We Need to Ballance The PVP, PVE & PVA Elements (my ideas)

Liqu1dShadow

Again these are just ideas and thought, you might like them you might hate them

For me I am a PVA (Player V’s Anything) player, but the PVE element is missing, it’s just an onslaught of PVP and it gets boring. This stops people from enjoying the game as it should be as the PVE player’s just high-tail it out of there when they hear shots or just join PVE only servers, the two need to be mixed so you feel like you are surviving rather than in a team death match. There shouldn’t be rules for PVE and PVP there should be choices and consequences.

The game needs to pull in the complexities of PVE play alongside PVP. I am a fan and was a long serving player of DayZ Origins and this is one of the only mods where PVE and PVP worked together. There was no traders and rare loot was hard to find (boxes of screws anyone!). If you sat there killing people you wouldn’t last long because you needed to farm loot to survive, you would have to put yourself into the PVE element as you couldn’t just go buy your stuff from a trader you had to find it. It meant you had to carry both an SD pistol for Zed’s, a normal high powered SD gun for PVP and maybe a non-SD rifle for that "I need to kill this person at all costs" situation which took up space. Wanted more space to farm you had to go find better backpacks, didn’t want lost space through an SD rifle then stick with a pistol that left you out gunned if you needed to deal with a player on the quiet.

At the moment its Wasteland with base-building and discoverable loot, what I want is more forced interaction with players to get rare loot or stuff I can’t be bothered doing. On Origins, three of us built a stronghold, do you think we all farmed that material? No, we traded a lot of it with other players. It brought us a new dynamic. How do we get what we are trading, how do we protect our team members, how do we stop and ambush, where should we meet, what’s the price to pay, what if we allied with them, can we trust them etc etc,

We would send 2 snipers ahead to set up before we made the trade, other teams had the same idea and it just worked as you were actually surviving as you would in real life. sometime we got our stuff, sometime we were double-crossed and others we got out thought and out gunned. PVP players still got to do their thing and PVE players still got to do theirs. The amount of time I ran into people farming the docks/city's and we never shot each other instead asked each other what we were farming for and traded if we had what each other was looking for. But you would also get the KoS players popping up but it was an even 50/50 mix not 100% KoS.

You were forced to farm, there was no getting away from it, loot had a lot more value attached to it due to the amount of work you had to put into getting it.

I am a PVA player with this mod we can make the PVA happen.

My ideas

- Get rid of the traders, yup, get rid of them. They are not a realistic representation of what a trader would be doing.
    - Trade with players who make themselves traders via a lobby slot. Those PVE Trader (PVET) players who want to farm and explore can pick a role that's just that
    - If someone kills a PVET player they get a random 10% of what they had but the killers name goes on a bounty board
    - Other players could pay into the bounty to hunt them
    - If another PVET player spots this person it gives a delayed message to those that have paid into the bounty
    - To spot a player with a bounty you need to be in a PVET slot and keep your cross hairs on them for 5 seconds
    - Limit the number of slots for PVET players like the police and medics in AltisLife
    - PVET players can chose to enable a marker on the map for those players who transfer a deposit to them via the cash machines so they can shop with them
    - PVET players get a logo on their chest or a light (some sort of marker) so you can identify they are trader players but you have to get to the front of them to see it. This should make any KoS players at least check it’s a PVET first and introduces a new dynamic
    - PVET players can be held up by normal players and robbed, trader players can active a panic button that will alert other PVET players they are being robbed
    - PVET players can find a very, very rare blue-dye pouch they can pass off in the stolen loot and when 500m away, it will explode ruining any gear the robber took and 50% of what they had
    - A rating system that shows how many PVET's a player has killed and as a result the price goes up for them
    - Form a self-contained and very dynamic mission system by allowing players to use terminals to set up missions themselves and offer their own loot for you to help them with whatever they wish.
          + LiquidShadow has offered 10,000 Krypto to help him farm [insert gear/items here]

+ MrBliss has offered 5,000 Krypto to sit round a fire and tell jokes with him
    - Make a trader city where only PVET players can enter/shop for wholesale discount supplies for themselves for trader to other players.
    - Change the loot system so you are not forced to run in straight lines to buildings so you can skulk round the back of buildings so you can sneak around and still find loot.
    - Make rare, powerful or valuable items very hard to find for non-PVET players so you have to seak out real players and speak with them
    - Make loot spawn only in building where you could find that loot, so no M107’s and Satchel Charges in houses
    - Instead of teleporting tubes, have all players spawn in a small man made airport off the shore with NPC guards and NPC bio-containment control (basically have them scripted to just act as if they are guarding it and you are entering a quarantine zone) more realistic and nice to look at (you could have the PVET city mentioned above here as well)
    - An AI armored and turret-armed bus service that travels the main road with a number of stops so fresh spawn players can get around.
    - If a player is camped (i.e. not moved more than a set distance) and are within 900m of a bus stop the AI gunner on the bus will open fire on them as it arrives
         + If players exiting the bus are fired upon the AI gunner on the bus will retaliate if still in the area and if under fire its self will deploy AI

or

+ Upon arrival AI fresh spawns run from the bus in all directions then de-spawn after 30 seconds.
    - You have a set amount of time to get on the bus from being a fresh spawn after that you can’t use it
    - Killing fresh spawns put you on the bounty board

I feel these additions may help bring a PVE element into the game, its missing this as is every single other game of this nature.

Azz

Sounds like an idea for your own mod man :)

I think some of your issues with Epoch will be fixed though, but no, getting rid of traders won't happen, they are a part of Epoch as much as base building.

then it will forever be PVP, kill a player, take his money/loot, sell it buy more stuff, camp, repeat....

What's wrong with PvP ? without the risk you can't enjoy the game, the feeling you get when you escape or the anger when you lose :lol: No other game gives you that buzz.

Any PvP players are more than welcome on my server, so are PvE players but most of my regulars are PvP and i wouldn't change them :D

Are you really going to defend an argument like "that as long as there are traders in Epoch, it will be a PvP-game?" Seriously?

100%, ill put my PVP camping hat on (and i see this god knows how many times a day).... do I farm, and farm for gear, lock it away, plan how I do it, look over my shoulder, get a team together to maximise it.... or sit in the bushes near a trader and kill someone who obviously has money/gear..... OPTION B YAAAYYYYYYYY,

Edit: Actually you have not understood me, my fault, I mean in their current format I stand by my statement, put the trading element in the hands of a real player, keep trading, but interact with real people to do it.

there is no balance at the mo, its just PVP and you get to build a house, so put base building into wasteland and be done with this.

I have not seen a single PVE interaction on a server unless they knew I was admin and didn't shoot or I was a freshy and even then you got killed 99% of the time, on our Origins server people knew you had more to offer back at base and would stalk you there rather then KoS and take very little, or better yet would strike a deal with you and you would trade gear.

There is nothing wrong with PVP Richie, I like PVP. but this game needs a balance and it will never have it if the easy option is to either kill someone at the trader or kill them on site and take there stuff. I can see them just putting a punishment system in if you act naughty rather than a balanced system where you can make a choice "can i really engage and deal with a group of bounty hunters if I kill this guy....." and then deal with the consequence, a consequence that presents itself as a challenge rather than punishment.

One of my players is pure KoS/PVP/Arsehole lol and another will literally run out of range if he hears a single shot but they never interact, I dont want to take away the PVP I want a ballance where it feels like your surviving. This feels like your seeing how long you can stay alive from being shot rather than any other way you can die in this!

I have played most of the mainstream mods, and only the origins server we had came close to a real balance and was fun and exciting to play that gave you PVA. you wasn't told to be PVE as that's just fake and you feel like your on a babysitting server, it just balanced its self out. we had pure PVP, we still had the KoS and everything in between. PVE players would team up with PVP players and do there farming, base building and taxi'ing for them while they offer protection and good loot.

The only way your getting PVE or player to player interactions on this is if its done in a safe zone where you both know your.... safe... kinda takes the adrenalin rush out of a first encounter if you have to do it the SZ, run away or kill them for risk of the inevitable

So yes I stand by my statement through experience of watching the same happen on every single mod...

It's an interesting topic, and I'm sure the mod can be fine tuned to give the balance you seek.

Firstly, and I've suggested this before, the game needs social areas where players can be safe while they meet others. We had these places in DayZ Epoch, and many allegiance was formed there. I am of course talking about trader cities with God zones. Not the type we have now where we spawn at and run from. No, I'm talking about a trader city that you run to; a trader city that has bright lights drawing you in, and everything is on offer.

Having focal points like Stary on Dayz Epoch, also provided bandits with highwayman like missions, as they planned to ambush and rob players heading to the bright lights.

I know, its the balance I want, not punishment for being a dick lol, if Origins made it to Arma3 it has all the balance right there but lacks customisation we have the option to do both.

Its a talking point and idea portal, people need to get less upset when people put ideas forward otherwise people risk being engaged in arguments just don't bother. If you dont like my ideas then talk about how you would do it and what you would want to see. :)

So here is my take on things.. and please this is just my take/opinion..

Currently and I've been playing on Mellshouse server that Epoch is just a PVP Deathmatch. Again Epoch A3 is still in it's infancy and building to me limits my basebuilding artistic nature therefor I have no concern on base building.

So, with that said. I must answer Why. 

First as I stated base building is built around physics, which is fine but it's still retarded as nothing truly does lock in.. When you use the snapping functions and go to place a floor it will kick up another floor or etc etc. I don't mind the physics side but the object should not have physical properties until you press the drop function.

Second due to it being extremely hard to find a lock box keeping materiel safe is almost impossible if you're by your self. Therefor this well keeps me from wanting to build also.

Third. With base building being well crap hard, the only enjoyment I get is from PVP and with the KOS being the rule of thumb I've had to take the same measure. Then again I like to snipe. I rarely shoot any closer then 800m so actually having a chance to open a dialog with someone well doesn't happen.. The only time I've actually talked to someone was when I was a fresh spawn and got my self into a the middle of a firefight and was not noticed. With nothing to worry about loosing I spoke in direct and asked if I could tag along.

I do feel the OP has some decent points. There should be something more to encourage P&P coperation rather then just a KOS Deathmatch.

Until that happens I'm lone wolfing in the mountain ridges and shooting anything that moves. [btw to add I will let Freshspawns pass if they pose no threat and do not advance towards my position]