UnDeadHeros

Question

Hello, My Name is Sergei,

iv Recently made A Dayz.St Server and I'm Having Trouble With the Server.PBO and Mission.PBO,

I am looking For Some One To Help Me Complete Them, i Will Pay Any One Who helps, 

They Will Need To Be Able to,

Script

Custom Script, Only Simple Stuff

If you think You Can Help Me Please Reply To This Post With Am Email, Or Some Thing I Can Contact You Easily With,

This Is First Come First Serve, So Basicly First Person Who Can Help Me Has The Job, Only If They Can Do What I need.

- Sergei,

Owner Of UnDeadHeros

9 answers to this question

Oh please, tell me more about how you are done learning. You're just too lazy to get your hands dirty :)

Why don't you not be a dick?

This community is far from helpful to new people (i've seen a lot of threads get tons of views with no replies around here in the help section) and 99% of tutorials you find are out dated.. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to get scripts working.. manually installing 3rd party scripts can be difficult for someone with limited scripting experience, such as myself, and obv the OP here.

It's also really time consuming for someone who doesn't know much about it. For someone with experience, it's simple and maybe they could help him learn..

Or they could just call him lazy and not offer to help

There is a difference between asking for help, and asking for someoen to do your dirty work.

I guess you do have a point there. Just people on this forum seem so quick to not actually help but divert to out of date tutorials that leave out half the installation process assuming people who are watching know what they are doing

I guess you do have a point there. Just people on this forum seem so quick to not actually help but divert to out of date tutorials that leave out half the installation process assuming people who are watching know what they are doing

That is because a lot of "server admins" just copy paste stuff in without knowing what it does. If you help them by just doing it for them, you will be giving them fish instead of teaching how to catch their own fish. A lot of the mods here have good feedback in their topic, but people just refuse to read an entire topic and just want to a. have it copy paste ready, or b. want it to be done for them. A lot of bug fixing can be done by checking out the 2 rpt files. If they start with that, they can try finding the problem (most errors give the filename + position of the error). If they want to run a server but are too lazy to check the logs or whatever, they should just quit already.

The tough part of this is the amount of time it takes to write out such long and winding explanations. When someone comes to me needing help it comes with a couple of stipulations: we meet on teamspeak, you don't make fun of how I speak (I had stg 4 throat cancer), and you bring an honest desire to learn. In return I'll explain things at your level until you get it or quit on me. People took the time to teach me, the least I can do is pass it on.

@ the OP: It's really not that hard to learn a few simple script inclusions. Start small, do your homework, test and retest until you figure out why it didn't work at first. Nothing beats that thrill of seeing your server running like a Swiss watch and knowing it was you that did it.

The previous poster that mentioned doing the "dirty work" is spot on. Running an Arma (especially DayZ) server is a labor of love and on a higher level than even a hobby. It takes effort though and that's what most lack. I came to DayZ server admin about 2 months ago and I've managed to learn everything needed to run both my servers (PvP and PvE) on highly modified mission files and they both perform very well. I found everything I needed to do this online and applied liberal common sense when needed.