[RELEASE] Build Snapping - Extended v1.6 (Updated 02/20/2014)

OtterNas3

The only cinder walls that have this "gap" are the Half-Cinderwalls but this is on purpose, upgrade them and the next Half-Cinderwall will snap in perfect position!

Yeah for the most part this works awesome! and saves us all a lot of time but here's a picture.

Hopefully that will mean something lol.

This wall in the picture was built completely using the snap in.

4hqhy.png

You can clearly see the HUGE gap between the left and right wall.

As I said above these walls were both built using the snap in.

Yeah for the most part this works awesome! and saves us all a lot of time but here's a picture.

Hopefully that will mean something lol.

This wall in the picture was built completely using the snap in.

4hqhy.png

You can clearly see the HUGE gap between the left and right wall.

As I said above these walls were both built using the snap in.

Was this gap right on building or after the restart of the server? Cause when i build a cinderwall i have no gap between left and right, but after restart the building parts "shifts" alittle bit, that is normal behaviour from the "built flat" fix that epoch uses so the built items doesnt follow the angle of terrain level .

For some reason the snapping stopped working (no option to toggle visible) for my players on the server. Any ideas what went wrong? (havent been changing anything)

Forgot to add:

Yes, i have s_building_snapping added to whitelist 

I have a similar problem with the anti-hack kicking people 3 secs after they start building without even using the snapping. It was working great till the new infistar patch came out v.AH0320B. Anyone find a fix for this? And yes I'm whitelisting the s_building_snapping too. 

Thanks,

-silk

Was this gap right on building or after the restart of the server? Cause when i build a cinderwall i have no gap between left and right, but after restart the building parts "shifts" alittle bit, that is normal behaviour from the "built flat" fix that epoch uses so the built items doesnt follow the angle of terrain level .

Yup perfectly level before a restart.

Afterwards its a gap like you can see. Any way to stop that? or is it just normal and nothing we can do?

Hey OtterNas3

I have noticed that after doing a line of Walls it slowly bends in making the walls coming in anything you could do too fix that ? 

Peter Beer

Thank You

I didnt noticed a bend when building a wall, even if its 100m long but i will have a look at it again

Yup perfectly level before a restart.

Afterwards its a gap like you can see. Any way to stop that? or is it just normal and nothing we can do?

There is nothing i can do about this behaviour.

I cant predict if the walls on that position gets shifted after restart.

The moving of the objects after restart is not only sideways, they do move forward, backward also, sometimes.

Its just a small amount if they do but not predictable.

sorry :unsure:

I didnt noticed a bend when building a wall, even if its 100m long but i will have a look at it again

There is nothing i can do about this behaviour.

I cant predict if the walls on that position gets shifted after restart.

The moving of the objects after restart is not only sideways, they do move forward, backward also, sometimes.

Its just a small amount if they do but not predictable.

sorry :unsure:

No worries dude, if it can't be helped :D

It's still saving a lot of time for my users. I just cover the gaps with metal panels etc as I have some users that tend to shoot through the gaps just to damage peoples vehicles etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Question about this part of your code:

_needNear = 	getArray (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "neednearby");

{
	_need = _x select 0;
	_distance = _x select 1;

I am comparing your player_build.sqf to the player_build.sqf in the newest version of Epoch and well.. when I open and look at the CfgMagazines.hpp file, I am never seeing that second variable for the "neednearby" being set for the _distance.  Now in the dayz_code I see it hard sets the "_distance = 30;" for the fueltank...

So will this cause any issues or just don't worry about it?

Try with metal panels, that effect is usually persistent from the first metal panel you build on, the following ones are leaning a few degrees off.

What I do is get rid of the original panel, and then replace it with a snapped one.

Something I noted with the lastest version is that the snapping isn't accurate anymore. At least, on my server. Tested with wood floors, they'll be off in a consistent direction as though the floor I'm snapping against is slightly off of where it actually is.

Hey Guys new here i downloaded this mod after using it on a diff server and wanted it for my server but i have installed as instructions stated and all i get is wait for host can anybody help me? im using vilayer and epoch 1.0.4 thanks in advance also i used the 1.0.4 player_build.sqf above

This DOES NOT WORK.

Here's a working 1.0.4 player_build.sqf with snapping:

http://pastebin.com/ekssJ2Bj (thanks to maca for sorting this out)

This DOES NOT WORK.

Here's a working 1.0.4 player_build.sqf with snapping:

http://pastebin.com/ekssJ2Bj (thanks to maca for sorting this out)

It still contains a lot of the old player_build.sqf code though (haven't tested it yet, but will every other function still be working?)