[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

My server is still running 103718 and it has a key with a chopper on the pad.  Epoch version 1.0.4.2.  The script works as intended until I reboot the server.  After server reboot I do not get an option to call the chop.  If i go to the chopper the pad is there, but the only option i get is to set evac chopper.  I don't get the option to even clear the pad that is currently on the ground.  So i go ahead and set a new evac chopper and another pad goes down on top of the existing one.  At this point the evac chop works until server restart again.  This goes on and on.  So far I have like 3 or 4 heli pads on top of each other from having to keep setting a new evac chopper after each restart.

N1 Zed - i'll give it another go - but I was unlucky - I got it running on my 1.0.4.2 server with no issues -  installs and and I get no errors.... have you had to edit anything - or are they the vanilla scripts from Otters DL ..?

cheers

**EDIT** Now running on 1.0.5.1 - no issues so far.... all I did was move the call in the .init down a line...

Are you sure you addet the 3 Battleye files that came with the script ?

They look different to me....

Copy these 3 files from the downloaded JAEM_v1.4 to your Servers BattlEye filters folder:
If you already have edited ones you need to compare my changes!
remoteexec.txt
waypointcondition.txt
waypointstatement.txt

Yes, I tested it before and read a post with my changes and tested it out, thought would maybe fixx that problem. But  I get kicked from the game by PublicVariable Restriction #3, if i want to crate an evac chopper and if I call the evac chopper by waypoint condition.

Yes, I tested it before and read a post with my changes and tested it out, thought would maybe fixx that problem. But  I get kicked from the game by PublicVariable Restriction #3, if i want to crate an evac chopper and if I call the evac chopper by waypoint condition.

If you look in your PublicVeriable.log you might see what restriction you are being kicked for and then find it in your PublicVeriable’s

The restriction is usually around 2 lines below, that the nr the restriction informed you in game.

Then you can comment that restriction out // or change the 5 to a 1 (1 meaning Log the restriction og 5 being kick for restriction )

(I am sure it would be more correct if you adjusted the line somehow, but sadly I don’t know how)

I've tested this with Epoch 1.0.5.1 and Arma 2 125402 and although the helipad is being created in the game, it's not being written to the database. Is this due to the new UID's, which are quite long?

Yep, same issue as with mine.  Saving playerUIDs to the characterID field is just not possible anymore (SteamID = 16 chars from what I have seen, characterID field is 11 digits).

OtterNas3 and I had been discussing moving away from saving in the characterID column for a number of weeks now and came to agreement on a solution.  I have spent most of the day working on it for my mod and will have a chat with Otter so we can align.  No point both of us reinventing each others work and we can both troubleshoot the common base code.  Mine is just about ready for my first alpha test.

vbawol has suggested we may be able to change the characterID column to a bigint which would fix all of these types of issues with the SteamID being too big.  Obviously needs testing fully.

Bug report on GitHub.

Update:  Does not work.  The hiveext.dll has the field hard coded as a int.  vbawol will take a look.  I have provided the details int he bug report.

Can someone please clarify for me……What are you all talking about?  :huh:

What new version OA ? We are forced to do what ? Because off Steam?

Does someone have a link to what you all talking about….please  :unsure:

Can someone please clarify for me……What are you all talking about?  :huh:

What new version OA ? We are forced to do what ? Because off Steam?

Does someone have a link to what you all talking about….please  :unsure:

You are now required to run Arma 2 OA beta 1.63. If you don't own a Steam copy of Arma 2, you need to activate your CD key on Steam. How could you NOT see the posts about this? No link needed. Just go look in the General Discussion forum.

Mine works fine and I have 1.0.5.1, 112555, and 1.63. The only issue I am having is when I designate a chopper, the old helipad doesn't disappear. Now I have two helipads at my base. Any ideas?

That's because 112555 doesn't use the new Steam ID's. You'll need to update soon to the newest beta, and then this won't work for you.

Immaterial.

It does not work with the new version of ARMA 2 OA we are all being forced to move to due to changes Steam is requiring.

FYI, its not Steam requiring it.  Well they are if you want to play anymore lol.  Gamespy, which is who hosts the multiplayer now, is shutting down. Thus we now use the ingame browser through steam instead of Gamespy.  If you are still connecting the old way and haven't updated you may work for another few days, but when Gamespy goes completely offline you will have to update.