Potental issues with Arma 1.42 and AiA Terrain Pack

vbawol

From my tests with the Arma patch 1.42 RC, Epoch, and the AiA Terrain pack shows there maybe an issue with AiA TP or the 1.42 RC patch that will cause issues with the server getting stuck before loading the mission file. A new project is taking over so if the 1.42 Arma patch breaks AiA TP we may need to wait for a fix from the new CUP TP group.

If anyone else can test this please report in with your findings here.

If AiA were included in the Epoch client files we'd be looking at a 10GB download. Without delta patching you'd have a hard time convincing people to keep something that size updated. Not to mention those of us who would have AiA updated anyway, are we to have to download the files twice??

If AiA were included in the Epoch client files we'd be looking at a 10GB download. Without delta patching you'd have a hard time convincing people to keep something that size updated. Not to mention those of us who would have AiA updated anyway, are we to have to download the files twice??

It's been taken over by another group:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190329-Community-Upgrade-Project-CUP_Terrains

They are promising smaller downloads for specific maps rather than having to download everything.

Don't know if this has been posted or mentioned before, I've googled for the past 2 days looking for it.. Using AiA (v2015-01-01 Hotfix), Epoch 0.3.x, Arma 1.40.129.533.. pine trees and what appears to be oak trees on Chernarus are unable to be chopped down with primative axe, hatchet or chainsaw. The smaller, what appear to be birch are able to be chopped down. I don't know if this is an Epoch issue or a AiA issue. Any information on a solution would be helpful. 

Thanks. 

on Topic note: My server does take quite awhile to load in with current release/version of above said versions. Usually have to time out, and load in again as it gives me a "Server not ready" error. After that, it's pretty much instant. It's only for the first person (usually myself) to connect after a restart.

Seems this issue has to do with mod load order.

If your using AiA Terrain Pack and your server will not start change your mod load order so that @allinarmaterrainpack is loaded last:

@Epoch;@EpochHive;@allinarmaterrainpack

Don't know if this has been posted or mentioned before, I've googled for the past 2 days looking for it.. Using AiA (v2015-01-01 Hotfix), Epoch 0.3.x, Arma 1.40.129.533.. pine trees and what appears to be oak trees on Chernarus are unable to be chopped down with primative axe, hatchet or chainsaw. The smaller, what appear to be birch are able to be chopped down. I don't know if this is an Epoch issue or a AiA issue. Any information on a solution would be helpful.

Thanks.

on Topic note: My server does take quite awhile to load in with current release/version of above said versions. Usually have to time out, and load in again as it gives me a "Server not ready" error. After that, it's pretty much instant. It's only for the first person (usually myself) to connect after a restart.

Might have something to do with the mission not being started until someone joins the server? Pretty sure it's set up like that by default. We changed ours so that the mission begins after the scheduled restart. It loads quicker for the first person and the day/night cycle isn't delayed, ours always starts getting dark by about the 3rd hour of uptime.

• vbawol unpinned this topic