and if you dont pay the driver will jump out and try to shoot you, there is also 2 AI's that spawn in a radius of 200m that tries to back him up. the same thing happens if you try to pay him and dont have any krypto. Im currently messing with what happens when multiple players join the same cab

sooo curious about this! alpha release maybe?

5nine,

would be great if you release what you have -alpha/beta quality does not matter- since you're building on Axe's Bus script, it should be pretty functional from day 1 I guess!

Good news to taxi lovers, I started writing my own taxi script and am working full speed on it.

Bad news is, I don't know anything about SQF scripting and started with a blank file! Managed to spawn a taxi so far. I'll go celebrate now before working on making it move lol

P.S.: killzone_kid's blog is a great help to new scripters!

yea well, i decided to rewrite the whole script to optimize it some, reuse functions etc and also to make it work for different maps. So stay put for a bit longer please =). Its going to be a bitch to run it with epoch AH though, so i will probably release a version which works with alternative AH first, sry about that epoch devs.. 

This is not my thread but since we are all taxi lovers here, I take it's acceptable to provide a taxi script development update in this thread (hope thread starter won't get mad)!

It's 02.25 AM here on a Sunday - sadly, I failed creating an "alpha-but-kinda-working" version as I originally aimed (hence no own thread yet). I guess there's too much to learn :D

Progress is not too bad though, I have a basic communication framework based on MP pvs/pvc in place.

I have no scripting experience but I started with some forethought & a notepad list. From my original list this is where I am:

The following sections are ready: (basic interaction UI "i.e.: I want taxi here & now!") +  (communication functions i.e.: player<->server request & response) + (random spawn-in position generator function). + (configuration file based zillion settings from map marker color/type/text to taxi fixed destination list).

The following sections still in TODO list: (service unit generation i.e.: vehicle+group+driver+waypoints) + (service unit management logic) + (a zillion more config options to let users easily manage these from a single master config file). If I succeed, taxi service should operate exactly as you define in the master config.

Have a good week everyone! B)

What is it? 

An AI controlled Taxi. When players enter a main trader, they can call for a cab which then spawns outside the trader and drives up to the trader and waits for the player to get inside. Once the player gets inside he/she can choose from 4 predefined destinations. Once the players choose destination the driver will start driving towards that destination, choosing the shortest path (via roads) to get there.  The player can at anytime choose to stop the cab and get out. However, if he doesn't pay (50 krypto) before he gets out, the driver will exit the cab and arm himself with a pistol and try to kill the player. there is also 2 AI's spawning in a radius of 200m from the driver which will help him. 

Alpha release, why?

This is not thoroughly tested with a high player count or with more than 3 passengers in the cab at the same time. Also I have not had time to test every possible scenario of player interaction with the driver/cab. Bugs will most likely occur.. I am in no way a seasoned scripter and as this is my first public release, please be gentle =). Currently, this will probably only work with the anti-hack not to be mentioned on this forum. 

Not epoch AH compatible, why?

When I started with this script using epoch AH I got a lot of autoban kicks and publicvariable filters i couldnt change so I decided it was not worth the time needed to make it work with that AH. So for now it will only work with the alternative AH or no AH at all. 

v. 0.1 includes functions as:

- Taxis cost 50 krypto, if you dont pay, driver and 2 AIs will try to kill you.

- maximum 3 taxis on the server, 1 per main trader (or location set by server owner)

- 4 predefined destinations to choose from per taxi. (can be changed by server owner)

- customizable chat messages from driver to player

- alot of functions to prevent player exploiting the taxis

- Spawnpositions set for Altis traders by default (easily changed by server owner)

Install instructions are included in the zip located here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93l4tvixrlwkpfh/NibbleGaming%20Taxis.rar?dl=0

BattleEye Filters:

coming soon.. (I need to make a clean server install with stock filter and figure them out)

Here is a short demonstration of how it works. (note: this is from an earlier version with a lot of missing functions)

Support or questions?

Post a reply in this topic. Posts posted after release of v0.1 starts here: 

Credits:

Axeman: for creating the Axebus script, which I used when i first got the idea for this script

KiloSwiss: for creating #SEM. where i got some ideas for AI functions. 

The Entire NibbleGaming community: for help with testing, testing and testing. They also helped me alot with testing....

Congrats on the release! Feature list looking pretty good for v.0.1 :D

Hi i install at on my server the Taxi came but when i enter the vehicle i can nothing to what must i press that the taxi driver drive to a Location??

SRY

Bad English

make sure you installed everything correctly, doublecheck the steps mentioned in the "add to.txt".

any rpt errors?

• vbawol unpinned this topic