Sign in to follow this  
TheodoreCHill

Sky Texture Question

Question

Hello

The DayZ Epoch sky is very bland. Playing regular Arma 2, I noticed that the sky had a natural constellation which could be used for navigation. Is it possible to re-texture the sky so that we have the default Arma sky without using extensions?

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

Adding this to your client files will result in a kick from all servers that don't have this pbo in allowed extensions. Furthermore if you install it on your server, users that don't have this extension installed will get kicked for missing files.

Users these days are lazy and I doubt you get a full populated server with a custom extension that isn't automatically installed.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:59 AM, DAmNRelentless said:

Adding this to your client files will result in a kick from all servers that don't have this pbo in allowed extensions. Furthermore if you install it on your server, users that don't have this extension installed will get kicked for missing files.

Users these days are lazy and I doubt you get a full populated server with a custom extension that isn't automatically installed.

I figured as much, albeit I was a bit hopeful that you could call it somehow because it IS default in Arma II. Pity.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aslan247
      Hey Guys, 
      I'm running an Arma 2 Dayz Overwatch server with GTX, problem I'm having is that the server gets dark really quick. I'm wanting to have bright sunny days but it's always very overcast and within one hour of restarting it's already getting towards dusk. 
      I have Infistar installed and I have checked my Hive.ext.ini and can't seem to locate why there would be a problem. My server restarts every 3 hours 3 6 9 12 etc. GMT/UTC. 
      Can anyone be so kind as to tell me what I must do please?
      Thanks. 

• By Brockie
      This is How-to reskin/retexture vehicles.

I do not take credit for any of the script.  I just made a how-to because a few people asked for it.

For advanced user:  This was created after a lot of searching and at least 100 different ways of trial and error.  It's unbelievably simple and I'm sure someone has posted this before but I hope it helps. 
           Features:
      No noticeable server startup lag.  Easy to install. Works on the fly for purchased vehicles. Works for dynamic vehicles. Works on server restarts. Tested with 7 custom vehicle skins setup on traders and dynamic, worked flawlessly and tested restarts too.    Credits
      [VB]AWOL whose postethe proper way to do this. [VB]AWOL + Epoch Dev Team and EpochMod.com community for sharing awesome mods.    Requirements
      Custom texture files that are known to work. Ability to edit sqf files PBO Manager Notepad++    Installation

Step 1.  Get some custom textures and put them in your mission folder somewhere.  Write down the folder structure for future use. For my example textures are in the custom folder in my mission file.

Step 2.  Unpack your dayz_server pbo

Step 3.  open these three files:  server_publishVehicle2.sqf, server_publishVehicle3.sqf, and server_monitor.sqf

Step 4.  In your server_monitor.sqf find this:
      _lockable = 0; if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _type >> "lockable")) then {                     And ABOVE it put this
      if (_type == "SUV_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\SUV.jpg''];';};                  Change the Vehicle Classname and the texture pathing for your texture and vehicle.  Keep adding more lines like this for each texture that you need.

Step 5. Again in your server_monitor.sqf find this:
      // # END SPAWN OBJECTS #                    And below it put this:
      processInitCommands;        Step 6. In server_publishVehicle2.sqf find this:
      } else { _object = createVehicle [_class, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"]; };                   And BELOW it put this:
      if (_class == "SUV_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\SUV.jpg''];';};                  Notice the only difference is _class instead of _type.  Again  keep adding more lines like this for each texture that you need.

Step 7.  This Step is for BOTH: server_publishVehicle2.sqf AND server_publishVehicle3.sqf find this:
      publicVariable "PVDZE_veh_Init";                 And BELOW it put this:
      processInitCommands;     Step 8.  Now in server_publishVehicle3.sqf find this:
      //Add weapons _objWpnTypes = _weapons select 0; _objWpnQty = _weapons select 1;                And ABOVE it put this:
      if (_class == "SUV_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\SUV.jpg''];';};                It's the same line from server_publishVehicle2.sqf  with _class instead of _type.  again repeat more lines exactly like this for more textures.

Step 9.  Save Changes and Repack PBO

Congrats your done!

Note:  This could also be done by creating a function and then calling the function from each file, i think....  but I prefer to do it this way.
    • By Alkeriece
      i just started up a server for friends but the server seems to be locked on day and as much as i've looked i cant find the string that lets me enable day/night cycling.
      if anyone wouldn't mind sharing the location of this that would be awesome.
    • By said11
      Hello All
      somebody knows how i set night in  arma 3 epoch?
    • By deltagi
      So I am wondering how I would set up a day/night cycle.
      Example: Most of the day irl (21hours) is day and (3 hours) is night.
      I believe I need to mess around with the hivext.ini and download and install BEC, but there is not clear guide or any confirmed method to make this work. Much thanks
      -Aurora

Edit 1:
      I want it to be 11:30pm-2:30am (1/8 restarts) to be night time.
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord