Humanity Doubling - Help Needed

ReDBaroN

Question

Since 105 or 1051 (since 105 was only around for a day before 1051 came out...) I have had strange goings on with humanity.

Sometimes and for some players, not all, it randomly doubles either each time they relog or at server restart. I haven't been able to pin it down more than that. The problem last month was quite rare so, I didn't bother with it after a quick google didn't find anything. However, over the last 2-3 weeks it has developed into a more serious problem. It seems to be happening to some players, not all and the same players. It can happen 3-4 times a day for some players and has resulted in them having humanity in the +/- millions.

I have googled around again and can't see anything posted....?

I have tried the obvious and systematically turned off and on all additional scripts/changes for the last month and haven't been able to narrow it down to any of them either. We are a pretty loaded server with all the usual popular scripts: DZ Group Management, Enhanced Spawn Selection, infiSTAR, Logistics, WAI, EMS, infiSTAR SafeZones to name a few...

The server is high population and a managed virtual server so, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a dev server to test with and have to be careful with what I'm doing with the live based on the population.

Is anyone else seeing this problem at all on their server?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Exactly. Not even 4 hours. You don't want to delete all dead character at all. If someone dies and goes away for a week and if your script runs once a day he will still lose his humanity.

Best way to approach this would be making the script delete dead characters, where at least 1 one of them is alive under the same UID OR delete all dead characters but leave at least 1 for every UID.

The best way to keep this area of your db clean is to use the well known SQL below as an event in your DB. (requoted below)

No. I haven't manually deleted any dead characters but do run the popular SQL to clean old dead characters at every restart:

DELETE FROM `character_data`
USING character_data, character_data AS tmpcharacter_data
WHERE NOT character_data.CharacterID=tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND character_data.CharacterID<tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND (character_data.PlayerUID=tmpcharacter_data.PlayerUID)

I haven't had a single complaint since using this and it manages to control the number of corpses.

Exactly. Not even 4 hours. You don't want to delete all dead character at all. If someone dies and goes away for a week and if your script runs once a day he will still lose his humanity.

Best way to approach this would be making the script delete dead characters, where at least 1 one of them is alive under the same UID OR delete all dead characters but leave at least 1 for every UID.

Good point!  Hadn't even thought of that.  Thanks for the tip guys!   :)

Most likely problems are with these actual files, but iam no  guru guy so cannot fix, or know how does this works.

player_humanityMorph.sqf

player_switchModel.sqf

player_wearClothes.sqf

And this keeps happening with and without that FIX posted above

Also merged 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.5.1 epoch version, only differences are forEach and count. Also some other changes, but i cant see anything related to humanity

Yea the only thing I changed before it started was f3cuk fix. I dont think its inifistar, but some people don't even have the fix so im not sure lol

I'm not using fc3uk's fix.

AH335C#2 is working fine for me and humanity still hasn't doubled even when I relog after skin change.

I don't know about AH335D, I haven't tested it.

Yes, whatever you do don't use that one.

#2 at the end of the version number is important. 335C#2 is working perfectly for me at the moment with humanity fixed. Nearly 24 hours on and we had max players on for most the evening.

Some 4 days on, my only changes made during these 4 days were the initial upgrade from AH335C to AH335C#2 and yesterday up to AH335D.

I still haven't had humanity doubling since it stopped 4 days ago and have had max population on most evenings.

I haven't installed f3cuk's fix yet for character reset after skin change (although I intend to....). I also do not have the multi character mod installed that KoTaS has mentioned. So, I can't see how it could be down to either of these as I used to get the problem really badly....

Sorry, I can't really help anyone pinpoint it more other than to tell you what I have done in the hope it helps you debug.

The only other thing I did apart from upgrade the AH was to manually edit any characters whose humanity was in six figures back down to +/-10k. I made those changes direct to the DB. I have made no other mod changes from when the issue started up to now.

I know a few people that had the "double humanity bug" themselves and they disabled my tools and it was still there. It came down to those being the cause:

1. multichar from axe guy and only doubles humanity for 2nd and 3rd char if skin change and relog.

3. http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12886-anti-duping-script

I'm not running any of these and i still got the humanity bug on my server

Hi,

Apologies but where did you get the AH335D update from.. The last email update I got was AH335C (21092014IAHAT335C)

** Never mind i have a copy now :-)

Thanks

Lucky. Still waiting on mine.. :(

I don't run any of the scripts mentioned and I have the bug as well.  Might try to go to an older version of infiSTAR since it seems to point to this.  Going to test disabling and see if it stops or hopefully I will get an updated one soon too.

EDIT - When I disabled InfiSTAR the doubling stopped.  Once I turned it back on it started again.  So will go back to an older version until it is fixed.  Way I see it crap happens and there is a way to fix it temp if you save your old files.  So no harm done.

I don't run any of the scripts mentioned and I have the bug as well.  Might try to go to an older version of infiSTAR since it seems to point to this.  Going to test disabling and see if it stops or hopefully I will get an updated one soon too.

EDIT - When I disabled InfiSTAR the doubling stopped.  Once I turned it back on it started again.  So will go back to an older version until it is fixed.  Way I see it crap happens and there is a way to fix it temp if you save your old files.  So no harm done.

That's kind of a hard statement to say unless you pinpointed what causes the doubling. Unless you know that "Action X" doubles the humanity, with Infistar, then you can't say that Infistar causes it. For example, if changing skins with Infistar active caused doubling of humanity, but changing clothes without Infistar didn't, then you could say Infistar is the problem without a doubt. So far people have claimed to have found the cause in this thread a few times, but no one can pinpoint the exact condition that the doubling happens in, unless I missed that post.

I would say it is safe to say it's skin related. I use a custom loadout system that changes my skin as well as giving me a loadout, and I have noticed a humanity issue as well. I need to test a few things more, but I can almost safely say it is related to skin changing. just not sure if it's caused from scripts that change your skin or putting on a skin from inventory. I'm thinking it is the auto change into skin ability that a few mods use. I'm going to disable the custom loadout one a bit later today and see what happens.  So many mods effect so many things, it's hard to tell what is causing what without doing a fresh vanilla epoch install and testing each mod/script separately (as i'm no coder and still learning how to read the code).