Sign in to follow this  
ftshill

Start music only as new spawn

Question

Currently on my server I have added start music. Every time you load into the server you are greeted by the start music which play for around 10-20 seconds. Some players have been complaining that the music can be distracting if they are loading into a sticky situation. Therefore I have been trying to find a way to only make the music play when the player is a new spawn. E.g. has no gear and is at one of the starting spawn.

If anyone has any ideas how to achieve this, please help me out!  :)

1 answer to this question

In your init.sqf;

if (!isNil "playersLoaded") then { playersLoaded = [];};

In your script that executes the sound;

if (!((getPlayerUID player) in playersLoaded)) then {
    //play sound code goes here
    playersLoaded = playersLoaded + [(getPlayerUID player)];
    publicVariable "playersLoaded";
};

In your publicvariable.txt add to the first line (The one that has 5 "");

!="playersLoaded"

This SHOULD work, but is untested as I just wrote it now :)

ALTERNATIVELY!

You could also optimise this to be more friendly on network traffic by using publicVariableServer calls.

In your server_functions.sqf;

if (isNil "serverPlayersLoaded") then { serverPlayersLoaded = [];};

fnc_HandleLoadedPlayers = {
    private ["_vars","_uid","_owner"];
    _vars = _this select 1;
    _uid = _vars select 0;
    _owner = _vars select 1;
    if (!(_uid in serverPlayersLoaded)) then {
        serverPlayersLoaded = serverPlayersLoaded + [_uid];
        serverHasUID = true;
        _owner publicVariableClient "serverHasUID";
    };
};

"serverCheckUID" addPublicVariableEventHandler fnc_HandleLoadedPlayers;

In your script that spawns the sounds;

if (isNil "serverHasUID") then { serverHasUID = false; };

serverCheckUID = [(getPlayerUID player),owner player];
publicVariableServer "serverCheckUID";

if (!serverHasUID) then {
    // play sound
};

This will make sure that the server only sends the network message to the client requesting it, instead of all clients simultaneously. Dont forget to add this in your publicvariable.txt;

!="serverCheckUID" !="serverHasUID"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By palladiumm
      I have been able to add zombie spawners and such to epoch, so i have had success adding items in mission.sqm.  I am trying to make an area trigger that plays music when players enter it. I have created it in the editor and it works fine. I just cannot seem to get it to work on the epoch server. I placed code into the description.ext and i think that code is bad, and maybe the copied code for mission.sqm needs to be changed.
      Can someone please post a complete one? (Just the parts I need, not a complete mission.sqm, or description.ext, unless you want to) So I can study it? I wont be able to modify an existing "safe zone dome" code or other code, as i have worked on this for 3 days. I have seen multiple posts, most of which were for "Arma2" Epoch. I have really worked at this and just cant get it. Please help.
      Also, i did make an intro music for my epoch server, and it works great. So, i have a CfgSounds area in description.ext, and i was putting the trigger into a Sensors area below Items in mission.sqm.
      Thank You for any help
    • By Fabian Mueller
      Hello Community,
      today i updated the Server to the 0.3.8.0 and now i have this error:
      Warning Message: Script \x\addons\a3_epoch_code\init\fn_init.sqf not found
      I tryed a fresh Installation but the same error.
      I hope you can help me :)

Sorry for my Englisch ;)
      Hello from Germany ;)
    • By turtles
      Hello Epoch Community,

I do not know much about scripting besides the basics. I am trying to add music that will play when AI hunt down players. I want the music to be played global, and I don't want the music to overlap every time an additional AI patrol joins in to hunt a player. 
      Now, I have tried using tons of scripts on the internet which show the basics of how to play sounds, but no matter what I do I cannot get them to play with AI reinforcements.
      I have a private server for me and just a few friends, so I want the music to be global. I have the AI as police so I was thinking something like PayDay music to play when cops start chasing the players. I have tried tons of different code but nothing happens. If anyone could help that would be great. If you could also give a step by step guide that would be incredible, because I know little to nothing about where to put the lines of code and stuff.
    • By rav009
      In my server,I only install the epoch mod and DZMS mod.
      But no missions were started or showed on map after I entered the game. Is it necessary to start a mission by the server admin manually?Or it will start automatically, so I need be patient?

Please help, thanks.
    • By unerground2
      Hello i would like to bring back the random scenery sounds from arma2 Dayz to my epoch server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WicdjM0aE5w

Does anyone have a script that plays sound files randomly???

• Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord