Sarge AI 1.5.2 + EMS 0.2.1 Questions/Installation

Schultz81

Question

Hey all!

New to the forum and somewhat new to installing mods to DayZ Epoch servers.  I have experience installing mods on other games/servers but I am no professional, so I apologize in advance for my noobish questions!

I just put together a fresh Epoch server lastnight.  It is a private server for only a few friends of mine.  We would like to install Sarge AI and Epoch Mission System to our server so there is almost always something to do.  I have been using Google and YouTube religiously in order to properly setup our server.  I was able to get our server up and running!  I looked at the Epoch Mission System thread and noticed it said a requirement was Sarge AI 1.5.2.  I have looked all over the place, and I am unable to find version 1.5.2!  Where can I find it?  Thank you again for your help!  I know I will have a few more questions, but for the moment, I am stuck!

--EDIT

Has Sarge AI 1.5.0 been updated to 1.5.2 in the MASTER? (https://github.com/Swiss-Sarge/SAR_AI-1.5.0)

7 answers to this question

So, I installed DZAI without any problems, glitches, or errors.  Unfortunitally I am not able to tell if it was successful or not because I have not seen any AI around (besides zombies).  I have driven around Cherno and the Bolota Airbase and haven't seen one single bandit ai.  I haven't heard any shots, nor seen any other vehicles (land/air) drive/fly around me.

I assume I was supposed to edit the dayz_server.pbo file located in the @DayZ_Epoch_Server/addons folder.  Any ideas anyone?

--EDIT

I have been driving around between Bolota and Electro currently.  But yet, still haven't see any.

Nutter,

Thank you so much for your help.  Once I wiped everything and then started over from scratch, I finally found out the issue.

There was an error with my .bat file.  The parameters were not set correctly.  Because of this, the dayz_server.pbo was not getting read at all!  (I have tested this many times, and indeed, it wasn't being read in the server).

I edited the .bat file and changed it from saying " -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server; "    to    " -mod=@DayZ_Epoch " " -mod=@DayZ_Epoch_Server " and the DZAI booted right up!

I was a little worried for a few minutes because I didn't hear/see any AI (besides zombies).  Then all of a sudden I heard a chopper wiz by!  Such a relief!  Then around another corner I got shot at!

It took all day to troubleshoot, but thankfully it works!

I would still like to add EMS but I am unable to find the part in the server_cleanup.fsm file the instructions were referring to.  Any help with that would be greatly appreciated! 

You can also turn on debug in the DZAI config to see where the AI are spawning, for testing purposes.

Post in the EMS forums and someone can help you about the server_cleanup.fsm. That file has been changed since 1.0.3.1, so the instructions aren't accurate and they haven't been updated, as Fuchs has been busy.