EPOCH Needs More Unique Monsters / Less Military Feel

Flybynight

I have played this game for what feels like hundreds hours on several different servers.  It is utterly fantastic and still can't believe how well it is made.  I feel qualified to offer an opinion on the future of this game.  For me, especially due to the survival nature of the game, the best part is always what you encounter in the wild, or even in the cities.  The sapper, cloaker, phantom, etc... are perfect.  We simply need more of them.  Many, many more of them.  I get the AI forces that spawn, as well as the drones....but to me that simply moves the game closer to just playing an ARMA co-op.  At the end of the day all you are doing is fighting soldiers.  I can do that any number of ways already. 

My simple suggestion is to move away from soldiers and make this a horror / survival game with unique beasts.  I would love a future Epoch that had no AI soldiers at all but even more intense action with the monsters of the world.

Thanks again for creating a great game.

I'm already working on this, I will be testing some new monsters on my server in the near future, I need to finish learning how to bring them in game first. Some of them will be going to a mod I'm helping some other people develop and some of them will be going to a downloadable addon I am making so that I can create a horror server. Once I am happy with the addon I will release it to the community for others to use on their server. Not gonna put a timeline on it, but I'm hoping to have a few of the monster's ready to go by summer's end.

Yep, all my clan who like less military went Dayz SA, the ones that like heavy military went other mods, Epoch should concentrate on making the best Building and crafting mod.. only thing those other mods are missing..

Epoch needs zombies not just any random monsters which is what we have now... but that conversation is now exhausted! 

Zombies would be the perfect addition.  Lots of zombies.  I don't care about the comparisons to other games.  Epoch got so many thing right that no other game has done.  Great loot, great economy, unbelievable building system......bring those monsters and beasts and zeds on and wow......you have the best survival game ever potentially. 

Play vanilla Epoch. And zombies....Play DayZ. Fucking zombies. So tired of hearing it.

Tired or not, it doesn't change the fact that people associate Epoch with Zombies.

There is nothing wrong with the military feel of Epoch, but there is definitely something lacking. Adding more drones does not fix that. 

Tired or not, it doesn't change the fact that people associate Epoch with Zombies.

There is nothing wrong with the military feel of Epoch, but there is definitely something lacking. Adding more drones does not fix that. 

Agreed , As I said in another post

A2 Epoch is a mod of a successful mod that already had antagonists and was proven- Dayz

A3 Epoch is the mod - it needs it's own fan base , It doesn't have it yet , simple !

same people who call Sappers zombies. It is my biggest pet peeve in Epoch. I am pretty sure developers will introduce more antagonists in a future.

I think this games needs less AI overall and more mechanics that force players to come to core spots. The players themselves are the best monsters. 

Making looting concentrated in one or two cities per restart, having only 2 places to go to get rid of Toxic levels that have real impact, making cars/Heli's show on the map when parked, let drones show the player on the map when set off...have ATMs or Gas Stations show use on the map or make a sound when in use....those kind of things will make this game. 

Crafting is also big. Making your own heli or bike or upgrading them would be nice. 

Once you have a base, $$$, and loot ...there is lil more to do. In a lot of servers it becomes a PVE thing most of the time. AI burn out is real.

DayZ missed the boat b/c it lagged on getting out real base crafting and a way to get around the map. This game has that but is missing elements that force the players together.

loops 

I think this games needs less AI overall and more mechanics that force players to come to core spots. The players themselves are the best monsters. 

Making looting concentrated in one or two cities per restart, having only 2 places to go to get rid of Toxic levels that have real impact, making cars/Heli's show on the map when parked, let drones show the player on the map when set off...have ATMs or Gas Stations show use on the map or make a sound when in use....those kind of things will make this game. 

Crafting is also big. Making your own heli or bike or upgrading them would be nice. 

Once you have a base, $$$, and loot ...there is lil more to do. In a lot of servers it becomes a PVE thing most of the time. AI burn out is real.

DayZ missed the boat b/c it lagged on getting out real base crafting and a way to get around the map. This game has that but is missing elements that force the players together.

loops 

The problem is, a good portion of the players prefer killing each other.  They play for the PvP.  The ones that don't usually play on low pop servers or PvE servers.

It's still early, so we, as a player base, don't know which direction Epoch will go.  Hopefully the devs can find that sweet spot where the antagonists push us into helping one another, yet still leave room for those who choose to play the bandit type.

Please remember that we are just past 0.3 of alpha and haven't even given you guys the juicy parts yet. So like I say when I have something that I'm excited about...................

STAY TUNED!   B)

Please remember that we are just past 0.3 of alpha and haven't even given you guys the juicy parts yet. So like I say when I have something that I'm excited about...................

STAY TUNED!   B)

You have created zombies haven't you Axle!! you cheeky monkey you!!!!

Like I have said before, please make an antagonist that can clime over your base wall, or have a 0.1% chance of acid-burning through your door to get in (replacing the door model with a damaged one with a hole in it (stops people taking your vehicles out). It actually hunts you and tries to get you in your base. Make it so you have to sleep somewhere and your player persists in game so it (and anyone else) can kill you. if it catches you asleep it lays eggs in you and you start to die so have to go craft medicines to heal yourself. It can stick to the ceilings of houses/buildings so going in is slowed down as you check each building. Its camo'd and can stick to trees, walls. It picks up your scent and tracks you. Its brain is advanced that if your carrying a powerful weapon it will adapt its scales to face you as it charges, it will also call for others if it sees a few of you together. It can change colour to match walls, floors, vehicles, plant life.... thats a horror!.........

qs8a4m.jpg

This guy would fit nicely with cultis and phnatom :

https://www.google.com/search?q=antagonists&biw=1920&bih=1031&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aYdDVc3JDsOZsAXK1oCYCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=demon&imgrc=OlUvDoYhUhLAaM%253A%3BruoVOwS7j90xtM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdreamatico.com%252Fdata_images%252Fdemons%252Fdemons-1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdreamatico.com%252Fdemons.html%3B800%3B500