BAF Merlin

DanucasB

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, but is there anyway we could get the Merlin helicopter added to Epoch as it's AWESOME, works well with DayZ, and ...best of all... it's beautifully British!

Helo's already in the code, would be an easy add (could even make the additions myself if it helps!).

Anywho, keeps up the groovy work!

Many thanks, 

DanucasB

Yep! The following SQL adds the BAF Merlin to the aircraft trader in Chernarus at the NEAF

INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES 
('["BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",2]', 10, '[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', 519, 'trade_any_vehicle');
I have it set to 2 full briefcases, but you can change it how you please.

Don't add it.

If it gets damaged, it has damage markers that the game doesn't understand, so even with slight damage, on restart it doesn't respawn.

Lots of vehicles are like this and Epoch has nearly all vehicles that work correctly, i've not found any that you can add that don't have an issue.

Don't add it.

If it gets damaged, it has damage markers that the game doesn't understand, so even with slight damage, on restart it doesn't respawn.

Lots of vehicles are like this and Epoch has nearly all vehicles that work correctly, i've not found any that you can add that don't have an issue.

Works 100% perfectly in mine at the moment, and in previous servers I used it on. The only problem with it is the huge amount of glass should you need to replace it. 

I've added pretty much every vehicle in the Arma 2 and OA packs with most of the BAF and PMC vehicles as well and only one has an issue. The Tunguska, you cannot get access to it. Or the unlock is in a very strange place. But I could not use it in the editor either. 

Did some testing on the Merlin and MGT is sort of right, purchased Merlins through the trader shouldn't have any issues but dynamically spawned Merlins do. When spawned in because of the number of damaged parts the list in the database isn't terminated with a ] so they don't spawn in due to the error. 

I set the damage to zero to spawn in, i.e. deleted everything in the part damage box and entered:

[]

Next time it spawns one in dynamically I'll add the ] on to see if it works.

• 1 month later...