[Release] Vehicle Service Point (Refuel, Repair, Rearm) [Script]

Axe Cop

Ok then here you go, I can't test it at the moment so maybe you guys can report if that is working:

in the main file service_point.sqf, it should work if you replace this (around line 132)

_role = assignedVehicleRole player;

with

if (assignedDriver _vehicle == player) then {
	_role = ["Driver", [-1]];
} else {
	_role = assignedVehicleRole player;
};

because the assignedVehicleRole command is different for the driver so my script doesn't work for the a vehicle with guns in the driver seat.. ArmA logic:p

if that works I will put it in the first post or update the script itself, but I can't easily test it atm because there are no vehicles like that in Epoch by default and other stuff (that is why this fix isn't in the main script in the first place).

I'm not too sure where to insert the line

execVM "service_point\service_point.sqf";
};

I am pretty new to this and need help I have the part where it says

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

So I just don't know where to insert the line and how to space it.

I'm not too sure where to insert the line

};

I am pretty new to this and need help I have the part where it says

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;

So I just don't know where to insert the line and how to space it.

Hi, just put it after the stuff you just posted, it doesn't matter really, it just has to be after "f (!isDedicated) then {" and before the "};" at the end of the block (see the first post).

Btw I have committed the fix for reaming the driver weapon, because many people ask me that and it doesn't hurt for people who just use the default Epoch it works the same. :)

O thank you that was actually pretty easy. I just have one more question about how to make the repairing free because i'm not sure what to change in the repair script to accomplish this.

Just like the default refuel value, leave blank :) This is in the service_point.sqf

_refuel_costs = []; // free for all vehicles (equal to [["AllVehicles",[]]])

So for Repair it would look like this:

_repair_costs = [];

Just like the default refuel value, leave blank :) This is in the service_point.sqf

_refuel_costs = []; // free for all vehicles (equal to [["AllVehicles",[]]])

So for Repair it would look like this:

_repair_costs = [];

Ok got it guess I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks for the help.

Hello, 

I have been using the Service_Point script running DayZ Epoch Chernarus for a while now. I love it and it has always worked great!  :D

There is just one small thing i have a question about, to do with the service point REPAIR.

Note how there is the option to set the amount of time it takes to repair every vehicle part: 

_repair_repairTime = 2; // time needed to repair each damaged part (in seconds)

I personally have this set to _repair_repairTime = 4;

Yet i have noticed that when i drive up to a service point and scroll to repair, the vehicle gets repaired instantly. (not even a second later it is fully fixed.)

I have tested with several different vehicles all with different amounts of damage to them (from almost fully wrecked to "mildly damaged") and they all seem to repair instantly.

So i was just wondering whether this is meant to be like this, or is it a bug and will it be patched?

Thanks

Hi like the comment in the config says it should take 2 seconds (or whatever value you put there) for each part to repair and not be instant.

It worked fine when I tested it and as far as I know nothing has changed in the Epoch code why it should not work anymore.

I don't have much time atm but it works for most servers, might be some problems in combinations with otehr scripts or whatever, it is really hard to say unless you play on the exact server where it doesn't work, best thing you can do is check your log files (like always, I'm really getting sick of telling that to everyone all the time because no admin ever looks in there for when something isn't working errors lol)

Yeah i wouldnt even mention it to people anymore. It seems like the RPT file to most people is something that doesn't even matter which is pretty much bs. I know that we had talked about this before and I just let it go. Wit all the mods that we have implemented who knows. I dont have the patience to test them one at a time and its really not that big of a deal. The fact that this script even exists is good enough for me :)

AXE COP

So I have added all to the specified locations, but it is not loading. No I dont have my own server, i am renting one, so would i still put in the same spot or put it here 

if (isServer) then {
//Compile vehicle configs
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";
// Add trader citys
_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\mission.sqf";

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

Right now I have it here.

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};
 am i missing something. i have the folder called service_point and all 4 files in it. Do they need to go into another fold or they ok there.

should be fine like that, it doesn't matter if you have your own server or rent one (a hosted server is just a server in a data center so you don't change the Epoch script obviously).

I can't tell you why it isn't working for you, did you check your report file? I guess not :D

You can check the arma2OA.rpt file on your computer (not the server), for the default location look here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

I can't help you with Napf, but I think there are some post about that here in the thread, (you know your search in this topic only), usually it should just work on all maps but I haven't tested it myself.

Scripts updated!

New features:

• repair delay for each damaged part, will also display a message with the part currently being repaired (default 2 seconds, see config, if set to 0 the repair will be instant with no messages like before)  :)
  • dynamic costs based on vehicle type (similar as I've mentioned it in the post above)
  • display message in vehicle chat when near service point (can be disabled or customized in the config)

You can get the new version from the same place: https://github.com/vos/dayz/tree/master/service_point

Axe Cop,

So this is where i am having my issue, for the display message, i dont see a msg at all. do you have to be in vehicle chat to see it or should you be able to see if no matter what? Oh my old server that i use to play on, now i host my own, it would pop up showing you that it was near. anyway you can help me figure out why it is not working please.