[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

Haliakala:

I guess this is a good starting point to gather all neccessary information together to solve the basic issues mentioned all over the forum.

Then not everyone else who is new is running in these issues again and will need to read all the (21-xx) pages again to search for all of this. People would be very pleased. And maybe the mod author would be happy to add a link to such a collective post to the starting page.

Just an idea ;)))

the chopper and script work great, but every time there is a server restart the pad disappears. Can't seem to figure out why. Great script but the players dont want to have to buy a new pad every restart any suggestions on where to look

Its covered in the comments. Just read through.

Hi,

Before people Say 'read all the pages' I have.

I still cannot get the helipad to remain after the restart, even after doing the playeruidold fix.

I am on epoch napf, 1.0.5.1, latest arma patch, and all my players are using the steamid code, not the legacy gamespy

Anyone have any idea on how to fix / what is the fix?

thanks this worked for me

Managed to do a bit of hunting around and found a workaround which I have tried and appears to work.

From the SetEvacChopper.sqf if you remove the "_playerUID" out of the private line and add in the following

_playerUID = getPlayerUIDOld player;

Again in the EcacChopper_init.sqf @ line 82 change the following from getPlayerUID to getPlayerUIDOld

This seems to convert the steam ID in to the old UID format.

I have tested on restart and everything seems to work fine  :D

Nice! I'm using it!

On SetEvacChooper.sqf, line 94:

for "_i" from 1 to 10 do
{
	systemChat(format ["Building of Evac-Chopper starts in %1s - Move to cancel",_cnt]);
	if (player distance _locationPlayer > 0.2) then { //LINE 94!!!
		systemChat("Building of Evac-Chopper canceled");
		s_player_makeEvacChopper = -1;
		breakOut "exit";
	};
	sleep 1;
	_cnt = _cnt - 1;
};
_locationPlayer is undefined. I defined it like bellow:

_locationPlayer = getPos player; //ADDED LINE!!!
for "_i" from 1 to 10 do
{
	systemChat(format ["Building of Evac-Chopper starts in %1s - Move to cancel",_cnt]);
	if (player distance _locationPlayer > 0.2) then {
		systemChat("Building of Evac-Chopper canceled");
		s_player_makeEvacChopper = -1;
		breakOut "exit";
	};
	sleep 1;
	_cnt = _cnt - 1;
};
Is this correct?

Thankyou!

[RELEASE] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.5 (Updated 11/01/2014)

Changes: Fixed (heli pad disappear after reboot), fixed small error, improvements, code optimization (tidy)

I added 3 new class names in the list of allowed choppers: CH53_DZE, USEC_ch53_E, MH60S_DZE

Have Fun!

Best regards

hellraver

Hint: This is a unofficial version and is not from Otternas3!!!

JAEM_v1.5.zip

IDEA:

A return function to send the heli back to the Evac point to rid of the relaying/need of another player to get everything back in order.

Not sure if anyone has any intentions of improvement for this mod, just though it would be a cool addition if anyone can pull it off.   :).

I could write it ;-) Only I do not quite understand the sense?

[RELEASE] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.6 (Updated 11/03/2014)

Changes: Fixed some small errors, some improvements (user-friendly functions help, creating a evac-chopper near traders not more possible...), player action with Sound (sfx)

Particulars: Call Evac menu now appears always.

When "Call Evac-Chopper" need a Radio and the player has no a Radio appears a Text Message.

When the player calling a evac-chopper and the distance is to low appears a Text Message.

If the player create, change or clear a Evac-Chopper and is in action then they hear now a repair Sound :D

Have Fun!

Best regards

hellraver

Hint: This is a unofficial version and is not from Otternas3!!!

JAEM_v1.6.zip

I'm getting this error in client rpt:

Error in expression < "PartVRotor";
};

if (_damage >= 1 && (_part == "PartEngine" || _part == "PartV>
  Error position: <_part == "PartEngine" || _part == "PartV>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _part
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\custom\scripts\JAEM\CallEvacChopper.sqf, line 101

It works fine just I like a clean rpt if possible. I'm using JAEM v1.4

Ok to much to read through but got everything working prefectly except one thing, server restarts wipes all evac chopper locations...wat did i do wrong or wat can i change

What did you do wrong? You do not have the new update 1.5 or 1.6 installed.

This they have done wrong ^^ Or why bring I get an update out?

got it working using the fix

_number_string = getPlayerUIDOld _playertemp;

It also works with the new Version. I have integrated this fix ^^

I'm getting this error in client rpt:

Error in expression < "PartVRotor";
};

if (_damage >= 1 && (_part == "PartEngine" || _part == "PartV>
  Error position: <_part == "PartEngine" || _part == "PartV>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _part
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\custom\scripts\JAEM\CallEvacChopper.sqf, line 101
It works fine just I like a clean rpt if possible. I'm using JAEM v1.4

It works fine? If you use 1.4 it can not works fine well because the heli pad disappears after reboot or not? ^^

Cubriton,

I found the problem, and i believe this affect everyone with the vanilla database:

Evac Choopas script try to put the Steam ID in the collum CharacterID of the table object_data of the data base, but this collum acepts only 11 digits, and the Steam ID have 17 digits.

• 2 weeks later...

im using version 1.4 on 3 server and works fine, the pad stay after restart

Not possible!

Evac Choopas script try to put the Steam ID in the collum CharacterID of the table object_data of the data base, but this collum acepts only 11 digits, and the Steam ID have 17 digits.

That is correct! I could have told you also say ^^

Using Version 1.4 with a little change I read in this Thread... only to change somewhere PlayerUID to PlayerUIDOld... something like that...

So the Script will not use SteamID anymore ;-)

Use Evac 1.4 since a few month, pad stays after restart.... just take a few little hours to read the whole Thread, somerwhere you will find the fix...

I could write it ;-) Only I do not quite understand the sense?

i know its been a while since the post about the send back feature. but the sense in the send back feature would be to make it possible for a lone wolf or just someone with no one online to give them a hand can send the heli back once they have returned to their body/vehicle.  example: you fly to a mission, post up a few hundred meters out and an ai gets a lucky pot shot and lands one in your head. you respawn, call heli. fly back grab your gear finish the mission, send back the evac, hop in your original heli and go back about your business.  makes plenty of sense to me. could make it optional even.