[RELEASE] Build Snapping - Extended v1.6 (Updated 02/20/2014)

OtterNas3

Have got this working fine with next to no problems.

The main problem we do get is the odd bit of Wall will flip round so it's backwards when activating the toggle. There is no way to turn it back either so you have to either place it backwards or disable via the toggle

Question about using this in 1.0.4.2 -

So, the instructions on the very first page of this topic says that if you already have a custom player_build.sqf it doesn't matter.  What I didn't understand is...do I keep both the one in my custom (Scripts) folder since this snapping tool also has a player_build in the \custom\snap_build folder or do I delete the other?

Also, when I do a side by side comparison of the current player_build to the one posted above, I noticed that some variable names change. 

For example, look at line 568 and compare the default to the one in the snap tool(and the one noted above in post#146)

In the default, line 568 shows   _tmpbuild

In the snap version, line 568 shows _object

Is that suppose to be different like that because that is what makes "snap" work?

Also, there is nothing noted about either commenting out or deleting the line in the compiles.sqf call at the very beginning (line 98).

Thanks...sorry if this is a noob question.

Cheers,

Fubar

1.6 doesn't seem to work with 1.0.4.2.

Crazy, cause the only thing i changed was in the player_build.sqf

changed this:

if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {
			_limit = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount");
		};

To this:

if (DZE_StaticConstructionCount > 0) then {
			_limit = DZE_StaticConstructionCount;
		}
		else {
			if (isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {
				_limit = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount");
			};
		};

And it works fine on my machine ^^

Hello, I have the following problem on my Epoch Namalsk server "Snapping is not available for this object.

I have tried it with all walls and grounds, however, no wall lets itself snapping.

I think the names of the Items on my server are differently as than in script. Can I check this somewhere?

Used to work flawlessly for me until v1.5 (epoch 1.0.4.1) but whatever fix I am trying right now, the "Toggle Snapping"  option does not show up. Tried without AH, disabled some options in AH, added exceptions. Whatever I do, it won't show up. I am using it in combination with the same mods/addons as before but no "toggle snapping for me.  RPT log shows no message related to the snapping, I'm lost. (used google, opendayz and this forum to find a solution) Help would be appreciated:)

edit: using v1.6 + Epoch 1.0.4.2a 

Nevermind, problem solved. What did the trick for me, step 4:

If you dont have a custom compiles.sqf do step ( A )

If you already have a custom compiles.sqf do step ( B )

With this step it seems I have a choice, I did not. I had to do them both. Not sure if it's good practice, but it did the trick for me. Hope this helps for someone else.

What's new in 1.6?

Crazy, cause the only thing i changed was in the player_build.sqf

changed this:

if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {

};

To this:

if (DZE_StaticConstructionCount > 0) then {

_limit = DZE_StaticConstructionCount;

}

else {

if (isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {

};

};

And it works fine on my machine ^^

That's it I think, he posted this like 4 posts above you.

So the only change was that he made use of the newly introduced DZE_StaticConstructionCount command.