Now I don't like the idea of indestructible bases before we start :) but this building system means any holes in your base are going to be a nightmare to patch up sometimes impossible as I found out by being forced to remove a full 50ft stretch of wall with doors and floor panels to do it. With explosives being so cheap and the addition soon of vehicles with guns its going to be very easy to spoil hundreds of hours of work....

How about this...

We are in the future, the Cultists are robots (reprogrammed) with special powers, we have working heli's, electronic door locks etc so its not out the question that the frequency jammer (FJ) could have additional features with appropriate upgrades.

1) When a player is offline his base will re-spawn any destroyed components (its a mugs game doing it when they are offline and unable to defend themselves)

i) This will still allow the base raid but the player will only suffer a loss of stuff not nailed down or in lock box's

2) This will start from the next server restart (so if you log out to try and exploit this during an ongoing base attack it wont work)

3) If you are online and your FJ has been upgraded (with say the head/components off a dead cultist robot) you get a warning (after 2 minutes) to say you have a player in proximity of your base, but only if they have shot at or damaged your base in any way

4) Any players camping you or just trying doors will not get flagged

5) Players can further upgrade their walls/doors to be "hardened" with scrap or something appropriate (but make it expensive or time consuming to do so)

6) It should cost a lot to break into a base, either

i) Vehicle ammo (when if/it comes in ) is priced expensively so its an incentive for players to sell it rather than use it

ii) The price of explosives are vastly increased with the spawn chance reduced (I took a wall down with a single satchel charge that cost me about £3 at a trader lol)

7) If we are upgrading the FJ with the components off a dead cultist robots and using it as an amplifier how about letting the player remotely set off the same damage attack a cultist uses at the expense of the FJ getting downgraded (the proximity sensor element needing an upgrade with another dead cultist).

i) This will also damage the player if they are in their own base

This way is more fitting with the game and does not punish those who are unable to defend themselves

Thought?

I don't like those who wait for a player to log off because they cant do it with a fight, I think they should still have stuff stolen but to let their base get annihilated when unable to stop it is a bit unfair.

You will lose players if those loyal players who spend a lot of time on your server are then in the targets of a group of arsehole/coward players who can wreck everything when their victim is not on. you will find people wont re-build on a server like that. 

I was playing on a DayZ server where a group of players just went round destroying bases of players who were offline, they came to ours and got pasted up and down the forest constantly because they were rubbish players, logged in the next day and the lot was gone. they lost a 7 man team that night and now that server is empty. We could have dealt with coming home and finding our vehicles and shelved stuff gone with maybe a door or two missing as we would have just gone farming again. but a base that took months to build with only the safes left 20ft up in the air does not become fun anymore....

Its just a thought, you will find people like it, some wont. but the option to either activate it or not would be nice.

Remember in real life people are never offline and always able to respond. This way the raiding party get the same outcome they would have got anyway but the player just gets a kick in the nuts and the ability to spend some time to get back on their feet. win/win in my eyes!