[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

Recently downloaded this and having the same issues as the rest.

I created the evac - pad, tped 700m away. Called evac and it came and got me. Took heli back to evac pad (flew it there) and had someone kill me. Spawn in, call the choppa and no chopper is found on pad.

But when I go to create a new one, it never deletes the old one. So now there are two evac pads sitting there.

The files are in the first post...

Those files will not work correctly for me, It works but it does not work correctly, this is the problem for most people which is why I said if someone has a working version without issue they could share them instead of telling everyone they did something wrong..makes more sense to me anyway..

Those files will not work correctly for me, It works but it does not work correctly, this is the problem for most people which is why I said if someone has a working version without issue they could share them instead of telling everyone they did something wrong..makes more sense to me anyway..

The files are working fine, maybe it is your antihack or whatnot.

Just curious, couldnt find anyone having asked this question already, so this is my question:

Is it possible to get a script added so you can send the helicopter back to its pad?

I would find it very useful if you could land somewhere, send the heli back then continue on with taking out a player/AI then when youre done, recall it to your current location

I figured out a fix for 1.0.4.2.

This line in your custom variable.sqf 

dayz_allowedObjects = dayz_allowedObjects + ["HeliHRescue"];  

or if you don't have a custom variable.sqf this line

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\JAEM\variables.sqf";    (because all this points to is a file with only the above code in it)

Does nothing.

in your custom variable.sqf around line 581 you need to add "HeliHRescue" to your allowed objects 

Its worked for me through 3 server restarts. hope it works for you too.

And I would suggest removing those lines of code up top from your init or custom variable to tidy things up.

Problem:

This line in the EvacChopper_init.sqf:

_evacFields = nearestObjects [player, ["HeliHRescue"], 30000];

...takes so long that it triggers the "onHackedData" event, defined in your server config, when you run a large map like Sauerland.... which, in my case, bans everyone on connect now.

• 2 weeks later...

The script does not find a chopper after death or after disconnecting.

I created the evac - pad, tped 700m away. Called evac and it came and got me. Took heli back to evac pad (flew it there) and had someone kill me. Spawn in, call the choppa and no chopper is found on pad.

I am having this issue in epoch 1.0.4.2, chernarus map.  evac is good until you die, then you still have the option to call chopper, but it can't be found.  The code looks good to me, its just searching for evac fields under the player's ID.  Help would be nice, but at this point its just wishful thinking.  I'll fiddle around with it and if I come across a solution, I WILL post it.

What should happen on restart?

The Player Evac-Field is stored to the Database and is tied to the playerUID and not the characterID, so he will be the owner of it until you stop hosting your server, wipe your database, or the player decides to remove it by making it at another position!

First of all, really great script!

I'm a little bit confused about what you said. Because in my case it's this way:

When you lost your chopper and assign another one at a different place, a second Evac-Field is placed and the first still remains.

Isn't there a way to get rid of the heli pads, when it's saved to the database?

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read the posts before :rolleyes:

HeliHRescue, alright....

Hi,

if someone like me wants to keep the engine on when the evac heli arrives, add this line:

evacChopper engineOn true;

at this place in CallEvacChopper.sqf:

//We delete the AI Pilot his group and the Evac-Zone Marker
waitUntil{{_x in evacChopper} count units group evacChopperPilot == 0};
{deleteWaypoint _x} forEach waypoints evacChopperGroup;
deleteVehicle evacChopperPilot;
evacChopper engineOn true;
waitUntil{sleep 0.5; count units group evacChopperPilot == 0};
deleteGroup evacChopperGroup;
deleteVehicle _heliHRescue;

Then you can directly drop in and fly away.