Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnyMST

Cannot connect to server via FTP FileZilla

Question

Hi guys,

I'm trying to connect to my server but I get an error:

Error:    Could not connect to server

I am with Vilayer and I am using the FTP IP Address that they provided on the main page

So as my login details I use the following:
FTP Address:195.154.173.91:8821

In FileZilla:
Host: 195.154.173.91

Username: username

Password: password

Port: 8821

Am I doing this right? should the port be after the " : " from my IP address?

5 answers to this question

check your settings to see what port its trying to connect to.

The default port is 21 so you will prob have to change it to your port 8821

ignore me lol. i just read you have your port set at 8821... thats what not enough sleep does to you :|

Try using your username that you log in to the cpanel instead of root. I think root is only used for the mysql

JohnyMST likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Bloodline|Coins|Free Building Kit|Max Vehicles|Missions
      By Bloodline-Clan
      DayZLauncher - Mods Required for the servers are DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1, Overwatch 0.2.5 Overpoch Chernarus @ 45.59.68.36:2300  Teamspeak info: apollo.typefrag.com:6420 If you not sure check out the Twitch Streamhttp://www.twitch.tv/zylon180  Sponsored Listing on dayz Launcher! Server Features: • 24/7 Day • Custom Loadout • Custom Missions. • Fast Trading (Chernarus & Panthera Only) • God Mode, Anti BP, Zombie Shield & disabled guns in trader cities • Self Blood Bag • Deploy/Repack Bike, • Auto Refuel/Rearm/Repair @ trader heli pads & gas stations • Snap Build Pro • Build Vector • Indestructible Cinder and Metal • 1 Step Build • No Weight • Coins  • Enhanced spawn selection  
    • TEA PARTY | EPOCH ORIGINS | Lingor V2.3.1 | SURVIVAL SERVER
      By MatthewK
      Server Address: 164.132.82.25  Server Port: 2302
      Find us on DayZ Launcher, search for: Tea Party  
      You will need these mods: (loaded in this order)
      Lingor(Skaro 2.3.1) 
      Origins(1.7.9.5) 
      DayZ Epoch(1.0.5.1)  They need to load in that order too..
      -mod=@DayZLingorSkaro;@DayzOrigins1795;@DayZ_Epoch1051

A father son project. My son owns the server, I do the scripting and ranting at GTX when it breaks :p
      My son designs the monthly loading screen and makes an appearance every now and then! 

This is a PVP PVE server. You choose how you want to play, but ultimately this is not an easy server. 
      There are no safe zones and no rules other than "dont be a douche and don't hack/cheat".
      If you don't like old school DayZ, scavenging for limited supplies, getting knocked out by zeds or
      having a realtime 24hour day/night cycle, then this server isn't for you. 

The basic features: (we try to keep the scripts to a minimum, sorry!)

- Map: Lingor Skarinator. The version without the buggy barrack doors that trap you and other stuff!
      - First time you log in, you get a map and a bandage. Use the map to get orientated.
      ------ After that, you'll spawn a new life with no gear. (biscuits not included!).
      - No crossair, veteran setting. I'm a badass at no scoping since playing on this server :p
      - AI Missions (combination of DZMS and my own custom scripts)
      - Roaming AI (WAI, ground vehicle spawns only. So you hear them coming!)
      - Factions (choose your faction and work towards Level 1 bandit / hero)
      ----- Choose Bandit faction for example and Mission AI / Zed Kills give negative humanity. 
      ----- Choosing a faction does not give you access to that factions Level 1 trader :p
      - 5 Hero/Bandit levels giving access to better traders and Origin houses/stronghold.
      - Custom scripted KeyCode system: Buy a vehicle, then put your key in a safe. 
      ----- Only vehicle owners can lock/unlock their vehicle without a key and GPS locate their vehicles.
      - Plot Management that works like Plot4Life (when you add yourself to the friends list)
      ----- Add friends to your plot pole and they can also access your origins house / garages .
      ------- Police Stations and Boat Houses (the big brown house) within your plot range will let you open
      --------- and close their doors. Epoch broke the door opening , so I fixed it and made it a feature. 
      - No self bloodbag (your blood regenerates over time). 
      - No auto refuel (but each fuel station has a generator, so get out, turn it on and the fuel pump will work).
      - No auto repair. You have to fix stuff the old fashioned way, by finding parts and doing it manually.
      - All vehicle traders sell the same vehicles and all gun traders sell the same weapons (for simplicity).
      ------ The only exception to this rule is Hero/Bandit traders and the Black market trader.
      - There are traders not marked on the map, some spawn randomly others are static. Discover!
      - Zombies will die with headshots, not so easy to kill them any other way. 
      ------ This is a zombie apocalypse , my son wanted to make Zombies a real threat, so now they are.
      ------ Tip: Shoot them in the legs to slow them down if you get overwhelmed. 
      ------ Bonus humanity is awarded for killing Zeds over a certain distance.
      ------ When you reach Level 5 Hero/Bandit, you no longer receive humanity for killing zeds.

Upcoming feature(s):

- Achievement system. Based on the original DayZ Mod , minus the silly achievements of course!
      - Humanity loss over time and for dying. Keeping your reputations should be an ongoing process!
      - Drug dealer and associated side missions.
      - More missions, achievement based missions with good rewards for your efforts :)

I work most week days and don't get on until late evening. If you experience any issues, post here.

Time for a cup of tea, catch you laters!  

• Looking For A Scripting Wizzard !!!
      By DirtyGranny
      Hi,
      I'm looking for a scripting wizz who can help me integrate a series of EpochServer & MPMission files into my current files using TC admin (GTX Gaming)... sounds easy but I'm not entirely confident so am reaching out for help on this one.
      Fully prepared to pay for your valued service.. and just as happy to accept any gracious charity should you prefer 
      Look forward to hearing from you.
      Many thanks! 
    • Epoch Discord Server Open
      By Robio
      Epoch Discord is open.
      https://discord.gg/0k4ynDDCsnMzkxk7
      It's a work in progress. Channels will be added as needed. 
      Rules that apply here also apply there. DO NOT PM the dev's if they happen to be there! You may PM me instead.
      Download the app at: https://discordapp.com/apps
    • Cinibuns Militarized Dayz Overpoch|Starter Kit
      By Th3_C1N1BUN
      Hello, I have recently put up a Dayz Overpoch server which has Custom map edits, Custom missions, And starter kits!  The Admins are nice but we do have one slot open and when you join just say to an admin "can I have my starter kit." We are also militarized!
      Name: Cinibun's Militarized Overpoch Server|Starter Kits
      IP:  63.143.35.119:2302