Some words about explosives

This is WAR

Hi,

from my point of view the building-part of epoch is one of the main parts.  

Like me, i know a lot of Gamer playing Epoch because of Building. That´s why i have some Problems with explosives in this Game. 

First of all - there are too much of them (Satchel charge, etc) 

Second one - when i want to build a base i need lot of time and work to get the materials together to start building - and its unfair when someone who recently found a bomb just drives by - and bomb my work up to the air (so easy).

third - with explosives you don´t need to code locks and doors into the game - cause it make no diffrence. 

I don´t understand why you make such a big part (buildsystem) which is complete anul by bombs.

We started 3 bases and each one is destroyed by bombs - i am loosing my fun with building.

I think my base was attacked by charges and all our gear taken. Plus with the dupe exploits currently in alpha 1 charge can quickly turn to 10 charges :( as above a full 12 hours of building and looting gone in minutes........but hey its the point of the game, just a little annoying at present and can see OP's point entirely.

I tinkered with building a little bit, but I don't really care to build anything until you can lock it down.  I didn't even know there were satchel charges until I found one yesterday.  I was flipping out about it and my buddy was like, "yeah I've been finding a lot of those."  Yeaaaah, I'ma wait a bit lol.  Well, we still don't have like 1/4 or 1/2 floors and such, right?  I am excited to start building though.  Once base building is worthwhile, oh boy!

Agreed, ive come across faaaar too many explosives, I feel that these should be Super rare and players should be a le to mitigate risk by having several layers of walls, or reinforced walls.

Corey, we know it's in alpha, it's our responsibility as testers to report bugs and give feedback so the devs can produce the best gameplay possible. The devs here are very cool and actively promote open discussions about this kind of stuff.

Agreed With Corey ITS ALPHA if u want to build hide it better DUH PvP is there and i believe buildin in alpha is stupid other then to practice becuz lets face fact\

1.When updates come SERVERS WILL BE WIPED 

2.You cant even lock crap up ????so why

3.Most important  ITS ALPHA jeesss cry babies 

4.Vbawaol Knows his stuff and he is backed up by a perfect and well together Team they just made an awsome mod that brought back more arma 3 players then any other mod 

That bein said ......

Thanks to Vbawol and the Devs keep it up boys  B)

My take on it is to make it so explosives do not spawn as complete units. Separate the bombs into items, such as:

1. Plastique (basically a clump of clay-looking mineral plasticine) unusable in its basic form.

2. Primer (a metal rod that can be connected to a variety of different ignition sources a primer is inserted into the plastique)

3. Tar fuse (the classic, you can cut it into different sizes to get a delayed explosion) connects to a primer

4. Timer w/ battery (your digital battery driven timer that at the given time sends a jolt of electricity) connects to a primer

5. Short trigger (the suicide bomber special, essentially a trigger that connects directly to the primer and once shorted jolts and triggers the primer)

6. Radio receiver with jolt (can be set to different wavelengths) connects to a primer

7. Radio transmitter (can be set to different wavelengths)

etc.

All of these should be pretty rare, and having to spend a lot of time to get a craftable explosive makes it more of a rare commodity that you don't just blow away every base you find with.

My take on it is to make it so explosives do not spawn as complete units. Separate the bombs into items, such as:

1. Plastique (basically a clump of clay-looking mineral plasticine) unusable in its basic form.

2. Primer (a metal rod that can be connected to a variety of different ignition sources a primer is inserted into the plastique)

3. Tar fuse (the classic, you can cut it into different sizes to get a delayed explosion) connects to a primer

4. Timer w/ battery (your digital battery driven timer that at the given time sends a jolt of electricity) connects to a primer

5. Short trigger (the suicide bomber special, essentially a trigger that connects directly to the primer and once shorted jolts and triggers the primer)

6. Radio receiver with jolt (can be set to different wavelengths) connects to a primer

etc.

All of these should be pretty rare, and having to spend a lot of time to get a craftable explosive makes it more of a rare commodity that you don't just blow away every base you find with.

Hell yeah!  +1

This seems quite complicated and with good reason but it seems unlikely devs will work this into the game for its limited uses.

if a crafting system for explosive charges were to be created it would make more sense to use some existing items such as a radio for 5 and 6 and a watch for 4

But something that might be more feasible option would limit explosive spawns to a shelf possibly outside mineshaft openings such as the ones near the east side spawn, the item could be remodelled and renamed to Dynamite too and kick a little less, of course this would be a rare spawn to solve the whole issue with explosives currently.

Finding dynamite outside a mineshaft seems like a good place to find it rather than anywhere else.