AI MISSIONS?

Diceman

just nope isnt possible atm...

the cleanup deletes any any vehicle not in the safe vehicle array which only includes the drone

also it takes of the simulation of any playable unit which isnt related to epoch + deletes them shortly after

After I finally made it through the battleyefilters I managed to see no makers are able to spawn and the units just stand there doin nothing and things like static guns are w/o gunner and despawn as soon as your in 20m range or something

the cleanup deletes any any vehicle not in the safe vehicle array which only includes the drone

also it takes of the simulation of any playable unit which isnt related to epoch + deletes them shortly after

After I finally made it through the battleyefilters I managed to see no makers are able to spawn and the units just stand there doin nothing and things like static guns are w/o gunner and despawn as soon as your in 20m range or something

This does not sound right at all lol. I have ai on my missions atm an i am able to spawn in vehicles with my mission script as well. All you need to do is workaround shit that epoch has put in place what is easy to do if you know what you are doing. Also there is no point trying to use the wasteland mission system as it will just fuck shit up in epoch trust me i have tryd lol.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19832

That gave me enough information to create Ai spawns around the map in various states of emergancy. The ONLY issue as far as i could see [other than the AI having obcenely powerful gear] was the fact they were unable to hurt survivors...however if i killed myself and went back there bullets / grenades were deadly accurate...and yes they used grenades/chemlights and other such things. I believe it was something to do with the fix for making the AI believe Epoch Survivors were assigned to an enemy faction but i could be wrong.

note: from what i could work out. by default ALL Ai factions[WEST,EAST,INDI] are friendly towards "CIV" players so even if they spawn, they wont attack a survivor because they are being called as "CIV", AFAIK shooting at Ai as "CIV" wont give them "permission?" to shoot at "CIV" the fix i used created an AI officer, hidden and non playable, and attach all player spawns to him, thus affectively giving him squad command over all players spawned in and the survivors an alliance to "EAST" allowing the AI to make use of the "relations" rule and engage in combat. i am in no doubt that this is messy and convoluted but for an experiment it was enlightening and fruitful [in places]

if i can help in anyway with your AI id love to. Let me know.

I DID NOT WRITE THE POSTED FILES. THEY ARE THERE AS INSPIRATION.

if anybody has any ideas one how to make ai stay on server that would be great. I have a running and working random spawn treasure hunt script working on my server Drsubos epoch but when I try spawning ai in no matter how I spawn them they disappear after a few seconds. iv tried tons of things and cant get them to stay I can get vehicles and crates but ai wont stay. if anyone has a simple ai spawn script that works with epoch right now that would be awesome.

you can spawn vehicles and boxes and static stuff like that, you just got to figure out a work around. the one thing that your right about that I cant figure a work around is the AI untis. the do despawn after a few seconds. I cant figure out how to make them stay. if anyone has a way please explain.

yes you can do it I have everything spawning and working except the AI. Cars, markers, crates, there all randomly timed and spawned all over the map with hints and all just cant get the AI to stay. So im sure someone has figured out how to make them stay. So until then I keep the AI out and spawn Crates filled with loot hidden somewhere within the radious of the marker and people have to treasure hunt for it. Since there is no ai for them to battle I gota make getting loot someone what of a challenge. You can check out and see how it works at 69.162.93.230:2300

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19832

That gave me enough information to create Ai spawns around the map in various states of emergancy. The ONLY issue as far as i could see [other than the AI having obcenely powerful gear] was the fact they were invincible...however if i killed myself and went back there bullets / grenades were deadly accurate...and yes they used grenades/chemlights and other such things. I believe it was something to do with the fix for making the AI believe Epoch Survivors were assigned to an enemy faction but i could be wrong.

note: from what i could work out. by default ALL Ai factions[WEST,EAST,INDI] are friendly towards "CIV" players so even if they spawn, they wont attack a survivor because they are being called as "CIV", AFAIK shooting at Ai as "CIV" wont give them "permission?" to shoot at "CIV" the fix i used created an AI officer, hidden and non playable, and attach all player spawns to him, thus affectively giving him squad command over all players spawned in and the survivors an alliance to "EAST" allowing the AI to make use of the "relations" rule and engage in combat. i am in no doubt that this is messy and convoluted but for an experiment it was enlightening and fruitful [in places]

if i can help in anyway with your AI id love to. Let me know.

I DID NOT WRITE THE POSTED FILES. THEY ARE THERE AS INSPIRATION.

could you make the civ switch sides to something that there not friendly to by calling in init or something. I don't know if being on a diff side would affect loot or something but maybe this

{

_group = _x;

if (side _group == civilian) then

{

_newGroup = createGroup east;

(units _group) joinSilent _newGroup;

deleteGroup _group;

};

} forEach allGroups;

also did you test this on mp editor or anything because I looked into the script used by link above and in it, it uses the same script to create group that I tried and works fine in editor but once I put on actual server the ai will disappear.

Edited by drsubo

AI worked fine other than them being god mode enabled (if I killed myself and then went back to their group they would work as expected) they all spawned with loot which was accessible and useable (clothes not so sure about but gear, backpacks, vests and weapons) am not sure as to wether or not your idea would work as my knowledge of scripting is limited but am picking up bits and pieces. I can't think of a logical reason as to why killing yourself would allow the AI too "see" you.

Edit.

If any devs are reading can you confirm whether or not changing the "side" of survivors will in any way impact what you want to do with A3Epoch? I'd rather not carry on this road only to discover survivors NEED to be CIV and everything breaks.

maybe your set in there group or as leader or something then when you die you spawn as someone diff that's not in there group. I don't know, just a guess. But where you are testing this is it a actual server or just in editor. Because when I used it in editor they act like you said but in server the still vanish so curious if you got them to stay in a live server.

Sorry my mistake, I have insomnia and haventvslept in 3 days.

The problem was not they couldn't see you but their weapons and explosives did no damage. Player character would jolt and react to being hit (suggesting bullets are spawning and hitting on target) but no damage was taken.

THEN I killed myself and went back and everything was working fine...

The server side files are a no go, as the pbo is linked to the dll, and thus must be changed in unison or the mod breaks. 

However, I believe the mission side .pbo is still free game. Which is where I've been running all my scripts. I have no intentions of changing the fundamentals of epoch anyways, they are great as is. I just like adding a little bit on top for originality. =)

Still haven't gotten my AI to spawn in properly. Going to try a script i found off armaholic that might work. I'll post results.

About people not sharing code... Didn't I read that we are not allowed to release any modifications/scripts?

Nope, nothing said about not sharing.

What the Devs said was, modifications have to be made properly and not by hacking or modifying the Devs code, they're building a backend for properly made mods to use :)