Noob looking for some help ...

Infinity

Question

Howdy

I've set up a local A3 Epoch server and I'd like to set it up so I can test-play the game with a couple of friends. This is my first attempt at this so if someone (with a lot of patience :wub: ) could help me.. that would be great!

The server ran fine locally, but now that I've assigned an IP-address other than 127.0.0.1 to it; I get the message 'Cannot start host on port 2302'.

The port works now .. but the server won't show up in my list...

1: How do I determine the IP-address for my locally run server? (On E: drive)

2: How exactly do I setup portforwarding in my Cisco router?   (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding)

I've set it up like this now (http://imgur.com/qOfoC5L).. but it still gives the same error (cannot start host on port 2302)

I'm a total noob at this .. and I have a few more questions .. if there's someone out there who's willing to guide me through this, through PM/Skype/TS or something.. I'd highly appreciate it! :wub:

Yeah he is :)

I can't see any issues other then that I refuse to use 127.0.0.1 to run my server on, but will test that on my test server later today to see if that works.

commandline

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe" -port=2324 -malloc=system -config=SC\config.cfg -ip=192.168.2.5 -profiles=SC -name=GFS_Admin -cfg=SC\basic.cfg -autoinit -mod=@AllInArmaTerrainPackLite;@panthera;@Epoch;@EpochHive;@Raptors

BEC config.cfg

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.
Ip = 192.168.2.5

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302
Port = 2324

redis.conf

bind 127.0.0.1
maxmemory 4gb
save 900 1
save 300 10
save 60 1000
requirepass xxxxxx

epochserver.ini

[Redis]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 6379
DB = 0
Password = xxxxxx

yes.. Remember any 127.0.0.1 traffic is TCP based localhost... So your redis is running inside your server (no outside connections) and your arma server uses that IP to connect to and happily chats away.

Your game clients like to talk to your outside NIC, which is 192.168.x.x

try it, I'm curious if this solves your problems.

Yeah, sadly it didn't work; the server started fine but it didn't show in the server list. I ran a netstat command to see if my ports were open, most showed open but the ones I added in only said 'established' so I figure it would be some kind of blockage but not sure yet ..  I just got in new computer parts, which sadly came in broken ... so I have to deal with that first but I'm going to resume my 'mission' to get this working this week.