database lag/players have trouble joining/vehicles spawn slow

auzgamer

Question

hello,

we are having a few issues with the server maybe someone knows a fix

-vehicles take upto 3 minutes to spawn once brought we are running config traders

-when some players get to the count it just times out and they cant join

-sometimes when you die you cant log back in

-vehicles despawn get this message

22:01:36 "["PVAHR_0_ecicwc_PVAHR_0_ecicwc",["Simple Man","xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","DELETED Vehicle with Invalid ID(0): AH6X_DZ @120026"]]"

some things that could cause issues database has 12700 items

running maintenance every 4 days 

server fps drops below 5 even after a restart

player fps seems fine

server specs

6 core full dedicated

6144mb ram

600gb storage

12000gb bandwidth

30 gb ssd

we tried to run the game and database off the ssd but did not make much difference

would it help to run the database on a separate machine?

can you run more cores to the database?

if anyone has this issue or knows a fix please let me know.

10 answers to this question

I had been experiencing the same problem over the last few days with traders being really slow and sometimes vehicles wont appear until after a restart.

after numerous attempts to repair, one of these 2 things fixed my problem, cant say which one it was as I did both at the same time

1. Completely deleted the database, re-created and imported from last backup

2. removed the new mission system i had installed and replaced with one i had working previously

Noticed an immediate difference to trader performance after doing this.

I had been experiencing the same problem over the last few days with traders being really slow and sometimes vehicles wont appear until after a restart.

after numerous attempts to repair, one of these 2 things fixed my problem, cant say which one it was as I did both at the same time

2. removed the new mission system i had installed and replaced with one i had working previously

Hey, do you remove the new WAI 2.1.4?

This mission system created so much lag/fps drops and the traders were slow as hell.

i replaced it with the old WAI system, and now all is fine..

i dont know why there are so much lags with it, it seems to work by most of the players :(

thanks ill give that a try and let you know.

Hey, do you remove the new WAI 2.1.4?

This mission system created so much lag/fps drops and the traders were slow as hell.

i replaced it with the old WAI system, and now all is fine..

i dont know why there are so much lags with it, it seems to work by most of the players :(

Yep it was the new WAI 2.1.4 i removed, went back to old one and all was fine

While replacing WAI with the older version seemed to help, this did not solve the full issue.

So now on to aggressive DB maintenance.

Question is, what is the best way to go about this?  We've already implemented building limit at 300, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how the SQL events (setDamageOnAge and removeOldObjects) interact with the maintenance script.  Furthermore, how is the HiveExt.ini setting related to the two SQL events?

Through brief testing on a test server, I've noticed that the DateStamp field gets updated when you maintain your base, and the LastUpdated field is updated to whenever the SetDamage SQL event runs; does this seem right?  Or might we have some sort of issue within the MaintainArea script? 

It was the WAI 2.1.4 that we had implemented, but since took out in an attempt to remove load on server. Seems that it has more resource requirements than the older version it is based on.

We've managed to weed the server a bit, down to around 9k items. Performance is still rough, but is still playable with 25 players on.