Exploding Choppers

sparrow8332

Its a joke - i know its alpha but so many glitches its not worth spending money renting a server for a game thats non-playable, A3 money grabbing whores restrict epoch to a point but over all the bugs and this issue should be the main priority for the devs to make the game playable before more shit is added or were gonna go down the route of standalone when more items added more things broken every update and nothing really getting fixed, A serious sit down is required to sort out whats more important content or bug fixes before the great name off epoch is lost to the rubble like dayz 

Its a joke - i know its alpha but so many glitches its not worth spending money renting a server for a game thats non-playable, A3 money grabbing whores restrict epoch to a point but over all the bugs and this issue should be the main priority for the devs to make the game playable before more shit is added or were gonna go down the route of standalone when more items added more things broken every update and nothing really getting fixed, A serious sit down is required to sort out whats more important content or bug fixes before the great name off epoch is lost to the rubble like dayz 

How do you know they aren't doing this as you insult them?

I agree that the heli bug is annoying, but like Fog Horn said shooting the heli once before getting in seems to be working, and don't switch seats without the rotor spooling either, that seems to set it off. Better yet have a server with active admins that can replace the heli for you =]

Btw you can express your anger and concern in a more respectful way - these Dev's don't charge you anything for this mod remember.

It might be just pure luck , but , I haven't had one explode since I started shooting them once in the body before entry as pilot  . :ph34r:

it is a luck. I shot a heli. Several times, got in - boom. Shooting does absolutely nothing. However, there is one weird trick I do before entering a heli after restart (or if it is a fresh spawn). This trick works only for certain types of helicopters, like Orca, Taru, Mohawk, Humming Bird. When you get close to a heli like that you have enter as CO-PILOT first. And TAKE OVER the controls. You do that, you are good to go to take off. That's why I always fly my helis as co-pilot only now. And never exploded like that so far.

And there was an accident with Hellcat, it has co-pilot too, but you can not take over the controls. So at first I shot the heli couple of times. Then entered as co-pilot. Then got out (because realized can not take over the controls) and got in as pilot and instantly blew up. It is enough of evidence to disprove some people's claims that it you should always shoot a heli, or you should always get in as passenger first and only then as pilot. Passenger does nothing, same with co-pilot, if you can not take over the controls.

So helis seem to to explode when you enter as a pilot first. So make sure just to make a habit to fly them as co-pilot with taken over controls and you should be good. I haven't exploded like that for more than a week and I fly a lot.

@sparrow8332

What You describe is exactly what a Alpha stands for:

- It does NOT have to be playable at all.

- It will have bugs (Yes seriously!) and lack some core functions.

- There will be bugs that won't be fixed until later on in development. <- THIS!

- Everything is a subject of change (assets, graphics, functionality, UI, interactions, gameplay elements, story, etc.).

- There will be new functionality and assets implemented that eventually cause new bugs or break other, previously working stuff (therefore it makes no sense to fix all current bugs, like You demand, in such an early state of development).

It's the fault of people like You, that have some extremely wrong expectations when playing an Alpha release of a Mod, or an early access game.

If You want something playable, more finished, balanced and (almost) bug free, then take a break from Epoch (and obviously DayZ SA too) and come back when it's in a later state of development.

Educate Yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development#Development_process

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_testing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

And read some good articles about "Early Access" releases in the game industry:

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/steam-early-access/29027/steam-early-access-games-–-good-or-bad

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/173353-kickstarter-and-early-access-games-are-ruining-pc-gaming

@Gr8

Sorry I could not resist:

if (playerName isEqualTo "sparrow8332") then { 
	[] spawn {
		waitUntil{(vehicle player) isKindOf "Air"};
		(vehicle player) setDamage 1;
		systemChat format["tr%1%2%1%2%1%2%1%2%1","o","l"];
	};
};

:D

it is a luck. I shot a heli. Several times, got in - boom. Shooting does absolutely nothing. However, there is one weird trick I do before entering a heli after restart (or if it is a fresh spawn). This trick works only for certain types of helicopters, like Orca, Taru, Mohawk, Humming Bird. When you get close to a heli like that you have enter as CO-PILOT first. And TAKE OVER the controls. You do that, you are good to go to take off. That's why I always fly my helis as co-pilot only now. And never exploded like that so far.

And there was an accident with Hellcat, it has co-pilot too, but you can not take over the controls. So at first I shot the heli couple of times. Then entered as co-pilot. Then got out (because realized can not take over the controls) and got in as pilot and instantly blew up. It is enough of evidence to disprove some people's claims that it you should always shoot a heli, or you should always get in as passenger first and only then as pilot. Passenger does nothing, same with co-pilot, if you can not take over the controls.

So helis seem to to explode when you enter as a pilot first. So make sure just to make a habit to fly them as co-pilot with taken over controls and you should be good. I haven't exploded like that for more than a week and I fly a lot.

The shooting I always do is with a mulit-tool with vehicle repair attachment.

I've gotten into the habit to do it for both land and air vehicles.

I'm uncertain at what state the chopper is in to cause it to blow up when entering but one shot from a mulit-tool with vehicle repair seems to eliminate the issue.

It's just a workaround and it works fine for me so ditch the sidearm and go find a multi-took and vehicle repair attachment

what you all mean simulation desimulation? I read about it some time ago, but can someone expand? How does it relate to vehicles exploding when you GET in? Yeah I know about this other bug, where helicopters explode when you get closer to them (either a freshspawn or a heli sitting at someone's base), saw it multiple times and the most recent one happened to me, I parked my heli right beside my base. Logged out, logged in after restart and that same second I hear explosion.. Do I need to mention it was hellcat too? Screw hellcats, really.

The shooting I always do is with a mulit-tool with vehicle repair attachment.

I've gotten into the habit to do it for both land and air vehicles.

I'm uncertain at what state the chopper is in to cause it to blow up when entering but one shot from a mulit-tool with vehicle repair seems to eliminate the issue.

It's just a workaround and it works fine for me so ditch the sidearm and go find a multi-took and vehicle repair attachment

Find it hard to believe. Might as well use repair kit to fully repair a helicopter after every restart if you think they are damaged. But they are not damaged. If they were damaged it would be visually obvious they were damaged. Shooting with multigun, heh, I hardly see how it is different than shooting a simple gun. Neither does damage to a heli. If you think, again, that they are somehow magically damaged, then test it with vehicle repair kit.

But I can almost asure you, they are not damaged, they GET damaged when you get inside, yes, but as long as you outside helis are fine. That's why I think getting in as co-pilot first and taking over controls is much more better solution than shooting with multigun, which is hardly different from shooting with a gun, and I tried shooting with a gun and proved it to be false "fix".