Network message is pending

azazel11

Question

Hey guys,

So I have ran my server with villa epoch and modded epoch. BOTH cause this error in my RPT log.

1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e34 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e35 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e36 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e36 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e37 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e38 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e38 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e39 is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e3a is pending
1:55:09 Server: Network message 4e4e3b is pending

This spams my logs, does anyone have any experience with this? How did you solve it? It causes the worst desync ever!

Thanks, Azazel

The hosted servers are fine imo. the issues arise when they are used for more than they are designed for.

For example, if you buy a 40 slot server and then add 20 AI units you should probably limit your players to 20ish or upgrade to a 55/60 slot to compensate for the extra load..

If you are happy with installing, running and maintaining a game server go with a dedi. if not let the hosts take the load of patching every update to get the addons working correctly, after testing properly.

Ultimately, the arma engine is a very hungry beast, it is used as a military simulator. As modders we inherently try and push the boundaries of what is possible and always optimise it wherever we can..

If there are issues with your hosts they need to know, this version of epoch is running very well on all servers I have tried.

Some responsibility has to be taken by the server owner, if you hire a car and boot it round a county lane in the wet, is not the hire companies fault when you end up wrapped around a tree ;)

^this

I run a dedicated box so.... ;)

is that your whole file? 

What about

MaxSizeGuaranteed

MaxSizeNonguaranteed
MinErrorToSend
MinErrorToSendNear

dont forget that this basic.cfg is setup for MY dedicated box. I'll not suggest you to use it for your server. We dont need the other settings tho, everything is running smooth as it is setup in that basic.cfg

hey guys,

i see a lot of tuning on arma side,but why not mysql?epoch uses db a bit more(traders for example),so a bit tuning might get you few milisecs at the cost of some ram...there you go for windows: http://mysqltuner.codeplex.com/

(linux users wget mysqltuner.pl :) )

it is not tool to listen to every word,but it can give you usefull hints...phpmyadmin has some sort of this also

my epoch(3 players currently,2 incoming:) ) is running on amd neo 6850 cpu(hp 470ex + ssd),so i need every bit of power,usually ~14-16fps server side,with ai its 3-4 fps,i need some tuning there,i tested exthreads,nocb,nosound and cpucount switches,and i can say(without ai) no improvement at all

i'll be testing with ai if i can get something more...(sarge ai probably)

hey guys,

i see a lot of tuning on arma side,but why not mysql?epoch uses db a bit more(traders for example),so a bit tuning might get you few milisecs at the cost of some ram...there you go for windows: http://mysqltuner.codeplex.com/

(linux users wget mysqltuner.pl :) )

it is not tool to listen to every word,but it can give you usefull hints...phpmyadmin has some sort of this also

my epoch(3 players currently,2 incoming:) ) is running on amd neo 6850 cpu(hp 470ex + ssd),so i need every bit of power,usually ~14-16fps server side,with ai its 3-4 fps,i need some tuning there,i tested exthreads,nocb,nosound and cpucount switches,and i can say(without ai) no improvement at all

i'll be testing with ai if i can get something more...(sarge ai probably)

your CPU is way to slow. you will not be able to squeeze more power of it. Its recommended by the dayz devs to run a quadcore cpu with 3ghz on each core. try to disable sarge ai it takes to much cpu power anyways

Delete this linde from basic.cfg;

MaxMsgSend=1024;
Add or change your my.ini @mysql to (important!!! to 512m not 512 or 512k)
max_allowed_packet=512m
and the Pending Message is resolved, no more desync

Tested 24h

Cryten

Where do you locate the ini@mysql?

Hosting with verthosting.

Thanks,

Az

In the root folder of your mysql installation. If they give you a dedicated mysql server it should be on the server in program files.. If not you are sharing the database server with everyone else.. Possibly across the lan, ok but not ideal.. check the settings in hivext.ini to see where mysql is located..

Personally run a dedi. Have had 24 players on a 5 year old Dedi box also running many websites, email and other crap that people seem to require ;), websites all on mysql..

Dedicated mysql is not the choke point, lack of dedicated cpu and ram is more likely the issue.. reduce the max players until the issues go away or remove AI until the issues go away or remove addons until.. you get the idea.

Upgrading soon myself so I can restart the old public/dev server.. When I can find the time to migrate a shed load of Web and email clients. Or win the lottery ;)

I'm at the end ...

no idea what is causing ...

LOG:

http://pastebin.com/BKWqSpsv

Basic.cfg :

language="German";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=93750;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=9;
serverLatitude=51;
serverLongitudeAuto=9;
serverLatitudeAuto=51;
Windowed=0;
MinBandwidth=192000000;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;
MaxMsgSend=92;
MaxSizeGuranteed=64;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=32;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;

mysql my.ini :

[client]

port=3307

[mysql]

default-character-set=latin1

[mysqld]

port=3307

basedir="C:/mysql2/"

datadir="C:/msql2/data/Data/"

character-set-server=latin1

default-storage-engine=INNODB

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

max_connections=10000
query_cache_size=186M
table_cache=1520
tmp_table_size=67M
thread_cache_size=38

myisam_max_sort_file_size=100G
myisam_sort_buffer_size=67M

key_buffer_size=290M
read_buffer_size=64K
read_rnd_buffer_size=256K
sort_buffer_size=256K

innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=12M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_buffer_size=6M
innodb_buffer_pool_size=563M
innodb_log_file_size=113M
innodb_thread_concurrency=18

:(

Can not imagine it is located on a script.  I think it comes from the mysql database. Network use 12%, CPU 15% @ 50 players very low.

The Lags an desync comming always at 19-21h clock

18:00 clock = 50Player = No Lag and No desync
20:00 clock = 40 Player = Lag and desync and player disconnect with "no signatur check timeout"

I'm at the end ...

no idea what is causing ...

LOG:

http://pastebin.com/BKWqSpsv

Basic.cfg :

language="German";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=93750;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=9;
serverLatitude=51;
serverLongitudeAuto=9;
serverLatitudeAuto=51;
Windowed=0;
MinBandwidth=192000000;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;
MaxMsgSend=92;
MaxSizeGuranteed=64;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=32;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;

I'd probably start with increasing MaxMsgSend, and perhaps remove the MaxSize arguments (or set them higher) - you are essentially sending out lots of small packets, when a lot of these could be aggregated into larger packets.

I very much doubt MySQL is the problem, not to mention majority of your settings in the MySQL config are overkill. On a 50 slot server, I would imagine the entire working set would fit in ~5-15MB of memory - probably even less. The one setting which may see a minor performance increase is setting "innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit" to 0 - the trade off being you may lose ~1 second of data if the mysql process bombs out - not really a big deal in the DayZ world.

The Lags an desync comming always at 19-21h clock

18:00 clock = 50Player = No Lag and No desync

20:00 clock = 40 Player = Lag and desync and player disconnect with "no signatur check timeout"

Could that coincide with a database backup or some other schedule. Is probably one of the busiest times for a server. Once the desync starts it may be taking time to 'catch up' ?

We first started our Epoch server with version 1.0.2.1, and had it loaded with custom map adds as well as many scripts including both the Chernarus Mission pak and Sarge AI. All of the dynamic spawns were used with Sarge Ai as well as all of the heli patrols. With 25-30 people on the server, we never had any lag or desync issues. Since we have installed the latter upates to 1.0.2.3, we have had constant problems with desync. We no longer receive all the network error messages, as a matter of fact, zero error messages but the 100000 desynce problem is so prevalent, we are losing players over it.

It doesn't matter if we have all the scripts or none of the scripts loaded and so far, the dozen or so different basic.cfg files I've tried have had no effect on reducing it. When we were running 1.0.2.1, we used the default basic.cfg file and had zero problems. Under 1.0.2.3, nothing seems to work. Could it be a problem in the server code? I also have read on other mod forums that people are and have been having the same 100000 desync problem within those mods so could that be a Dayz code problem that exists across all of the mods??

The current file we use is attached but at 15-20 players, the server is almost unplayable.

MaxMsgSend=256;
MinBandwidth=768000;
MaxBandwidth=104857600;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.039999999;
MinErrorToSend=0.001;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
    maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=-74;
serverLatitude=46;
serverLongitudeAuto=-74;
serverLatitudeAuto=46;

BTW, the DB currently holds less than 2000 items.

Hello,

I got the same issue. More desync when we are 10+ players on the server.

My basic.cfg file :

MinBandwidth=104857600;
MaxBandwidth=104857600;
MaxMsgSend=1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;
MinErrorToSend=0.003;
MaxCustomFileSize=50000;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};

Im frustated e disperato in questo momento , voglio dire grandi server come MGT o altri eseguire 50 + slot e hanno nessuno di questi problemi menzionati ultimamente .

So che alcuni di questi amministratori hanno messo tanta energia e lavoro nei loro server in modo che possano gestire 50 + giocatori facilmente, ma non sarebbe molto più impressionante se tutti potessimo fornire stabile e regolare esecuzione dei server epoca alla comunità dayz ? Epoch ha un enorme clamore in questo momento, abbiamo il maggior numero di server in dayzcommander e il suo cresce ogni giorno .

Ho avuto una conversazione con dave da MGT e mi ha detto che sono in esecuzione mysqlite da pwnozor . A questo punto quando ha detto che ho avuto un problema di connessione con il mio ISP e non sono riuscito a coglierlo in TS ultimamente per avere qualche informazione più approfondita riguardo. Dave se leggete questo e questo è una sorta di " segreto" mi hai detto im dispiace per questo .

Ma im cercando di offrire la migliore esperienza possibile per i miei giocatori tutti i giorni , e tutti i nuovi giocatori di un'epoca che inciampare sul mio server , e testare questa assolutamente bellissimo mod .

E ' davvero difficile per l'amministratore di gestire così tanti giocatori .. Ci potrebbe essere una soluzione per rendere tutto il processo liscia ..