Pay2Win

BaDg3R

How come Pay2Win Server always get the better population? people who put loads of hard-work in creating servers for genuine people to play on Like Myself and other Epoch Server Hosts should get more population.. but it seems were being outdone by Pay2Win Servers :(

Often these communities have had a good solid base of players from other games. When people see a full server they want to join. When they see a empty server it doesnt attract players. Paying to win is easier for some i guess.

You should idle inside your server ;)

In order for players to stay they have to have something invested in the server. As soon as they invest time/base on your server they wont want to waste that effort by leaving.

An admin is only as good as his last action.

You could be brilliant 99 times out of 100, it only takes that 1 time to make ppl leave.

its a hard balance.

running chernarus is also hard at this time bc most of the new players do not know how to install it correctly. hopefully the new epoch launcher will fix this issue. I've had some success with player base but nothing like the larger communities and I think most of the blame is in those who can't install the mod without a launcher.  

Tell them to use a3launcher then, thats what I always do and so do many other communities also.

The point is i shouldn't have to tell every player how to correctly install the game. Also A3L is not the solution bc it also has errors in the setup for chernarus. i.e. wrong ver of the AiA ect. I've done what i can to let those in MY community install the game but the randoms that join are clueless. 

in my opinion  one reason pay to win servers might be doing better is because the user invest some money , this investment (pay to win) will make you stay with the server , no one waist money and then never gets back onto the server, i think once u spend the money your pretty much tied down to that server am i not right?

well this is just what i think, would be interested to hear what others think

It certainly will be a factor, TNT, but it doesn't mean tying down; just a waste of money if you do go elsewhere.

A populated server is the biggest attraction for me now. I assume it's the same for the vast majority of players.

Yeah that is probably the biggest factor

Every bloody server is pay to win with that heli dlc switched on. The devs, imo, can't moan about p2w while implementing the dlc.

I've been disadvantaged many times because I don't have the dlc.

watch this.... 

i don't have DLC, but it's because the content is shit, lame carts and bad helis

How come Pay2Win Server always get the better population? people who put loads of hard-work in creating servers for genuine people to play on Like Myself and other Epoch Server Hosts should get more population.. but it seems were being outdone by Pay2Win Servers :(

Get an Altis Server - Cherno on Arma 3 Epoch is a nogo for many players...

watch this.... 

i don't have DLC, but it's because the content is shit, lame carts and bad helis

Jesus, he talks a lot of shit, doesn't he? For a start off, the DLC chopper that only has the three operational seats....yeah, well you can't even enter that. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against business, and DLCs are fine, but to not be able to omit them from your server, results in p2W. If all you server owners were able to have them or not have them, then I could choose to play on servers that do not have them, meaning never again will I find a chopper and not be able to fly away in it. Currently, I often find choppers that are DLC, and I can only walk away from them. That's P2W in my opinion.

Maybe after this God forsaken competition, the devs will allow server owners to choose if they want them or not.

All the above is based on my understanding that server owners can't deselect the DLC choppers. If I'm incorrect, then I apologise.

The number 1 reason why many servers are empty are because every man and his dog wants to play gods admin. Admining is hard work and the majority of servers end up abusing those powers and thus lose their player base. There are quite a few p2w servers that are empty. And there are non p2w servers that are full. Quite often the full servers are the ones that admin fairest and as little as possible, develop unique features for their servers and yes there is a little luck in there too as they got their servers up among the first few hrs and then quickly made them unique to stand out from the crowd. The players will eventually come. But people need to expect the majority to remain fairly empty for the next year as the game develops. PS if you want non p2w come play on our servers... Altis is still the most popular but with 70+ every night you shouldn't get bored! Give you a hint the servers have the word zenithovmen in them....

There are simply so many empty server because there are far too many of them, 6000 + a3 epoch server or so.... players looking for the server with players on it to play the game, nobody join a server with 1 or 2 players....

no matter how friendly the admin or whether it is one of the pay2win server ( i dont like the pay2win self )

for about altis life times, everyone thinks he could better and then they are making up own server on.

All points are true so I'll edit......

1. Players like servers with people

2. To many servers because everyone wants to have it all with no work. Look at Breaking Point they have a large player base, only around 6 or so (haven't counted recently) servers per country, and any given time they are usually only half full. Compare to Epoch where you have quadruple the servers and (probably but not for long) less player base.

3. A server with more admins online than players is usually very bad. If you need more than 1 or 2 admins then you are not catering to the players fun but your buddies mischief

4. Rampant hacking with no punishment

5. Inexperienced server owners that have their server down constantly

I feel those are the main 5 reasons but their are 100's as we all know. I would like to see the server files released to players with server host restricted. That would limit so many servers if people required the knowledge to actually setup and run it themselves.

The number 1 reason why many servers are empty are because every man and his dog wants to play gods admin. Admining is hard work and the majority of servers end up abusing those powers and thus lose their player base. There are quite a few p2w servers that are empty. And there are non p2w servers that are full. Quite often the full servers are the ones that admin fairest and as little as possible, develop unique features for their servers and yes there is a little luck in there too as they got their servers up among the first few hrs and then quickly made them unique to stand out from the crowd. The players will eventually come. But people need to expect the majority to remain fairly empty for the next year as the game develops. PS if you want non p2w come play on our servers... Altis is still the most popular but with 70+ every night you shouldn't get bored! Give you a hint the servers have the word zenithovmen in them....

Big ups the Z servers.

Fair admins = Trust = return players.

P2W servers are not full because of P2W.

They are full because they have taken YEARS to develop a community/player base.

They also have multiple servers and a large overhead cost for dedicated hardware to run the servers.

They have donation structures in place to support those costs, and players donate to support the servers.

BTW, P2W doesn't make any sense at all in Arma2/Arma3 because at the end of the day, what do you actually win? A base? cool :D

Hello all,

I agree with Zupa & cen on this.

A3Epoch is it is at the moment is hard work just to maintain a single server that alone multiple assets.

Luckily there are members that I can count on for ideas and support.

I think I can say we are learning more and more the further we get into this journey. 

STENCH

Every bloody server is pay to win with that heli dlc switched on. The devs, imo, can't moan about p2w while implementing the dlc.

I've been disadvantaged many times because I don't have the dlc.

lol as soon as I noticed that karts and helicopters from DLC are in I got so irritated. Why would admins do that? But then again, I finally bought DLC bundle so that those stupid messages won't bother me anymore.