Custom traders not showing up in game

ahughes3

Question

So I was running a server with another host a while back and set up a new trader in the southwest of Chernarus. It was working perfectly. All I did was create a new trader location, created new traders with different skins but they were working off another traders menu and items.

In effect the traders were a duplicate, just with a different skin.

I have just tried to set up the same on my new host and I am sure I've done things right but they are not showing up at all. So here's what I did.

In my mission.sqf from my server pbo I added 7 new traders, with locations, skins, unique numbers etc.

I also added a helipad for the vehicle spawn.

In the database I added the 7 traders to the server_traders table, starting with the next available ID of 177-183

I checked that the neutral, friendly, hostile etc all matched

I added the markers and sensors to mission.sqm

packed and uploaded everything, but ingame there is no sign of the traders at all. I've gone over the files following Raymix's tutorial for adding custom traders and the only thing I can see that I've not done is to add in TIDs for my new traders.

As far as I remember when I had this working before, I don't need to add TIDs because my traders are using the TIDs from existing traders? I did think maybe I did have to add this in so I looked into it, but to add in TIDs I would have to be creating custom menus and items for each trader. I know I didn't do that last time.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions as to what I may have missed?

Thanks

Andy

5 answers to this question

The thing I often forget is to add the name of the trader skin to the array at the top, for example mine starts with:

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 11
serverTraders = ["CZ_Soldier_Light_DES_EP1","RU_Villager1","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1_DZ","RU_Functionary1","RU_Citizen3","Rocker4"

etc

CZ_Soldier, Villager1 and Special_Forces_MG all being ones I've added. I often restart the server to find the trader isnt there and I've simply forgotten to add the skin to the list. If it's not that, we may need to see a file or two, server_trader.sqf probably (at least just the bits you've added)

Yea checked that too, although that wouldn't stop them appearing, you would just get a trader menu appearing wherever else that skin was used i.e. mission ai

I have a niggling feeling that it may be to do with the TIDs but I don't want custom menus and items, I just want another Stary but somewhere else so TIDs aren't needed..............I think.

Ok so I finally worked it out and as per usual it was sooooooo obviously frustrating. So I pasted my new traders, right underneath the last existing unit in the mission.sqf and compared the entries. The only differences I could see were that most unit's worldspace coords look like [4325.3, 2345.9] whereas mine looked like [8493.5,1243.4,0.2345]. So I thought I would make them match the same format (not sure if that actually fixed it as I did two things). So that was the first amendment I made.

The second was simply to change the unit numbers to follow in sequence. I think the last one was 136 and I had started mine at 200 (which I'd seen done in a video and was working perfectly on my old server). So I changed my traders to go from 137 onwards and when I reloaded the file into the server it worked. Now they show up just fine.

So if you're stuck, this might help a little  :D

Thanks Charlie & Rossco for the support.