Caboose's Epoch Suggestions

caboose1

Hi

Instead of making numerous threads i thought i would make the one so i can add them as they come along, hopefully saving some post space.

So these are the ideas that i (and ideas from people posts, credit given) think should be considered in Epoch for Arma3. Even if they are just written off they may give someone an idea for a different suggestion, i am happy with that.

A movable Frequency Jammer

A Frequency Jammer that can be moved at at cost of say 2000 energy (;ess  energy more parts).

Alliances 

As suggested by Crazymike    a further suggestion. from myself

Vehicle repair

Bring back the need for separate parts when fixing a vehicle with parts, so vehicle repair parts + wheel or VRP + engine.

Some sort of Good or bad rating system

I think there should be a sort bandit/hero (I dont like the hero/bandit tag) dynamic in the game. I am a player who avoids conflict, trying to get my base done and survive. I know most people will scoff at this. I know alot of people just head straight for the airfield.

So some sort of system that will either be visible ( clothing etc) or  in the form of restrictions and bonuses ( certain traders offer better deals while others increase there price depending on +/-).

I personally would like not to be KOS EVERYTIME and i feel this would encourage the PVE ( survival) but the system would also encourage PVP. 

This is just a thought i don't know if anything is in the pipeline. Maybe devs want it PVP, I just think having those chance encounters with randoms and the first "sketchy" 10 mins add to the game.

Handling Vehicles by

f3cuk

Hotwire kits

In order to prevent large amounts of vehicles in the database that no one uses there should be hotwire kits. They should be just as hard to get as in A2 Epoch but a nice addition would be a selfmade one. The selfmade one has a high chance of getting destroyed in the proces. Hotwire kits are used to START a vehicle, not to break into them.

Gear inside vehicle
Opening a locked vehicle should be as easy as taking out a window and breaking in. Gear inside vehicles should be more easy to access and vehicles should therefore not be 'misused' as a safe haven for gear. If you want to store gear use a safe or lockbox.

Black market dealers
After you have succesfully hotwired a vehicle you cannot sell it to a normal trader. Normal traders only accept vehicles that have keys on them. Instead you have to sell the vehicle to a black market dealer that only gives you a small percentage of the normal price for it. You can also buy vehicles at the black market trader but they cannot be locked, furthermore you need the hotwire kit to start vehicles bought at the black market trader.

Make it so that the black market dealer only has a limited amount of coins to buy vehicles so it cannot be abused. Plus it is more realistic, you have to sell stuff before you can buy again. Original owners of the vehicle can buy their vehicles back at the black market dealer, their key should still work, giving them full ownership of the vehicle again.

More "Crappier weapons"  by 

CRY3rn

Maybe the mod makers could port or use (with permission of course) some older, crappier, and generally less useful weapons to spawn as loot? Personally, it seems odd to find an M249 underneath a couch for example. Possibly some hunting rifles, maybe more pistols? I find it funny when I find an M107 in some random house rather than in a military base.

A Random Vendor 

A random Vendor will spawn with some extra loot. For example not traded loot but 2 buckets of mortar and some cinder, or 1 scrap large etc etc. Only one at any of the existing traders( not spawn).

Containers have a little more loot

Containers should spawn with a little more loot, numerous times i've out in a 10k run to only pick up two electric components.

Glitching as suggested by 

thrash25

• Currently, glitching into a base is very easy. Won't get into details how, but the metal walls are both too thin and too weak when shot through or blown up. Cinder walls take only a vehicle to blow through, effectively making them useless when compared to metal/wood.
  • Explosives are far too common and makes having a base arguably pointless. Top it of with vehicles doing more damage than bombs, base security when offline is slim to none.

Paint group xml logo on walls suggested by

GasT

Any possibility to make it possible to paint your group xml logo on constructible´s?

I disagree with you on the vehicles repair parts, I hated to had tires in my inventory in arma 2, you know how much space the tires take :/

Thats fair enough we all all have our likes & dislikes. Maybe from me seeing this it gives someone else a idea. 

And yes tires sucked lol

Not sure what BI was thinking there.. They took a step backwards in that department I personally think.

I would of thought they might of extended the way it was in A2 with additional components like carburetors, exhaust/mufflers to quiet the vehicle, vehicles stalling and needing new spark plugs etc.... but we got a multi-tool.

It's the fix-all, vehicle repair man in a gun.

It don't get more real than that!

Not sure what BI was thinking there.. They took a step backwards in that department I personally think.

I would of thought they might of extended the way it was in A2 with additional components like carburetors, exhaust/mufflers to quiet the vehicle, vehicles stalling and needing new spark plugs etc.... but we got a multi-tool.

It's the fix-all, vehicle repair man in a gun.

It don't get more real than that!

I know right and switch the and its a doctor! Like you say they should of been adding stuff, like splints and bandages or the amount need for severity of the bled.

I like the muffler idea though

I agree with most of these things, but have some additions to vehicle repair:

-replace generic vehicle repair parts with a toolbox how it used to be or some type of reusable item. These can obviously be used for other things like building how they used to be too. 

-When the actual parts get re-introduced, things the basic things like wheels shouldn't be hard to find, so you don't HAVE to keep some in your pack at all times. And you should be able to salvage parts from irreparable vehicles again.

Oh, and another suggestion is to have an ATM at the 3 safe trader spots. Though thinking about it more, this would make it too easy to gear up after you die. Maybe have a transfer fee at these ATMs. Also this should be combined with the other suggestion to make the powerful guns more rare. They should also cost more to make room for the weaker guns to not be too cheap.