Sign in to follow this  
palladiumm

Music Trigger, please an example

Question

I have been able to add zombie spawners and such to epoch, so i have had success adding items in mission.sqm.  I am trying to make an area trigger that plays music when players enter it. I have created it in the editor and it works fine. I just cannot seem to get it to work on the epoch server. I placed code into the description.ext and i think that code is bad, and maybe the copied code for mission.sqm needs to be changed.

Can someone please post a complete one? (Just the parts I need, not a complete mission.sqm, or description.ext, unless you want to) So I can study it? I wont be able to modify an existing "safe zone dome" code or other code, as i have worked on this for 3 days. I have seen multiple posts, most of which were for "Arma2" Epoch. I have really worked at this and just cant get it. Please help.

Also, i did make an intro music for my epoch server, and it works great. So, i have a CfgSounds area in description.ext, and i was putting the trigger into a Sensors area below Items in mission.sqm.

Thank You for any help

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Stollenwerk
      Hey there,
      I know it has to be very simple, but I'm stuck on this atm.
      Maybe someone can give me a push in the right direction.
      I want to place a global marker and want to delete it again with a trigger, when a player activates the trigger.
      So that's what I got so far:
      _marker = createMarker ["BOX", _object]; _marker setMarkerType "hd_start"; _marker setMarkerColor "ColorRed"; _trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", "getMarkerPos _marker"]; _trigger setTriggerArea [5, 5, 0, false]; _trigger setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true]; _trigger setTriggerStatements ["this", "deleteMarker _marker", ""]; I'm pretty sure that the error(s) are in these 2 lines:
      _trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", "getMarkerPos _marker"]; _trigger setTriggerStatements ["this", "deleteMarker _marker", ""]; I'm not sure what to put in as string code for deactivation. Trigger should be deleted as well of course, after the marker is deleted.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By turtles
      Hello Epoch Community,

I do not know much about scripting besides the basics. I am trying to add music that will play when AI hunt down players. I want the music to be played global, and I don't want the music to overlap every time an additional AI patrol joins in to hunt a player. 
      Now, I have tried using tons of scripts on the internet which show the basics of how to play sounds, but no matter what I do I cannot get them to play with AI reinforcements.
      I have a private server for me and just a few friends, so I want the music to be global. I have the AI as police so I was thinking something like PayDay music to play when cops start chasing the players. I have tried tons of different code but nothing happens. If anyone could help that would be great. If you could also give a step by step guide that would be incredible, because I know little to nothing about where to put the lines of code and stuff.
    • By unerground2
      Hello i would like to bring back the random scenery sounds from arma2 Dayz to my epoch server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WicdjM0aE5w

Does anyone have a script that plays sound files randomly???

• By Nakama Mind
      I was listening to some good ol Ensiferum when it dawned on me....I wonder if anyone else over @ epoch forums listens to metal while doing computer shtuffs!

Post your fav metal for me to listen to! I probably already have heard it but maybe not and either way I love all genres and instruments and for the record most music will appeal to me be it hardcore metal, or some J-pop :D (I think it comes from a musical background at a young age & a very open mind).

NO GENRE BASHING <3 ...

Metal only plz n thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvPe0uqjjY
    • By lordgeorge
      Hey guys

Anyone know a solution to how i can get a tigger for anyone typing the word "admin" on the side chat to post a on screen message directing them on how to contact a admin if non in game ?

Cheers

George
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord