Being new Hurts!

Gank

Question

so new it hurts:(  i can not seem to do much lol.  i had a SD Stang mag price change, it worked till i put in UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE `item` LIKE '%ItemVault%' AND qty=0;  but not after.  i had email GTX and they reset my data on a new server and it worked for the traders but not the price change.  i was happy with that till this morning when Dallas servers rebooted or something new to me.  Now however nothing is working i do not know anything and GTX somewhat rudely sent me to you nice fellas:)  Plz help a clueless begininger:)

24 answers to this question

Says

UPDATE epoch.traders_data SET qty = 10 WHERE qty = 0

SELECT * FROM `traders_data` WHERE 1

but i just tried it again and it does not work:( says:

dot.gif #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT * FROM `traders_data` WHERE 1' at line 2

UPDATE `Traders_DATA` SET `qty`= 100 WHERE qty = 0
SELECT * FROM `traders_data` WHERE 1

and got this  

dot.gif #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT * FROM `traders_data` WHERE 1' at line 2

I guess i'm doing it wrong? I enter phbMyadmin and I hit the database/trader data/SQL  and than add in the text.  i'm 100% cluess over how to do this so its very likely i'm simple not correctly going about it.  Any help would be great:)  And TY MassAsster it was likely helpful I just do not yet know what i'm doing:)

Rented through GTX so TCadmin and PhbMyadmin.  I think the main reason is i'm clueless about how load a setting to work in the database.  I was told go to the trade data, go to SQL and put in

UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE `item` LIKE '%ItemVault%' AND qty=0;

It did once work for a week or so but now anything I do seems to not take effect. I have tried a few, others have been nice to try offer, but so far noithing works right from pbhMYadmin.  i'm sure its simple once to know a tiny bit about what your doing lol but I am not there yet. Trying the DATA now

Let me just say TY again  for all the help.  This is crazy not to work but i'll forsure try the above.  One question; What if they did not have 100 will it change them as well?  My major issue with this it the code I tried did work before it worked (UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE `item` LIKE '%ItemVault%' AND qty=0;).  So I do not believe it was the code.  But I will sure try this one:)  is it possible to put a code in too much ?  That could be the issue maybe?

OMW to to this latest :)

the code you had   UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE `item` LIKE '%ItemVault%' AND qty=0

(IE: update the "traders_data" table,  set (the) qty=10 (Quantity to 10) WHERE item (column item) LIKE %itemVault% (is more or less containing the words ItemVault) AND qty=0 (And the current QTY is currently equal to 0 )

This code is very item specific for vaults only, and very specific about the count of vaults being none.

no, you can't really use a manual "code" too much, it either has no effect, or an effect.

and the less than symbol  means anything less than 100 will get updated to 500

Ok here what I did.  went to phpmyadmin, went to trader data, went up to SQL in a cleared box I put the scrip you said to, it went through I restarted the server and went to the dealer, nothing haha.  Do you think maybe you or someone you know could come in to vent and help set it up or even set it up ( afew starter scrpits) ??  I could donate to you or your sever for your kind work:)

OO This now a hot Topic!  :)  Because of that i'm just going throw it out there , my server ( its getting there) might be looking for a few select players wanting to get away from the whole open pvp for awhile and buildbuildbuild, fight ai, and group planed pvp and other fun stuff:)  I'm on trying to get it working right, and hopping for 5-10 more players that enjoy a server password protected, no open pvp inless planned, fight AI and building like crazy:)

Sorry BTW MassAsster, no clue why it changed the text size:)

Bud we got it , your not going believe this lol.  So everything I and yourself have been doing works just fine.  Heres what happen I rented an Orgin server before I knew about the Epoch, so this whole time I was logging under that server (shut for a month now).  So TYVM and sorry  it took a minute for me to figure out we was wasting our time on the wrong sever.  Its all happy time now I hope:)  Agin TY so much for your help, all the codes above work it seems.

Wanted to come back in and say again TY for all your help.  The Gankers Club is alive and running well now.  we most of the scripts in and working.  After a tun of reading and youtube vids, the server has become something great:)