Headless Client problems

i3lackoutHD

Question

18 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Joshyy said:

How did you 'Install a headless client'

Do you have the HC near the AI?

Also how are you spawning AI?

The Headless Client connect like a normal player... (but as civilian).

The AI is spawning via mission script. (e.g. DZMS edited)

My init:

if (!isServer && !isDedicated && !hasInterface) exitWith { <HC Init> };

The Epoch "Server" and the HC are on the same maschine.

Edit:

HC is spawning on top of the map. I read something about that the HC must be near the ai. Thats possible?

If you need more Infos feel free to ask me :)

You can create a separate slot for the HC and set the position via the mission.sqm or you can set the position with it

if (!isServer && !isDedicated && !hasInterface) exitWith {

_hcsetpos = player setPos _missionposition;

};

now you can make the mission position a public variable from DZMS and call _hcsetpos when a new mission spawns so that the HC can be near the mission.

How are you offloading the AI to the HC?

17 minutes ago, Joshyy said:

You can create a separate slot for the HC and set the position via the mission.sqm or you can set the position with it

if (!isServer && !isDedicated && !hasInterface) exitWith {

_hcsetpos = player setPos _missionposition;

};

now you can make the mission position a public variable from DZMS and call _hcsetpos when a new mission spawns so that the HC can be near the mission.

How are you offloading the AI to the HC?

Offloading means remove the ai? Then deleteVehicle.

2 hours ago, Joshyy said:

Offloading as in transferring the control of AI to the headless client? or are you directly spawning missions via the HC?

Directly.

Update: HC is working for ai now... but must be near the ai. There no way that i can spawn ai at multiply locations?

Yeah i always had lots of problems like that with HC's and lots of battleye issues. I'm not entirely sure how the current servers that run HC's actually work but i gave up on it. Either way you shouldnt need a HC to control the stuff on your server if you do you must have too many scripts or too many objects in your DB.

My server sits at 17-20 FPS (60 players online) with 3k objects in my DB and running 2 missions at once.

4 minutes ago, Joshyy said:

Yeah i always had lots of problems like that with HC's and lots of battleye issues. I'm not entirely sure how the current servers that run HC's actually work but i gave up on it. Either way you shouldnt need a HC to control the stuff on your server if you do you must have too many scripts or too many objects in your DB.

My server sits at 17-20 FPS (60 players online) with 3k objects in my DB and running 2 missions at once.

3 Missions at once +1 extra. SectorFNG, Skalisty Island. Server fps are ~6 (50 Players Online). Too much at once?