Commercial hosts win, communities lose, how come ?

Richie

How come the commercial GSP's can start renting A3 Epoch servers already ? yet the private communities with their own dedicated servers get left out ?

This really seems unfair, fair enough they donated dev servers but they shouldn't get the server files first, is this a one off or the norm for future updates ?

Do i need to rent a shitty overpopulated server so i can transfer the files to my dedi ? :unsure:

I'm ok with the devs giving the server files to hosters so that they can prepare server instances for their paying customers ahead of the official launch.  That makes good logistical sense.  But they should not be permitted to allow their customers to bring the servers online until the files have been released to the general public as well.  Just my 2 cents.  

really ? there are two dev servers with the 0.25.............. omg scandal !!!

do u not think there are testing ?

just wait a little bit and be happy that the public serverfile release is so early :-)

do not understand that you have this really put up a post.

really ? there are two dev servers with the 0.25.............. omg scandal !!!

do u not think there are testing ?

just wait a little bit and be happy that the public serverfile release is so early :-)

do not understand that you have this really put up a post.

I'm not talking about the Dev servers, I'm talking about Vert launching the servers hours ago, they have the latest files that official hosts don't.

So if you want the latest version, go through Vert :( and that stinks

Is that true?

AWOL or someone confirm this? Official servers that have been sticking around for ages don't have up to date files yet, whereas Vert does? Surely not!

Maybe it's a mistake, or maybe they're pre-selling or something?

AWOL or AXLES -  any info on this?

I'm not talking about the Dev servers, I'm talking about Vert launching the servers hours ago, they have the latest files that official hosts don't.

So if you want the latest version, go through Vert :( and that stinks

Is that true?

AWOL or someone confirm this? Official servers that have been sticking around for ages don't have up to date files yet, whereas Vert does? Surely not!

Maybe it's a mistake, or maybe they're pre-selling or something?

AWOL or AXLES -  any info on this?

Look at Verts order page Here, yes it states pre-order but they're actully launching them now and have been all day

Now look at This Post, some guy who has only been a member just over 1 month is advertising his A3 Epoch server, no doubt a Vert customer.

Vert support confirm it 6a1dbb5d28.png

Vert customers already asking for support for BE filters

are vert putting servers up now?

Yeah, they've been doing it since a few hours ago.

Shane

We are working hard on the patch right now. What they have is a "Test" version that is not finished. All official hosts will get the files soon enough and the server files will be made public shortly. 

Thats what i call Marketing and give informations to your community! THX...i will start getting nervous again in 60mins... :D

We are working hard on the patch right now. What they have is a "Test" version that is not finished. All official hosts will get the files soon enough and the server files will be made public shortly. 

Take your time bro i rather have good server files then files that have bugs. Good job to you and your team.

Purfik!

I'm finishing work shortly - can't wait to get a server up & running!!!

You got a lot of excited people here vbawol :D 

We are trying to work out some issues before the files go public, we may not be able to fix them all in time for today's release but the files will be released today.

Well, one of the admins here removed our A3 Epoch server advert from this forum, most likely due to this:

[17:32:27] [VB]AWOL (Epoch): Our GSP supporters deserve to get the files first, you guys second and the public last.

This was said earlier today in the official server hosts group.

Very, very disappointing guys.

Really?

GSPs deserve the files BEFORE the community that grew the mod? 

Hmmm not sure how i feel about that, I thought EPOCH was all about the community - over & above any GSP?

Ahhh well, each to their own I guess, can't say that statement (if it really was a quote) didn't make me a bit sad tho!

GSPs are only so interested because of the market potential - which is such because of the community.

Well, one of the admins here removed our A3 Epoch server advert from this forum, most likely due to this:

[17:32:27] [VB]AWOL (Epoch): Our GSP supporters deserve to get the files first, you guys second and the public last.

Yes lets spam the general discussion with server ads...... :rolleyes: